Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben on Siebel and Starky

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben on Siebel and Starky

Recap:
    -He's said its been a good camp. He's helping the young guys get better.
    -This offseason he worked out 6 days a week. 1 day he did yoga. His mother did yoga with him.
    -He has been a "coach" to the other guys. He's doing mental reps.
    -He has a plan for his suspension
    -Doesn't know how much time he will get during preseason
    -Likes Emanual sanders
    - Has had "warm" reception hasn't really gotten negative reaction. He's prepared for negative attention though.
    - Talks about veteran leadership.
    -Doesn't think about hall of fame induction first time he has been to the ceremonies.
    - Still doesn't do the film study, learns better on the field.
    - Him and BA are on the same page
    - isn't worried about filling that Santonio gap.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Ben on Siebel and Starky

Stonio's gap is between his ears and will never be filled with anything but purple haze.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siss
    Recap:
    -This offseason he worked out 6 days a week. 1 day he did yoga. His mother did yoga with him.
    -Likes Emanual sanders
    - Has had "warm" reception hasn't really gotten negative reaction. He's prepared for negative attention though.
    -Doesn't think about hall of fame induction first time he has been to the ceremonies.
    I'd like to know if his exact words were, "I don't study film" or "I rarely study film" or something like that. Because I can't imagine the coaches would allow that.

I suspect what he said is something more along the lines of, "I don't study film as much as other guys because I learn more by being on the field".

Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Recap:
    -Likes Emanual sanders
    I'd like to know if his exact words were, "I don't study film" or "I rarely study film" or something like that. Because I can't imagine the coaches would allow that.

I suspect what he said is something more along the lines of, "I don't study film as much as other guys because I learn more by being on the field".

That's been said about Ben from the beginning of his career. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, because, Ben gets results on the field and that's really all you can ask for. If he studied game film more, would Ben be a better quarterback? No way to really tell, he could study, but it may not help him, because, he has to experience something to understand it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Recap:
    -Likes Emanual sanders

That's been said about Ben from the beginning of his career. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other, because, Ben gets results on the field and that's really all you can ask for. If he studied game film more, would Ben be a better quarterback? No way to really tell, he could study, but it may not help him, because, he has to experience something to understand it.

Pappy
    I'd still like to know if that's what he really said.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just got the article.

I work in the film room but I'm not one of those guys who spends countless hours in the film room. I'm in my playbook. I'm a visual guy. I wanna see the playbook. My ideal is when I'm on the field visualizing it on walk throughs or in practice. That's just how I wanna see it and that's just how I learn.
    [url="http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/08/09/ben-roethlisberger-on-the-fan/"]http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/08/0 ... n-the-fan/[/url]

Audio is about halfway down the page.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben installed a film room when he bought his new house in 2006.

Just like when the media took "we need to run the ball better" and turned it into "the Steelers will run the ball MORE", they turned Ben's comment of NOT LIKING to watch film into HE DOES NOT watch film at all.

Media just prints what they want to print, facts be damned.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash

Just like when the media took "we need to run the ball better" and turned it into "the Steelers will run the ball MORE", they turned Ben's comment of NOT LIKING to watch film into HE DOES NOT watch film at all.

does that apply only to ben? it certainly doesnt apply to hines or bettis right?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just got the article.

I work in the film room but I'm not one of those guys who spends countless hours in the film room. I'm in my playbook. I'm a visual guy. I wanna see the playbook. My ideal is when I'm on the field visualizing it on walk throughs or in practice. That's just how I wanna see it and that's just how I learn.
    [url="http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/08/09/ben-roethlisberger-on-the-fan/"]http://937thefan.cbslocal.com/2010/08/0 ... n-the-fan/[/url]

Audio is about halfway down the page.
    Who is talking about film study to learn his own offense better? I'm not exactly worried about that. Most film study is used to better understand your opponent. Get to know their tendencies and weaknesses, in order to exploit them. You CANNOT "learn" this stuff on the field. I can only hope that Ben spends the time he needs in the film room looking at the opposition.

If not, then I guess this is where he has room to grow as a player.

If not, then I'd have to ask myself what is wrong with him.

I'll take Ben over any QB in the league, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. He's getting paid $100M to perform his craft. If he doesn't have a team of coaches and trainers looking for every possible way to improve, then he is simply wrong.

I'm not saying he doesn't do this, but it would seem from his own comments that he has a little film room aversion.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash

does that apply only to ben? it certainly doesnt apply to hines or bettis right?
    Most of Ward's and Bettis' problems are their direct quotes. If anything since they both kiss media a$$ they have been protected by their media pals.

Hines is divorced, you haven't seen that published in the Pittsburgh media, because Ward gives the media good quote.