Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts??? Preseason Game 2

Re: Thoughts??? Preseason Game 2

^^ I was just going to post... I didn't think Sep did any better on his kickoffs than the typical Skippy kick. Now of course, he did save us 7 points with his tackle - Skippy would have been running to the other sideline, instead of making a FOOTBALL tackle like Sep did.

Bottom line, IMO, Sep didn't lay a strong claim to the kicker's job. But it's good to know we have a backup!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

Seps kicks had slightly longer hangtime. they may not have been deeper, but it seemed like our boys got down there sooner. and they seemed a bit higher.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Legend

I don't think it's fair to say a KR is a fraction of the game. How many times will Brown see the field as a WR this year? A fraction of a fraction? LOL.

I still think Logan has the ability to impact games amd change field position and those are huge. If long snapper is just a fraction why not have Harrison or Timmons do it? ST's is 1/3 of a football game and I think Logan should stick around for one more year.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I don't think it's fair to say a KR is a fraction of the game. How many times will Brown see the field as a WR this year? A fraction of a fraction? LOL.

I still think Logan has the ability to impact games amd change field position and those are huge. If long snapper is just a fraction why not have Harrison or Timmons do it? ST's is 1/3 of a football game and I think Logan should stick around for one more year.
    Felt what i'm saying is that there comes a point where your special teams guys have to be able to step on the field and produce at some other position. If Hines or Wallace were to go down who would you rather enter the rotation? Some positions like long snapper are too important to have another position player do.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Hall of Famer

and with the fact that Wallace is our only young stud of a receiver, we have to develop these young guys. Logan is 29, his ceiling is not high and the amount of time that he'll be around is a detriment.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

Starter

sylvestor was a steal where we got him...he is a baller

maybe its just me...every time i see pouncey i cant get over how skinny he looks i know he is over 300, its just strange looking to me

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Wallace led the league in YPC last season. I don't think Leftwich played with us, right?

This whole notion that Ben doesn't have a deep ball or can't throw deep is laughable.

He struggled with his deep ball when he was wearing gloves in 2004 and 2005.

For his CAREER? Ben's deep ball ranks with the league's best.

Look it up.
    Nobody in this thread said Ben cant throw it deep. But Ben, heck EVERY QB INCLUDING LEFTWICH last week routinely underthrows Wallace when he runs the deep route.
    Even when the pass is complete, Wallace who gets WAY behind the defender must often slow down allowing the defender to close before making the catch.

I also thought "finally" a perfect bomb to Wallace.

That was the best in stride deep ball to Wallace yet. That is a simple fact.

That is no threat to Ben who is a MUCH better QB. Bens pinpoint sideline throw to Wallace against Green Bay....amazingly reminiscent of the SB.

But I do hope that Ben can learn to hit Wallace in stride with regularity because I have NEVER seen a Steeler who could simply blow by corners with pure speed like Wallace can. Frankly I believe Ben is simply used to slow receivers. Perhaps THAT in why you hate Hines.

Bens high YPA is largely because he throws fewer SHORT passes. Ben also extends plays which results in receivers getting open deeper than the original route.

Ben is extremely accurate when the receiver is cutting across the field, even relatively deep. That is why he likes guys basically zig zagging after having run the designed route. Nobody is as good at hitting receivers in that situation.

But even before Wallace, hitting receivers in stride deep who are running straight up-field is not his strength.

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Seps kicks had slightly longer hangtime. they may not have been deeper, but it seemed like our boys got down there sooner. and they seemed a bit higher.
    I think you're right ...

I wonder if it's possible that kicking "too much" could hurt Sep's reconstructed knee? Probably not, or they wouldn't be giving him these looks at kicking off.

I really liked his tacking!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

I dont think we need to choose. I'd keep both rooks and Logan and dump ARE myself. I see both younguns as having better upside than ARE at his peak. Unless of course we intend to have him throwing passes like he used to.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming

I dont think we need to choose. I'd keep both rooks and Logan and dump ARE myself. I see both younguns as having better upside than ARE at his peak. Unless of course we intend to have him throwing passes like he used to.
    The only thing ARE really brings to the table is insurance if Hines Goes down. He's the most familiar with the playbook and would be able to step into a starting role with less chance of making a lot of mental mistakes.

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining