Thread: Dumervil out indefinitely

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dumervil out indefinitely

I got a text update that Elvis Dumervil is out with a torn pectoral muscle.

I'm crossing my fingers on us having no more of this happen!
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Elvis Dumervil out indefinitely

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5439705[/url]

Denver Broncos linebacker Elvis Dumervil suffered a torn pectoral muscle during Wednesday's practice that will sideline him indefinitely, according to league sources.

Dumervil is expected to miss about four months, which means he might be able to return late this season.

Dumervil is going for another opinion to get a more specific idea of how much time he would miss so the Broncos can figure out how to best handle the situation.

With Dumervil out, Denver will need to get production out of two former No. 1 picks, Jarvis Moss and Robert Ayers.

Dumervil, who had an NFL high and team-record 17 sacks last season, signed a five-year, $58.332 million extension last month that includes $43.168 million in guarantees.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Elvis Dumervil out indefinitely

Example #1 of why the FO isn't just throwing a huge signing bonus at Woodley.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, they are getting hit hard by the injury bug. They lost their first and second string running backs on the first day of camp although I didn't hear how serious those injuries were and now Dumervil.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    True. Unfortunately, also shows why Woodley wants to make money now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Woodley just tweeted that it's for the season on Dumerville.

Best of luck to him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    $$$
    Trolls are people too.