Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Real Story Behind T.O. Signing with Bengals...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Real Story Behind T.O. Signing with Bengals...

..is the fact that Chad Ochostinko...really isnt all that. In fact he's probably about the 20th ranked WR in all of football. He is truly one of the most overrated players in all of football. Why the media gives him the attention they do is beyond me. We are talking about a WR who averaged 4.5 receptions and 65.4 yards per game last season. 15 receivers in the NFL last year had more catches that resulted in first downs than him. And the big thing that gets me is that he only had 232 yards all season on YAC. The Steelers have him figured out. Simply keep him in front of the coverage and he isnt going anywhere. A non-factor. Now they've added another non-factor WR (T.O.), Big F'in Deal!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: The Real Story Behind T.O. Signing with Bengals...

Palmer should purchase a crash helmet because Owens is going to throw his a$$ under the bus at the first opportunity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Exactly Dee Dub. This is akin to Andre Hastings or Nate Washington incessantly running his/her mouth... when you got locked up, handcuffed, shackled, pwned, whatever you want to call it, by Darrell Revis like he did last year, with the season on the line and a chance to redeem himself--and OWNED again. WTF does someone have to do to tell this guy, STFU--you are a jabroni. I do agree with your theory too, that this signing is because they know as well as anybody that 85 is not the WR he says he is.

As for TO, as I said, he is similar to Braylon Edwards at this point in his career. His stone hands become a bigger factor, since he now will make less big plays and demand less double coverage. Nothing to worry about, IMO
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Palmer should purchase a crash helmet because Owens is going to throw his a$$ under the bus at the first opportunity.
    Palmer is a pretty stand-up dude. I don't see anything T.O. could possibly use to attack him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Exactly Dee Dub. This is akin to Andre Hastings or Nate Washington incessantly running his/her mouth... when you got locked up, handcuffed, shackled, pwned, whatever you want to call it, by Darrell Revis like he did last year, with the season on the line and a chance to redeem himself--and OWNED again. WTF does someone have to do to tell this guy, STFU--you are a jabroni. I do agree with your theory too, that this signing is because they know as well as anybody that 85 is not the WR he says he is.

As for TO, as I said, he is similar to Braylon Edwards at this point in his career. His stone hands become a bigger factor, since he now will make less big plays and demand less double coverage. Nothing to worry about, IMO
    Revis handcuff's everyone he covers. The guy runs routes better then the WR's
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Jul 28, 2010

Agent Drew Rosenhaus hints that Bengals signed WR Terrell Owens amid concerns about health of Antonio Bryant

Many NFL observers assumed WR Terrell Owens would not join the Cincinnati Bengals, who signed WR Antonio Bryant to a four-year, $28 million deal in March. But issues surrounding Bryant may be the reason T.O. actually found employment in Cincinnati yesterday.

"From what I hear -- and I don't have direct knowledge on this -- is that they're concerned about perhaps Antonio Bryant's health," Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told NFL Network's Rich Eisen on NFL Total Access on Tuesday night.

Bryant had knee surgery and missed three games for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2009. His numbers plummeted after he caught 83 passes for 1,248 yards in 2008; Bryant snared just 39 passes in 2009 for 600 yards.

Owens, Bryant and rookie TE Jermaine Gresham (plus youngsters Jordan Shipley, Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson) are expected to boost a flagging passing game that failed the Bengals in their season-ending losses to the New York Jets last year, the second coming in the wild-card round of the playoffs.

Rosenhaus said QB Carson Palmer was also instrumental in Owens' signing with the Stripes.

"Terrell had some great workouts last week with Carson Palmer where he really impressed Carson Palmer," Rosenhaus said, "and I think Carson went to bat for him."

Cincinnati's No. 1 wideout, Chad Ochocinco, has also welcomed his new teammate with open arms.

"The Bengals have always been a top choice for him," Rosenhaus said of T.O. "Chad is one of his best friends. Ochocinco is one of Terrell's buddies; they've always wanted to play together, now they get their chance. Terrell's excited about a great quarterback in Carson Palmer, a playoff team -- they won their division -- those are big keys for him. And he was very impressed with (coach) Marvin Lewis, (team president/owner) Mike Brown and the Bengals organization."

-- Nate Davis

[url="http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/agent-drew-rosenhaus-hints-that-bengals-signed-wr-terrell-owens-amid-concerns-about-health-of-antonio-bryant/1"]http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... o-bryant/1[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So--no one told him to talk $hit and run his mouth. And not only did he not hold his own, he got DOMINATED--TWICE--IN A ROW
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    So--no one told him to talk $hit and run his mouth. And not only did he not hold his own, he got DOMINATED--TWICE--IN A ROW

Revis absolutely owned OchoStinko...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Why the media gives him the attention they do is beyond me.
    Because rain or shine they know that the guy will flap his gums and provide quotes and entertainment for them to print. That is what the media is after.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just love the fact that they signed a second guy that is afraid to get hit and will be taken out of the game mentally once a Ryan Clark missile comes over the top.

They're run game might be tough though.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285