Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We're all idiots, so why are you here?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: We're all idiots, so why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    While I enjoy this board, and read and post here the majority of the time, there is certainly a group think on certain issues. Mike Tomlin is one of those issues - it seems that any criticism of him is frowned upon here, and almost invariably, any criticism leads to somebody bringing up the janitor comment made by some buffoon a few years ago.
    Criticism is fine. I've criticized Tomlin for his "unleash hell in December" comment plenty of
    times. As well as some questionable calls in the Jacksonville playoff game.

It's the relentless crybaby whining that annoys the hell out of people.

(not directed at phillyesq)
    Stop whining!!!
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Calling your Steelers brothers and sisters idiots, in essence, on another forum while providing a link to that forum for "comedic" purposes is indeed a very classless move.

You just became the guy who slaps people on the back and laughs with them when facing them, but when they turn their back that slap turns into a knife.

cruzer-

a couple quick points.

A. its a message board. don't put so much importance into it.

B. several, if not many, of the people on that board were on the trib board prior to it being shut down. Both at the Trib board, and at the subsequent boards- there has always been a distinct philosophical difference of opinion on certain matters.

- My post - was in no way meant to lump "everyone" in the same basket- but was intended to speak to that division that exists between these two groups of thought, which has lead to two different message boards.

C. lastly- the topic under discussion at the time - seemingly created all sorts of "personal" backlash towards me. All because I pointed out, what I believe to be strong evidence supporting my position.

I knew when I made that post- that the people on that board, would immediately know who I was talking about / referring to.

The link was simply for "easy of business."

Hope that clears things up-

It doesn't clear anything up. It's a classless move.

Saying, "Here is a link to the discussion" is one thing, saying, "For the comedy of it" or whatever the hell you said is entirely different. The jab about it getting "actual consideration" is feeble as well.

You basically said to those other posters, "These guys over here don't agree with me. Look at how stupid they are and laugh".

You insulted us. Period.
    I edited my initial response to be more thorough.

Point is still valid- its a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Really? Come on...It's a message board. If ANP thinks we are all idiots then so be it. I personally could care less. Why would it bother you?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm a big-time idiot. I've done my best to prove that over 11,000 times now. At least someone finally caught on. Glad to be able to provide some comedy for all of the douchetastic bastages from all over the interwebz. :P

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    While I enjoy this board, and read and post here the majority of the time, there is certainly a group think on certain issues. Mike Tomlin is one of those issues - it seems that any criticism of him is frowned upon here, and almost invariably, any criticism leads to somebody bringing up the janitor comment made by some buffoon a few years ago.

I beg to differ phillyesq. I've seen plenty of Tomlin related negativity that was well deserved in the past. His decision making was certainly an issue a couple years ago, and people made it known.

Its when race comes into play where I think people get way out of line. That is not an issue in my mind.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow!... I just found this thread while surfing the various boards... Quite entertaining...

And disturbing at the same time...

Many folks post on different boards. Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one (and mine) bookmarked, and I post on all of them... It's all about the "love" of the game and competition... It's all supposed to be fun... I personally promote and encourage posting everywhere you can, if it provides enjoyment.

Some folks here (but not a large amount by any stretch of the imagination) seem to get their panties in a bunch and take things way too seriously. They don't like to hear any opinions that differ from theirs, which is sad... Life is too short for that mindset in my opinion.

stlrzd, I have no problems calling you out as one of those. You've become pretty closed-minded since the days of us bantering back and forth... You whine about LVG, but then you go read stuff on my site... It actually is pretty funny... But it's just that attitude that incites such comments from other members on multiple boards. I know you don't agree with me, and that's cool... Differing opinions is what makes the world (and message boards) go 'round... Which is why we're all here.

I've talked to alot of you folks, and others... I encourage posting alot... If you want to be somewhat closed-minded, so be it... At the end of the day, we all still root for the same team, and that is what matters. Not us, but the team... It's also sad that there are several folks on here that won't talk or banter with me at all because I left this place as my primary posting location... I'd drop a link, but "management" has required an "advertising fee" if I do so... Even though it was highly encouraged to do the same thing when this place was starting up... There's not a single individual I wouldn't welcome elsewhere (one or two of you that posted in this thread are probably thinking "really?".... Yea, really).

To chastise ANP is absolutely rediculous... He's just doing what comes naturally, and if making one or two unflattering remarks burns a few folks, then you need to ask yourselves why they were made. Where there's smoke, there is fire... But seeking-out commentary about a subject, any subject, any WHERE is not a "bad" thing.

I love posting here, and elsewhere... That's why I have my own place... If this post incites you and makes you mad, or gets me banned, so be it... But a "bigger" picture is probably in order for some... Afterall, again, this is supposed to be fun and entertainment... So it's nothing to take too seriously.

(groton... carefull mentioning the "T" word... Threads get deleted for that...)

.... Maybe I need to link this thread as well.... LoL! ... (actually, it really isn't a big enough of an issue to do so, as the preseason is well underway).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    B. several, if not many, of the people on that board were on the trib board prior to it being shut down. Both at the Trib board, and at the subsequent boards- there has always been a distinct philosophical difference of opinion on certain matters.
    .... There's quite a few at this board as well....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

... And another "BTW"... I'm the biggest idiot ever... I never take myself (or any sporting event) seriously... Life is too short for that... We all need to "just have fun", and take the drama out of stuff.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one
    What Cleveland board do you post at NKy? I'm a frequent lurker at thebrownsboard
    since they are the other "local" team in these parts. I don't post at all, but I like to
    read their delusional opinions about the Steelers.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Heck I have 4 other Steelers boards, a Bengal board, a Baltimore board, and a Cleveland board in addition to this one
    What Cleveland board do you post at NKy? I'm a frequent lurker at thebrownsboard
    since they are the other "local" team in these parts. I don't post at all, but I like to
    read their delusional opinions about the Steelers.
    [url="http://www.dawgtalkers.net/"]http://www.dawgtalkers.net/[/url]

... I don't post much till the week before the games against the Steelers for obvious reasons...