Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No penalty for Vick

Legend

Re: No penalty for Vick

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    And there likely won't be suspensions for Cedric Benson and Vince Young either.

Goodell served up his sacrifice on the alter of political correctness already. No way he wants advocacy groups railing against him.

Unfortunately for Ben he doesn't have a political advocacy group.
    The only group Ben has is his fans... Steeler fans in general seem to be 50/50.

It may have been 50/50 when it first went down but as it is becoming more transparent that Ben was thrown under the bus to appease elements of the media and the player ranks, however I think more and more folks are moving back to Ben's side of the ledger as it becomes more evident that Ben was used as a tool for the NFL to show their political correctness credentials.

That is what happens when there is clear inconsistency and bias in a discipline policy. Goodell is so random he doesn't know what he is doing. He is destroying credability for any discipline policy he is in charge of. If I was a player no way I want this guy overseeing a HGH policy.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Vick is a piece of human garbage and shouldn't be in the NFL - PERIOD!

Then this crap goes down at his party and nothing is done about it??

Goodell is turning the NFL into a joke. At first I liked the idea of him trying to clean up the league. But his inconsistency shows he cares more about his popularity than the integrity of the league.
    I totally agree about Vick. I never liked him. It's the inconsistencies that make me mad. People keeps saying "well this was ben's second accusation, where there is smoke there is fire" well, isn't this Vicks 2nd big deal. I mean, SOMEONE GOT SHOT... isn't that a big deal? sure he was charged, he wasn't the guy who pulled the trigger, and he supposedly left before the thing happened. but come on, there isn't anything but hearsay about what happened with Ben.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

This is more evidence that Ben's suspension was the Rooney's decision.

I don't think Ben's suspension would have happened without the Rooney's and the general outcry from the city of Pittsburgh. I think this is why we see other players in similar cases get nothing.

I'm fine with Ben being suspended. Hopefully, it will prevent future stupid behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    It may have been 50/50 when it first went down but as it is becoming more transparent that Ben was thrown under the bus to appease elements of the media and the player ranks, however I think more and more folks are moving back to Ben's side of the ledger as it becomes more evident that Ben was used as a tool for the NFL to show their political correctness credentials.

That is what happens when there is clear inconsistency and bias in a discipline policy. Goodell is so random he doesn't know what he is doing. He is destroying credability for any discipline policy he is in charge of. If I was a player no way I want this guy overseeing a HGH policy
    I agree 100%. I was very unhappy with Roethlisberger when the incident in Georgia occurred. Frankly, as a Steelers fan I was embarrassed by his conduct, as I think a lot of us were. But subsequent events have shown that Goodell suspended Roethlisberger to make himself look good rather than as part of any coherent or consistent effort to enforce discipline with respect to off the field conduct by NFL players. That's why I refer to Goodell as the POS, because he doesn't care about what's right or fair, he only cares about making himself look good. Big Ben is the only NFL player to ever be suspended without ever having been arrested, and 10 years from now he will still be the only NFL player to have been suspended without ever having been arrested.

I also agree with Feltdizz when he says that it will be a miserable year for people who say "if you're going to punish Ben..." It will be a miserable year for anyone who expects consistency and fairness from Goodell the POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz
    This is more evidence that Ben's suspension was the Rooney's decision.

I don't think Ben's suspension would have happened without the Rooney's and the general outcry from the city of Pittsburgh. I think this is why we see other players in similar cases get nothing.
    I really hope the Rooney's aren't that cowardly. That is really bush-league to hide behind the commish's skirt and make him take the heat for the decision. I can't imagine the Chief being that kind of chicken-sheist.

Legend

The Rooney's have bent over for Goodell so much that Ned Beatty would be jealous.

Spygate.

Forced the ownership group to disband.

Didn't fight for Ben's innocence.

All since Goodell took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    The Rooney's have bent over for Goodell so much that Ned Beatty would be jealous.

OMG- I almost had iced coffee all over my keyboard via my nose on that one!!

Didn't fight for Ben's innocence
    I wouldn't expect Goodell the POS to fight for Ben's innocence, or for the innocence of any other NFL player accused of criminal misconduct. What I do expect Goodell the POS to do is to be consistent in applying sanctions to players accused of criminal misconduct, which he has failed at miserably in the Roethlisberger situation. There have been a number of players who have actually been arrested and not suspended since he suspended Roethlisberger who was never arrested. That is called disparate treatment and it is wrong.

Legend

I was talking about the Rooney's letting Goodell convict Ben themselves.

They should have told him we will suspend the uncharged QB two games, period.

But Goodell says jump, and the cowardly Rooney's say how high.

I was talking about the Rooney's letting Goodell convict Ben themselves.

They should have told him we will suspend the uncharged QB two games, period.

But Goodell says jump, and the cowardly Rooney's say how high.
    Yeah, that's pretty bad. IMO, it's not as bad as some on here are suggesting though: that the Rooney's wanted to punish Ben for tarnishing their precious reputation so instead of dealing with him themselves they somehow got the Commish to give him a really harsh sentence so they wouldn't have to deal with it in public.

Either way, I'm not proud of the organization. That said, I'm still obviously a fan and believe that they are still one of the best org's in sports today. I screw up sometimes too and I always like to have a little grace so I should extend it to others. I'll call it the Black & Gold (en) Rule.