Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Direct TV Rookie

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Direct TV Rookie

So this Saturday should be my first chance to try out my NFL Sunday ticket!

Right? I mean, are preseason games included?

And is there anything I have to turn on? Or are the games just there??

Excuse my ignorance in this matter. I'm really a pretty intelligent armpit

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Direct TV Rookie

I haven't had DirecTV in a couple of years, but if I recall correctly, the preseason games are not included, so you may have to watch the NFL Network re-air on Sunday morning (or find an online stream if you want to see it live).

This may have changed since I went back to cable, though, so don't quote me as gospel...

Once the regular season starts, yeah, the games are just there. Just search 'em out on the ol' viewer guide. You should also get the Red Zone Channel as a part of your package, which is a solid option (when the Steelers aren't playing of course). I'm happy that I am now able to get that on cable, since I missed that when I dumped the dish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I haven't had DirecTV in a couple of years, but if I recall correctly, the preseason games are not included, so you may have to watch the NFL Network re-air on Sunday morning (or find an online stream if you want to see it live).

This may have changed since I went back to cable, though, so don't quote me as gospel...

Once the regular season starts, yeah, the games are just there. Just search 'em out on the ol' viewer guide. You should also get the Red Zone Channel as a part of your package, which is a solid option (when the Steelers aren't playing of course). I'm happy that I am now able to get that on cable, since I missed that when I dumped the dish.
    Thanks, RB. Yeah, I did a little of my own research and found that I don't get the preseason games. But for $40 I can watch them all on-line at NFL.com. Have you guys seen this??

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/nflcom-will-stream-preseason-games-package-costs-40/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -costs-40/[/url]

And thanks for the info on the regular season. I had Red Zone with my cable last year and I agree, its a great way to follow all the games. I promised myself DTV a bunch of years ago but never pulled the trigger because I had a local Steelers bar we went to. Unfortunately the owner sold it and now its just a reg sports bar.

So I'm excited about my first year on DTV. And I still get NFLN & Red Zone so I'm totally covered!! You're all welcome to stop by any Sunday! Bring food!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

As you found, pre-season games aren't on NFL Sunday ticket. But NFL Network (212) generally shows them all, if not live, then re-played.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

Thanks, RB. Yeah, I did a little of my own research and found that I don't get the preseason games. But for $40 I can watch them all on-line at NFL.com. Have you guys seen this??

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/26/nflcom-will-stream-preseason-games-package-costs-40/"]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -costs-40/[/url]

And thanks for the info on the regular season. I had Red Zone with my cable last year and I agree, its a great way to follow all the games. I promised myself DTV a bunch of years ago but never pulled the trigger because I had a local Steelers bar we went to. Unfortunately the owner sold it and now its just a reg sports bar.

So I'm excited about my first year on DTV. And I still get NFLN & Red Zone so I'm totally covered!! You're all welcome to stop by any Sunday! Bring food!!!

Blasphemy!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

you'll get to see 2 preseaon games because they're on nantional TV.

$40 for the other 2 seem a bit pricey IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you get a DVR model? I have an auto record set up for "STEELER" and my DVR automatically records anything Steelers related for me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Did you get a DVR model? I have an auto record set up for "STEELER" and my DVR automatically records anything Steelers related for me.

Interesting that you have yours set to SteeleR, I have mine set up for Steelers.

Making Poking of course
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Interesting that you have yours set to SteeleR, I have mine set up for Steelers.

Making Poking of course
    I left off the S at the end in case only the word "steeler" appears in the program. As in, "NFL Films interview with former Steeler ______"

Making poking that!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Enjoy! Had it for years and its awesome. Back again in my house this year even though i tried cancelling and basically got it free. Im excited.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285