Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rats draft pick Cody flunks conditioning test

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Rats draft pick Cody flunks conditioning test

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    what was surprising is that the CB they have didn't pass (Walt Harris). they have a ton of guys going on the PUP.
    Cody
    Harris
    Ayenbedajo
    webb
    Cousins
    Reed
    Kindel
    It allows them to carry more players early in camp. I'll bet most of these guys have minor dings they want to heal. So as long as they are on PUP they can carry 7 more live tackling dummies for drills.

They are gaming the system right now. NE did the same thing with Welker.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We aren't talking about the "miss 6 games" PUP list correct?
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    No...it's the Reserve/PUP list that requires a player to miss the first 6 games. We are still at the point of the Active/PUP list. But if they decide to allow any of these guys to practice at all, and want to put him back on PUP, it would have to be the Reserve list and the mandatory 6 week vacation.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    No...it's the Reserve/PUP list that requires a player to miss the first 6 games. We are still at the point of the Active/PUP list. But if they decide to allow any of these guys to practice at all, and want to put him back on PUP, it would have to be the Reserve list and the mandatory 6 week vacation.
    That's what I thought RB.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It may be that they're trying to bring 7 more guys in... but those 7 aren't allowed to practice until they come off the list. Remember when Hampton was on it... all he was allowed to do was run off to the side.
    and ed reed has been dinged up for a while.
    Harris didn't finish the conditioning test along with Cody, so, that's gotta hurt them a little.
    I'd rather they let the tackling dummies practice then the guys that may actually play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure that Ngata and Lewis will find was of motivating the rook.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    I hope Cody sucks, but we as Steeler fans should know that passing the conditioning test on the first day of training camp has little bearing on the performance of a NT in a 3-4.
    Maybe...but this is not an 8 year vet who has been to multiple pro bowls....this is a kid who should be gunning to impress.

It shows that he is either unable to get that large body into shape....or unwilling to pay the price. Either way it is not a good sign for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=steeler_fan_in_t.o.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Northern_Blitz":3nxv5gaz
    Maybe...but this is not an 8 year vet who has been to multiple pro bowls....this is a kid who should be gunning to impress.

It shows that he is either unable to get that large body into shape....or unwilling to pay the price. Either way it is not a good sign for him.[/quote:3nxv5gaz]

From your lips...

I can't imagine what it will be like to run on them if both he and Ngata are in the game simultaneously. Those are wide bodies- athletic wide bodies.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I believe Shawn had a man-crush on Cody and wanted him to be a Steeler. I remember the "Caption This" thread when that photo of Cody first came out. It was hilarious!