Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vince Young Gets Nothing

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Vince Young Gets Nothing

Yo Shawn, this thread wasn't intended to focus on Vick the Dick, but I can see the correlation, so here goes. Vick is a convicted felon, and is still on probation. As such, not only is he prohibited from being in the company of other felons, he cannot drink or do drugs...at all, or he goes back to the clink. Do you honestly think that Vick is partying down with all his homies on his birthday, drinking lemonade? How old is he anyhow? Does he need throw himself a party? Even Tony Dungy, who's been one of his most staunch supporters said he was completely out of line even having the party.

As for Vince Young, he physically assaulted an individual. It's a violent crime, for crying our loud. One could argue, why do they suspend players for smoking a little ganj? Well, they have a Substance Abuse POLICY. What's the league's POLICY on this other stuff. That's the whole problem right there. The commish is flying by the seat of his pants on this stuff, and basically is doing whatever the hell he wants. What's worse, smoking a little pot with your friends or punching someone in public during a drunken rage?

I don't know, some folks just don't look at these things logically.

BTW, this isn't VY's first brush with the law either, he was caught carrying a firearm illegally last year.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    May I ask what Vick did to warrant a suspension?
    He put himself in harms way with a questionable party when he was told he had a very short leash. He tarnished the shield when he was questioned in the shooting of another person.
    lol...he had a birthday party where someone came who was uninvited and created problems. He had nothing to do with the incident. I don't know what to say to those who can't see the difference in this and Ben's incident. I do find it compelling though that the only guys who really know about the situation all agreed to the suspension.
    So you believe the hearsay that paints Vick in a favorable light but only believe the hearsay that is damning towards Ben?

Wow.

Btw, Vick had people at his party (not just the "uninvited" person) that he was forbidden to have contact with as a condition of his parole or probation or whatever the hell it is that he's on. A player on probation and/or parole...that's certainly not a tarnish to the NFL's image! And a player violating the terms...also certainly not a tarnish!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    He put himself in harms way with a questionable party when he was told he had a very short leash. He tarnished the shield when he was questioned in the shooting of another person.
    lol...he had a birthday party where someone came who was uninvited and created problems. He had nothing to do with the incident. I don't know what to say to those who can't see the difference in this and Ben's incident. I do find it compelling though that the only guys who really know about the situation all agreed to the suspension.
    Sorta like some sorority girls who followed Ben around and weren't invited. I don't think Vick did anything wrong either ... just like Ben. The no suspension for Vick would make perfect sense if Ben hadn't been suspended. Now do you see some of the similarities between the 2 incidents?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Who cares. Has nothing to do with the Steelers.

Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

You say that you can't compare the two but.........

Most here agree that Ben's greatest crime was putting himself in a position to be accused when he already had Nevada hanging over his head. He should not have been hanging out in a college town bar buying drinks for any skank who just wants to get drunk. Bad things can and did happen.

Mike Vick also has something hanging over his head. In his case it is not a pending charge that may at some point go away, but it is a felony conviction that will stay with him forever. As well, he has been given instructions from those above him to stay away from certain people. By the same standard that we are holding Ben to, that doesn't just mean that he should not seek them out but he should not put himself in position where it is this easy for them to come to him.

It is all about the optics. He did not have to send out an engraved invitation - or an evite - to be held accountable for Philip's presence. When you are Mike Vick you have to put greater safeguards in to assure that you are not in violation of your league probation.

He held a party at a public place. I would think that word must have got out to people that the party was being held. What was done to make sure that this would not happen? Were bouncers placed at each entrance with a picture of all people who Vick is supposed to avoid and orders to keep them out if they show up? I think that at this point we would all want Ben to safeguard himself that way in order to avoid another incident.

Legend

User Info Menu

Doogie I think most women are a little more disturbed hearing about a rich football player at a college bar assaulting a 20 year old in a vip bathroom than a football player in a fight at a strip club.

I also think the video helps VY because it doesn't even look like it happened at a strip club. The lack of video for the public to see hurt Ben IMO. They say the video was reviewed and erased but that sounds fishy to most skeptics. I repeat.... most skeptics.

Now as far as strip club vs college bar? Hmmmm. I say the strip club wins out with most wives. Sure its T and A but how many guys bag a stripper when they are out with the guys? Not many... And the ratio is usually 10 guys for every stripper.

Now drunk college chicks? Those were the days. Those youngins are a real threat to most married women.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Vince Young should get a couple of games. It would be appropriate. Vick, it doesn't seem like he was in the wrong.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

I just read sources have leaked that Cedric Benson will not be suspended either.

Legend

User Info Menu

really?

maybe someone should ask hines' wife if banging strippers is unlikely

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    really?

maybe someone should ask hines' wife if banging strippers is unlikely

Hahahaha.......

IMO strippers are way too dangerous for married woman than college drunk girl.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT