Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maybe the worst article ever written

Re: Maybe the worst article ever written

Wow...how much of that can I disagree with.

If the mainstream media was consistent with how they cover all athletes I wouldn’t have a beef with the mainstream media. To be blunt white athletes get covered more favorably in the media than African-Americans.

In general, certainly in the past I would agree with this sentiment. But, I believe there has been an overcorrection if anything.

Why has the media put Ben Roethlisberger in the media witness protection program? Why hasn’t the mainstream covered Roethlisberger’s sexual assault cases with the same level of persistence as Vick?

That is ridiculous. Ben was the object of ridicule and blasted across the world. He was not charged or convicted of a crime. What is this guy talking about?

Irrespective of race both athletes should get treated the same. They both play quarterback in the NFL. Both are very gifted athletically. Both wear the same jersey number 7 and both have had brushes with the law. So why is Vick been the recipient of more negative press than Roethlisberger?

Agree with the first statement...the second is obvious. Vick was convicted of a crime and served time for that crime.

Hall of Famer

I wouldn't say Vick has "brushed" the law, he actually broke it and was convicted. that's more than a brush with the law.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Hall of Famer

more proof the black media and players didn't pressure goodell

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    more proof the black media and players didn't pressure goodell
    I said this from the beginning that it's about public perception. I knew Ben was hosed...white QB? What better time for Goodell to prove he won't favor white players? The problem...when you have black QBs/RBs etc having similar issues then you had better hand them the same punishment.

Legend

It is a new day. White fans are talking about a white football player getting hosed by a white commish because of the black media.

Is this life?

Hall of Famer

click the link.... you can see for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    It is a new day. White fans are talking about a white football player getting hosed by a white commish because of the black media.

Is this life?
    The article speaks for itself. There is definitely a double standard , just not that which the author has imagined.

He's actually complaining that Vick's story got reported more than Ben (which is completely untrue) .Even tough Vick wasn't suspended , he's crying about the effects of the "white" media. Hmmmmm.

Legend

Sounds like an article written by a black man who thinks a black athlete was treated unfairly due to skin color. Its no different than hearing crash or other people blame race for Ben's punishment.

We care about Ben so we read every story and feel as though he was dragged to hell and back. However plenty of other fans actually feel as though Ben wasn't raked over the coals like he could have been when the story was at its high point

The reason I find the whole white QB thing funny is because most people scream "race card" when its flipped the other way. I can't take the white QB getting unfair treatment seriously. Ben put himself in a position to be punished and has another accusation of rape against him in a civil trial.

If any other player on any other team had two of these episodes in 2 years the board would tear him apart. Hell, guys want a suspension for a punch at a strip club. Goodell has reduced some of you guys to finger pointing, race card carrying softies. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

Is this life?
    Yeah I remember your stance on that issue. It doesn't sadden you a bit...take that kinda attitude. Now you know how it feels kinda thing. Honestly, I get it as much as a white guy can get it. But, two wrongs don't make a right. Don't you think it's time to just treat human beings like human beings?