Thread: Yet another DirectTV Thread... INSANE SALE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yet another DirectTV Thread... INSANE SALE

Hey guys,

I finally bit the bullet and called. They gave me 5 months ofr EVERYTHING, NFL Sunday Ticket, all the Premium channels... EVERYTHING for 71 a month. Just wanted to pass that on. I didn't even have to act like i wasn't excited or anything....

So moral of the story #1: If you want DirectTV, go get it NOW.

Moral of the story #2: Sundays, my house... grill, beer, football... awesomeness to the max, yo

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Yet another DirectTV Thread... INSANE SALE

Sweeeeeeet!!!

and thanks for reminding me. I have to call Directv up and plead poverty so they knock the $100 off of the Sunday Ticket and throw in Super Fan for free.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I got Directv last year and I loved it. Should I even attempt to call and say, "hey, give me a price break or else!"???
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Sweeeeeeet!!!

and thanks for reminding me. I have to call Directv up and plead poverty so they knock the $100 off of the Sunday Ticket and throw in Super Fan for free.
    No need, D* finally got smart and now includes the HD channels with the Sunday ticket package, which of course went up in price. The $100 Super Fan now for watching on your phone, computer, etc.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I got Directv last year and I loved it. Should I even attempt to call and say, "hey, give me a price break or else!"???

Dude...I called to legitimately cancel the NFL Ticket, those sons a beeches would not let me cancel for nothing! I honestly didn't want it anymore, they ended up giving me discounts for various things that amounted to getting the NFL Package for free. And I'm not talking about stuff I don't use. They had me sign up for autopay which takes money out for my bill automatically and I got free HD access which is like $10 a month. They gave me 1/2 price on the Ticket. Then gave me $20 off my bill for the heck of it for six months. Plus NFL2Go for free.

WTF...I couldn't say no. My bill is the same as before but with the entire package.

Beware, my friend called and tried to twist their arm into the same thing and they straight up cancelled his $hit without warning. He's gotta call back now and ask to get re-instated...ha.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I eliminated my need for Sunday Ticket by moving back to Pittsburgh. I'll miss it for Fantasy football but otherwise I won't miss the spotty signal during storms with the dish. My gf and I are still undecided on what to do once we're finished with the house. My parents have FIOS and it's great. Directv is definitely solid but the spotty signal during storms/wind etc drives me nuts, especially when DVR'ed stuff is messed up.

Great deal either way but after that 5 months everything goes to full price and it's no where near 71 a month. It's more like 150 a month unless you can negotiate a half of deal like mentioned in this thread.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

yea that happened to me.
    I tried to twist them a few times and they always gave me road blocks.

So I had Comcast set me up and then canceled Direct TV. They grovelled pathetically for 20 minutes, but I had already set up Comcast. I told them I tried to get them to give me a break before and they wouldn't. I don't love Comcast, but it is much cheaper and includes Internet and phone. I told Direct TV that I'd talk them again someday. Gotta switch every 3-4 years to get new equipment anyway.