Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Already Have a Replacement for Revis...

Jets Already Have a Replacement for Revis...

http://blog.newyorkjets.com/2010/08/09/ ... w-tweeter/

Man I so would love for the Steelers to pull a miracle and get Revis from the Jets. He isnt going to play for them this year.

Troy and Revis in the same secondary is something the league has never seen before. It would be huge.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

Re: Jets Already Have a Replacement for Revis...

I have no interest in this bum playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    None whatsoever...
    Screw him and his BS holdout!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    I have no interest in this bum playing for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    None whatsoever...
    Screw him and his BS holdout!
    So if he is the best corner and possibly the best defensive player in the NFL shouldn't he be paid like it? Nmandi Usuamuha is a great corner however he isnt as good as Revis and Revis should make more than him.

Revis has proven to be the best lock down corner the game has seen since Deion Sanders/Rod Woodson.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

If Revis is so good why is it possible for the Jets to replace him with a rookie?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    If Revis is so good why is it possible for the Jets to replace him with a rookie?
    i am assuming they have no choice in who they replace revis with.

Revis resolution could hinge on early regular-season results

Posted by Mike Florio on August 10, 2010

With no end in sight to the Darrelle Revis holdout -- indeed, it would be a shock if Revis caves in the face of the August 10 deadline for preserving a year of service toward free agency -- the ultimate leverage for one side or the other will come after several games that count have been played.

If the Jets, who arguably have the highest expectations of any team in NFL history, fall into an early hole after playing the like of the Ravens, Patriots, and Dolphins to start the season, significant pressure will arise to get Revis into the fold. Conversely, if they start strong, the Jets will have no reason to cave.

Think back to the 1993 Cowboys. Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith's holdout stretched into the regular season. Ultimately, he skipped the first two games: a Monday nighter in D.C. against the Redskins and the home opener against the Bills, whom the Cowboys had beaten earlier that year in the Super Bowl. Dallas lost both games, Emmitt got what he wanted, and the Cowboys became the first team to climb out of an 0-2 hole and win the Super Bowl.

If, of course, the Jets start fast, they'll have no pressure to get Revis signed. In 1997, the Redskins raced to a 3-1 record, allowing them to harden their stance against defensive tackle Sean Gilbert, who ultimately sat out the entire year.

Meanwhile, Gilbert's connection to Revis finally is getting more attention. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News takes a close look at Gilbert's role in his nephew's strategy.

And the most important quote comes from former Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly: "In Sean Gilbert's case, he actually made more money by holding out for the season."

So it's time, we believe, to seriously consider the possibility that Revis will miss all of 2010. Whether he does depends in large part on what the Jets can do without him in September.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... mill/2.php

Revis would give us a complete shutdown secondary. We would be idiots not to give up a first, second and mad money to acquire his skill set.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Revis would give us a complete shutdown secondary. We would be idiots not to give up a first, second and mad money to acquire his skill set.
    Not to say that having Revis in the Steelers secondary wouldn't be a huge advantage...

I just don't see the Steelers ever paying that kind of money for a CB in the LeBeau system.

The pass defense is based upon pressure and confusion.

To hell with people that can't honor their words or their contracts. Why do they sign it if they don't intend on following through ? The entire reason for contracts is so that you don't have stuff like this by running from team to team each season for the highest bid and causing personale problems for your team.

It's one thing if the team is willing to consider it but when you hold out, fake an injury, your just a worthless person.

If one of you guys sell your car for say $5,000.00 and you run into the new owner and see the car is running good, still looks good and what have you, do you now demand more money for the car ? Say you are the buyer and a couple years later the seller comes up to you and tells you, " I didn't know the car was going to do so well, I want more money. "
    I can just hear the conversation between buyer and seller. The FU word would be the first words spoken.

It's no different from what these clowns are trying when they back out of a contract.

I wouldn't want a player that causes scraps on my team, maybe he should join the Bengals, that's a real zoo over there with their share of characters that lack character.

If we're going to shell out that kind of coin, I would rather it be in an inflated signing bonus for Lamarr Woodley. And since that's going to happen, conjecture on the possibility that Revis could be in a Black and Gold uniform is unrealistic.