Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the worst article ever written

Re: Maybe the worst article ever written

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    It is a new day. White fans are talking about a white football player getting hosed by a white commish because of the black media.

Is this life?
    Yeah I remember your stance on that issue. It doesn't sadden you a bit...take that kinda attitude. Now you know how it feels kinda thing. Honestly, I get it as much as a white guy can get it. But, two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you think it's time to just treat human beings like human beings?

Sounds like an article written by a black man who thinks a black athlete was treated unfairly due to skin color. Its no different than hearing crash or other people blame race for Ben's punishment.

We care about Ben so we read every story and feel as though he was dragged to hell and back. However plenty of other fans actually feel as though Ben wasn't raked over the coals like he could have been when the story was at its high point

The reason I find the whole white QB thing funny is because most people scream "race card" when its flipped the other way. I can't take the white QB getting unfair treatment seriously. Ben put himself in a position to be punished and has another accusation of rape against him in a civil trial.

If any other player on any other team had two of these episodes in 2 years the board would tear him apart. Hell, guys want a suspension for a punch at a strip club. Goodell has reduced some of you guys to finger pointing, race card carrying softies. LOL!!!
    While I agree with most of that...the part I can't agree with is the fact that race had nothing to do with 6 games for noncriminal actions. Goodell decided to make a statement to the 80% black NFL. You know it...I know it...and the Rooneys know it. Did Ben put himself in a bad spot? Absolutely. Did he do wrong? I can't prove it but I believe he did and we don't know what he owned up to. But, I highly doubt it warranted a 6 game suspension.

Sounds like an article written by a black man who thinks a black athlete was treated unfairly due to skin color. Its no different than hearing crash or other people blame race for Ben's punishment.

We care about Ben so we read every story and feel as though he was dragged to hell and back. However plenty of other fans actually feel as though Ben wasn't raked over the coals like he could have been when the story was at its high point

The reason I find the whole white QB thing funny is because most people scream "race card" when its flipped the other way. I can't take the white QB getting unfair treatment seriously. Ben put himself in a position to be punished and has another accusation of rape against him in a civil trial.

If any other player on any other team had two of these episodes in 2 years the board would tear him apart. Hell, guys want a suspension for a punch at a strip club. Goodell has reduced some of you guys to finger pointing, race card carrying softies. LOL!!!
    The only reason i posted this is because of the absurdity of it.Players should be treated because of actions , not race. Unfortunately , it's not true. I'm not saying Ben shouldn't have been suspended , but the major factor shouldn't be his race.In this case i feel it was.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rodisgod
    It is a new day. White fans are talking about a white football player getting hosed by a white commish because of the black media.

Is this life?
    The article speaks for itself. There is definitely a double standard , just not that which the author has imagined.

He's actually complaining that Vick's story got reported more than Ben (which is completely untrue) .Even tough Vick wasn't suspended , he's crying about the effects of the "white" media. Hmmmmm.
    Crying about the effects of white or black media is a beyotch move. That was my point all along. When you blame race you lose a lot of credibility IMO.

Legend

Is this life?
    Yeah I remember your stance on that issue. It doesn't sadden you a bit...take that kinda attitude. Now you know how it feels kinda thing. Honestly, I get it as much as a white guy can get it. But, two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you think it's time to just treat human beings like human beings?
    You actually had a hand in my enlightened transformation Shawn.
    I came into the Trib with guns drawn but it was because Tomlin was being called all types of names and it was going unchecked.

I'm just making an observation based on other peoples allaged raicial injustice.

Can we just talk about Ben's suspension as a human being or doesd he get the last play of the racial card game?

Pro Bowler

Is this life?
    I came into the Trib with guns drawn but it was because Tomlin was being called all types of names and it was going unchecked.

I'm just making an observation based on other peoples allaged raicial injustice.

Can we just talk about Ben's suspension as a human being or doesd he get the last play of the racial card game?
    Thanks for these posts, guys. Made me feel a little better about our world (and our planet )

Just a few of my own points...

Vick was convicted, Ben wasn't. We all know that.

The media (and I specifically hearing it on NFLTA) started the "Goodell had to punish the white qb" thing in regards to Ben's suspension. Its not something that some of the posters on here just made up.

The guy who wrote this article is an idiot. He makes Whitlock seem tame when it comes to the hate speak. Jeez, I thought it couldn't get any worse then Rev Jackson calling the Cavs owner a slave owner for his comments on Lebron leaving for Miami. My God, how are we going to get past our problems if race is constantly being used as an excuse by both sides?? Am I insane or did this country elect a black president a few years ago? We are all Americans!! All human beings. Get over the fact that some of us are darker than others. PLEASE!!!! I don't want my son growing up in a world where he is judged (for better or worse) on the color of his skin and not by the type of man he becomes.

If anyone actual read all that, thanks. I appreciate your time.

Is this life?

I'm glad to hear it and I get that about Tomlin. There was alot of ignorance over at the Trib about Tomlin and his skin color.

As for the race card thing...I have mixed feelings about discussion. I believe discussion and time are what helped heal some of the racial tension in the US. I believe it's why we have a black President. Without discussion of these topics there is no change.

You know where I stand on these issues. Treat people equally regardless of skin color. That goes both ways. What I fear is that if events like these are left unchecked they will get more blatant. That will cause more racial tension to arise. I don't want the last 50 years of work for racial equality to start working it's way backwards.

And am I the only one the finds the humor in the fact that the white guys are pulling the race card and the black guy is the one saying that its a byotch move to use it? The irony has me chuckling a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

Is this life?

Thanks for these posts, guys. Made me feel a little better about our world (and our planet )

Just a few of my own points...

Vick was convicted, Ben wasn't. We all know that.

The media (and I specifically hearing it on NFLTA) started the "Goodell had to punish the white qb" thing in regards to Ben's suspension. Its not something that some of the posters on here just made up.

The guy who wrote this article is an idiot. He makes Whitlock seem tame when it comes to the hate speak. Jeez, I thought it couldn't get any worse then Rev Jackson calling the Cavs owner a slave owner for his comments on Lebron leaving for Miami. My God, how are we going to get past our problems if race is constantly being used as an excuse by both sides?? Am I insane or did this country elect a black president a few years ago? We are all Americans!! All human beings. Get over the fact that some of us are darker than others. PLEASE!!!! I don't want my son growing up in a world where he is judged (for better or worse) on the color of his skin and not by the type of man he becomes.

If anyone actual read all that, thanks. I appreciate your time.

Pro Bowler

Is this life?

I'm glad to hear it and I get that about Tomlin. There was alot of ignorance over at the Trib about Tomlin and his skin color.

As for the race card thing...I have mixed feelings about discussion. I believe discussion and time are what helped heal some of the racial tension in the US. I believe it's why we have a black President. Without discussion of these topics there is no change.

You know where I stand on these issues. Treat people equally regardless of skin color. That goes both ways. What I fear is that if events like these are left unchecked they will get more blatant. That will cause more racial tension to arise. I don't want the last 50 years of work for racial equality to start working it's way backwards.

And am I the only one the finds the humor in the fact that the white guys are pulling the race card and the black guy is the one saying that its a byotch move to use it? The irony has me chuckling a bit.
    You're white????

I know, hard to believe eh? I'm not only white but pale and pasty.