Thread: Friday night practice/Latrobe High School

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Friday night practice/Latrobe High School

I attend this every year but this might be the last one. They stiffed me on the goal line drill again!

Observations: The QB competition is non existent, Lefty looked sharp(despite his wind-up) and Dixon looked uncomfortable and was VERY inaccurate. Ben looked fit and was right on target.

Dwyer finally got some work and looked good popping through a few holes. The Barry Foster comparisons I've heard seem apt. The new FB, Wright looked like Verron Hayes 2.0, not particularly big or stout while blocking.

Sanders looks very smooth and has a nice burst, Battle caught two TDs from Ben and always seemed open. Antonio Brown has some Giddy up and Wallace caught a lot of passes underneath. It's obvious that he's learning the Santonio spot. The clock is finally going to strike midnight on Grisham, he dropped two more passes.

Thaddeus Gibson is a beast actually all the LBs looked good. in backs vs backers the backs were just trying to survive. Timmons looks bigger but hasn't lost any of his burst.

Skippy hit a 60 yarder and Sepulveda looked OK kicking off...different vibe in a game though, wanna see him do it in preseason.

Had to have been 10,000+ there yesterday. I'm encouraged by how fast the defense looked but am still concerned about RB depth.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Friday night practice/Latrobe High School

Thanks for the scouting report, JP!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Thanks for your viewpoint. Skippy kicked a 60 yarder? Wow, I did not think he had the leg. Sirius was there and raved alot about the Defense. Some negativity towards Dixon in that he did not look like he is progressing based on just a peak of him last night. They also commented on some new wrinlkles in Diick's Defense.

They also commented that the Offense will continue to be similar to what we have seen in the past years under BA. I was under the impression that he would emphasize run but guess we are not setup to do this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west
    They also commented that the Offense will continue to be similar to what we have seen in the past years under BA. I was under the impression that he would emphasize run but guess we are not setup to do this.
    I don't think we're emphasizing it more, just trying to be more effective with it. Things like short yardage and goal-line situations. If we can fix those things alone, we have a much improved running game if RM just plays equal to last year.