Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet ANOTHER reason to want Troy back:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yet ANOTHER reason to want Troy back:

This from CHFF (not sure if this has been posted)

Since 2007, Polamalu has missed 16 games and played 32. The Steelers are 8-8 and allow 20.4 PPG without him, 23-9 and allow 15.4 PPG with him.

Honestly, I did not think the difference would have been that profound. Coincidence? Maybe; but the number is shocking.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Yet ANOTHER reason to want Troy back:

In how many of those games is Aaron Smith missing as well? In both 2006 and 2009 they both missed significant playing time together. Either one is a big loss but the combination of them both missing is huge.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is difficult to overcome the loss of the best player on a team. There is a good chance that Troy would had made a play to end the game in one of those 4th QT losses last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree, Troy's absence definitely hurt all around last season, but I'm sure he could have iced at least one of those 4th qtr losses last season.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why if I were king for a day Troy would not sniff the field in preseason. Same with Aaron Smith.

Give their back ups all the reps so they are ready if either did get hurt again.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    In how many of those games is Aaron Smith missing as well? In both 2006 and 2009 they both missed significant playing time together. Either one is a big loss but the combination of them both missing is huge.
    That would require more research than the crack staff at CHFF is willing to do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Only stat that will mean anything this year. Points allowed 15 or below will put us on the road to Dallas.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "steeler_fan_in_t.o.":1ngiaigb
    That would require more research than the crack staff at CHFF is willing to do.[/quote:1ngiaigb]

Smith missed 11 games in 2009 and 5 games in 2007. The problem is that the injuries in both cases were season ending. They were also both upper extremity (arm and shoulder) injuries which are tough for a player who has to "hand fight" with a 300lb+ man on every single play.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

Big money TO.....big money! It may be difficult to find two replacements from the entire league, let alone one team, that can fill the void when these two are out. Getting these two back, Mcfadden back , and another year under the belts of the likes of Hood, Woodley, Timmons, etc...has me fired up about this D. Big time fired up!
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Losing Troy and Aaron together last year was just a shame, hopefully the breaks fall our way this year on the injury front. You just can't replace Aaron Smith and Troy P.

I agree with whomever posted that 15ppg puts us in Dallas this year. I want to see us nothing less that dominant this year.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.