Thread: John Gill: Anpther Goodell Non Suspension Looming

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

John Gill: Anpther Goodell Non Suspension Looming

[url="http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-coltsplayerarrested"]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... erarrested[/url]

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Indianapolis police have arrested Colts defensive lineman John Gill(notes) after finding him passed out in a ditch on the side of a road about 4 a.m. Sunday.

In the police report, Officer Ricardo Flores Jr. says he called out to Gill, who tried to stand up, but couldn’t and kept falling over. Flores says he eventually leaned Gill against his police car to keep him from falling.

He describes the barefoot 23-year-old’s blue shirt and khaki shorts as disheveled and soiled.

Gill was arrested for public intoxication.

Colts spokesman Craig Kelley says the team is aware of the incident but doesn’t have all the details and has no comment.

Gill is in his second year with the Colts and played in a scrimmage game Saturday in Anderson as part of the team’s training camp.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: John Gill: Anpther Goodell Non Suspension Looming

That really conveys a bad image. I wonder what will happen?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I would assume watching our boneheaded commish....absolutely nothing

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

John Gill is not held to higher standards so even if he is DUI and may even get involved in hit and run in future but since Gill is not held to higher standards he can go scott free as per few people around here. There is no need for Gill to improve as a human being since he is not held to higher standard.

Goodell in a statement said since Gill is not accused no action will be taken by NFL. We only suspend players based on accusations/perceptions. We give a clean cheat to players who are actually charged.

BTW did anyone see Q&A with Goodell during Steelers camp. What lame arse questions were being asked by selected Steelers fan. Very disappointing.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Nice try. Hows this answer:

The same thing that happened to a certain Steeler Kicker.

Are you guys trying to compare this to Ben? NOWHERE NEAR THE IMAGE ISSUE.
    Again it ain't justice, it is image.

Apples 2 Apples my friend. Plenty of examples of 1st time incidents of this kind with no suspension.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Punishment talk aside ... was this guy really found passed out alone in a ditch by the side of the road? Must have been quite the night. What is he, a bag person or something? Where were his friends to at least drag him inside somewhere and throw him on a floor?

I think there's more to this story than meets the eye. I can't imagine an NFL player being left like that on the side of the road. We'll hear more about this, mark my words, maybe alien abductions or something.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!