Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issac Redman

Legend

User Info Menu

Issac Redman

I have a Steeler friend that is simply obsessed with Issac Redman. He has a "man crush" like no other.

What's everyone's thoughts on the young running back Redman. From what I see he is much to slow for the NFL and the competirion he saw in college (or lack there-of) was dreadful.

Does this young buck Issac have a chance to be a decent NFL running back or just camp fodder?

Discuss.

C-town

Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Issac Redman

here's my officially posted Planet Steelers Preseason Nostradamus prediction:

Isaac Redman will lead the team in total rushing yards and rushing TDs during the preseason and also will make the final roster.

i can't wait to see Redzone Redman (and all other Steeler players, for that matter) play in our first preseason game against the Lions in less than two weeks!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler
    I have a Steeler friend that is simply obsessed with Issac Redman. He has a "man crush" like no other.

What's everyone's thoughts on the young running back Redman. From what I see he is much to slow for the NFL and the competirion he saw in college (or lack there-of) was dreadful.

Does this young buck Issac have a chance to be a decent NFL running back or just camp fodder?

Discuss.

C-town

I hope to see him succeed but also don't understand the obsession.

Curious, what's your friend's opinion on Timmons? There's a guy who has produced yet still gets slammed.

I just don't get it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Discuss.

C-town

Curious, what's your friend's opinion on Timmons? There's a guy who has produced yet still gets slammed.

I just don't get it.

I think Lawrence Timmons is going to have a breakout season.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redman played in the same football conference (CIAA) that produced former Steelers Richard Huntley and Yancey Thigpen so I don't think where he played his college ball at really matters all that much. Besides, he's Bowie State's all-time leading rusher which is about as much as you could ask for from the kid in terms of production. He'll make the team.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Starter

User Info Menu

Between Dwyer and Red I think our short yardage/redzone game will improve so speed may not be so much a factor IMO.

The caveat is who is the odd man out to the P squad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Discuss.

C-town

I just don't get it.
    He loves Redman and BA, pretty much nuetral on Timmons. At Mac and Wife (Steelers site) there is plenty of hate for the young guns, Timmons, Mendenhall, etc. I don't think they embrace change very well. I am very high on Timmons and think that he will have a monster year, while many want him on the pine in lieu of Foote. I also think "Rushhard" Mendenhall is the real deal, but a few don't see it.

Thanks for your input.

Chucktown

Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Discuss.

C-town

I just don't get it.
    He loves Redman and BA, pretty much nuetral on Timmons. At Mac and Wife (Steelers site) there is plenty of hate for the young guns, Timmons, Mendenhall, etc. I don't think they embrace change very well. I am very high on Timmons and think that he will have a monster year, while many want him on the pine in lieu of Foote. I also think "Rushhard" Mendenhall is the real deal, but a few don't see it.

Thanks for your input.

Chucktown

how can any steeler fan not like mendenhall after how he played last season? some steeler fans are so strange to me. i will never understand how some steeler fans hated bettis or hines either.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1

Discuss.

C-town

I just don't get it.

Thanks for your input.

Chucktown

how can any steeler fan not like mendenhall after how he played last season? some steeler fans are so strange to me. i will never understand how some steeler fans hated bettis or hines either.
    What he said. I actually contemplated starting a thread today about what's going on with Steeler fans nowadays. Everybody, and I mean everybody is picked apart to the n'th degree. Honestly, it takes the fun out of it for me to, after a win, have to read through thread after thread about how we won despite Arians horrific play calling. And how we could do better with someone other than Ben because he holds on to the ball too long or doesn't go through his progressions quick enough. yada yada yada. I get that we are in a fantasy football world and that players are more under the microscope than ever, but The NFL isn't run like a fantasy team. You can't have Manning at QB, Chris Johnson at tailback, Moss/Andre Johnson/Calvin Johnson at wideout, Gates at TE, etc. Players have always had weaknesses, and while discussion of that is certainly warranted, I think people get a bit too obsessed with it and it gets to the point where that's how a player gets labeled. Somehow taking away from their abilities. . . "Sure, Ben has won two Super Bowls, had a 500 yard passing game, led the team to a double-digit total of fourth quarter comebacks in a relatively short career so far, is the most prolific QB that the Steelers have had in 35 years, but he holds on to the ball too long for my likeing."

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yinzerdude
    Redman played in the same football conference (CIAA) that produced former Steelers Richard Huntley and Yancey Thigpen so I don't think where he played his college ball at really matters all that much. Besides, he's Bowie State's all-time leading rusher which is about as much as you could ask for from the kid in terms of production. He'll make the team.
    Hopefully Redman is just a tad better than Huntley was. Not a bad comparison though.