Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No penalty for Vick

Hall of Famer

Re: No penalty for Vick

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    The Rooney's have bent over for Goodell so much that Ned Beatty would be jealous.

Spygate.

Forced the ownership group to disband.

Didn't fight for Ben's innocence.

All since Goodell took over.

I still could not believe when Rooneys came out to support Goodell on Spygate. Unfreakingbelievable. I was like WTF.

And Rooneys should have come out to support Big Ben. I think only Colbert issued a statement. The only reason Vince Young did not get any suspension is because of Bud Adams support to Young. And if Rooneys are really pi$$ed off with Big Ben then trade him. If you are not going to support your employee then he ain't gonna give 100% for them.

No wonder Bill Cowher did not even mention Art Rooney II in his final speech.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

I was talking about the Rooney's letting Goodell convict Ben themselves.

They should have told him we will suspend the uncharged QB two games, period.

But Goodell says jump, and the cowardly Rooney's say how high.
    Quote Rooney

" I want to say that I have informed the Commissioner that the Pittsburgh Steelers are prepared to take disciplinary action at this point.

"However, I want to make clear that any discipline will be agreed to and coordinated between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Commissioner. In other words, there will not be two separate decisions on discipline.

"I have made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We have made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions, and Ben has indicated to us that he is willing to accept those consequences.

Far from cowardly not sticking up for his QB Rooney WANTED Ben to get punished severely.

Add to this that the collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players' union gives a club the ability to suspend a player for only four games without pay for conduct detrimental to the team. The union can appeal a team suspension.

It is so easy to see what happened people. ROONEY WAS FOR THE SUSPENSION, perhaps even more than Goodell. It is persomal to him. His family name is tied to this team, and he was personally angered by how it looks, when the leader of his team is thought by many to be a rapist, true or not.

If Rooney suspended Ben it might not stick, so he let the league do it in consultation with him.

Rooney had just dumped AmStonio for peanuts people. Rooney was more than any owner cares about the reputation of his team.

If a "crime" against Ben was committed Rooney was a partner. Rooney was no weak victim of your imagined race agenda.

What people fail to understand the purpose of the personal conduct policy is about the reputation of the league, not "justice". Perception is huge. Both for the league and the Steelers.

That is why Ben got suspended.

Legend

Rooney was more than any owner cares about the reputation of his team.
    So why was Holmes kept after not one, not two, but THREE ARRESTS?

James Harrison?

Jeff Reed?

Ernie Holmes?

The Rooney Family fortune was created with the help of the GAMBLING industry.

Reputation my a$$.

The Rooney's IMO would have suspended him 2 games, max.

They were WORRIED, that it was going to be EIGHT GAMES, that doesn't sound like the Rooney's and the Commish were on the same page.

The union can appeal a team suspension.
    And a player can appeal an NFL issued one. Like Brandon Marshall did when he got a three game Goodell suspension reduced to one.

What people fail to understand the purpose of the personal conduct policy is about the reputation of the league, not "justice". Perception is huge.
    And the perception now is that Roger Goodell is an out of control dictator.

The same fans of various teams who were lynching Ben in March, are now calling out Goodell because he's inconsistent with his punishments. He's turning Ben into a sympathetic figure.

Rooney was more than any owner cares about the reputation of his team.
    So why was Holmes kept after not one, not two, but THREE ARRESTS?

James Harrison?

Jeff Reed?

Ernie Holmes?

The Rooney Family fortune was created with the help of the GAMBLING industry.

Reputation my a$$.
    I repeat:
    he was personally angered by how it looks, when the leader of his team is thought by many to be a rapist, true or not.

Add all the names above TOGETHER and Ben has caused more bad press. Give 50 women in Iowa all those other names and ask if any of them committed a crime most will not know any.

Ask 50 women in Iowa if Ben Roethlisberger "committed" a crime despite the fact that he was never charged and 10 will say he did it for every 1 who knows anything about the wrongs of any of the players in your list.

Heck, I bet half the NFC football fans dont know jack about any of the real transgressions of everyone in your list except for Stonio.

Reputation is what PEOPLE THINK period.

The Rooney's IMO would have suspended him 2 games, max.
    And yet they didnt. Why Crash, it is their right they neednt wait for Goodell.

They were WORRIED, that it was going to be EIGHT GAMES, that doesn't sound like the Rooney's and the Commish were on the same page.
    Yeah, that "rumor" was just as reliable as the one that Ben was going to be traded.

Somehow it ended up being just what Rooney wanted. What a surprise. Rooney basically admitted he a Goodell have a shared perspective on Ben's conduct, and its gravity.

And a player can appeal an NFL issued one. Like Brandon Marshall did when he got a three game Goodell suspension reduced to one.
    And Goodell is his own judge. Come on Crash, you know full well that a team suspension is far weaker.

And the perception now is that Roger Goodell is an out of control dictator.

The same fans of various teams who were lynching Ben in March, are now calling out Goodell because he's inconsistent with his punishments. He's turning Ben into a sympathetic figure.
    I will concede this point to you. At the time, the reaction was brutal. I do not think he figured the "opinion" tide would turn as it has.