Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One name to put away for a rainy day...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: One name to put away for a rainy day...

I don't want him. What will I do with my Ward Jersey when one says H. Ward and one says D. Ward. Pass on that reason alone.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Good idea! His name came up a lot when he was available in the past. No doubt he is a good one. CTTAI he played against the Steelers in 2008 and did a lot of damage. I remember looking up his profile before and saw how extremely injury prone he was. But I just noticed that in 08 he played in l4 games with the Giants and last year appeared in all l6 games with the Bucs, although he rarely started. Nonetheless, it seems he's not injury plagued now and would be worth looking at.

I guess nobodys buying Vincent again. Too bad, he really seems to try hard and doesn't look bad in these pre-season games.

If not Vincent, Wright, or Summers. Then the Steeler's should be looking for a 4th no? I'll bet there will be a number of quality RB's like Ward available soon. This league is just loaded with RB's. It's sad though, if they have to go out and get one.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

You mentioned Dwyer earlier. I forgot about him. I thought he was injured, but I just saw in another thread where he practiced today. You know, bringing someone in is always a possibility, but I sure wish they have what they need already here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Goal--
    Good idea! His name came up a lot when he was available in the past. No doubt he is a good one. CTTAI he played against the Steelers in 2008 and did a lot of damage. I remember looking up his profile before and saw how extremely injury prone he was. But I just noticed that in 08 he played in l4 games with the Giants and last year appeared in all l6 games with the Bucs, although he rarely started. Nonetheless, it seems he's not injury plagued now and would be worth looking at.

I guess nobodys buying Vincent again. Too bad, he really seems to try hard and doesn't look bad in these pre-season games.

If not Vincent, Wright, or Summers. Then the Steeler's should be looking for a 4th no? I'll bet there will be a number of quality RB's like Ward available soon. This league is just loaded with RB's. It's sad though, if they have to go out and get one.
    CTTAI? I suck at computer abbreviations.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st and Goal--

Come To Think About It?

Just a guess...never seen that used before but it makes sense in the context I suppose.

nttawwt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    nttawwt.
    I know what that one means, but at first glance, my mind first thinks of this:

instead of this...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "1st and Goal--":2k8v5qdi

Come To Think About It?

Just a guess...never seen that used before but it makes sense in the context I suppose.

nttawwt.[/quote:2k8v5qdi]

exactly! ntiwwt---as soon as I saw "nttawwt" the 1st thing that hit me was "not that I would want to" and I was going to post ntYwwt--why not? but I looked that one up [after I had no luck in finding CTTAI. Not that there's any thing wrong with that is fine-- ty.

I have been seeing in a lot of posts IIRC and OTTOMH and as you said they made sense "in the context" but I did look them up to be sure. So I started using them myself. It never occurred to me to look up and see if Come to think about it was listed. It just seemed like such a common phrase I just figured it was valid. I must admit it's not pretty, but neither is OTTOMH.

What has been happening is when I'm reading posts they are reminding me of other things. This post about Derrick Ward brought to mind the game against the Giants in 08. They beat the Steelers with the short passing game and had us backed up deep in our own territory all day. Derrick Ward was a key player in that game. CTTAI he is also a very capable runner although that day he was used mostly in the passing game.

I'm a little surprised that there is no abbreviation for such a common expression. I'm going to dig a little bit further and see if I can find something similar that RuthlessBurgher would find more palatable. LMAO

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Oh! Oh! Close to paydirt.

[url="http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/af.aspx?Acronym=think+about+it&Category=Slang&Page =1&string=on&s="]http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/a ... ring=on&s=[/url]

It seems that just about anything you say there is an acronym for it. CTTOI

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    I'm not sure what value he would have...except for watching from the sidelines. He's not replacing Mendi. I doubt at this point he could do better than Moore who is proficient in what he does for us. Now could he at this time replace Redman in short yardage. He'd be a waste for us really. And I doubt he wants to come here to site when there's several other options for him to contribute maybe. Frankly, I think he was an over-hyped fantasy football by-product.
    I'd rather we spend our time chasing down any RT that gets cut.
    Agreed I don't see much of a vertical move with Ward vs Moore. I tend to want to see what Redman can do when the regular season starts personally.
    Trolls are people too.