Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: No penalty for Vick

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,662

    No penalty for Vick

    even though he violated the terms of his release (or probation or whatever) by associating with criminals from his dog fighting class (he was prohibited from this). Also, someone was shot at a function he set up... and he was there minutes before the shooting.
    I'm kind of shocked. I don't think he should be punished by the NFL, but I think if you're gonna punish Ben then you have to punish Vick...
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,002

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Are you kidding? Goodell suspend a black player without charges and then have to deal with Jesse and Al?

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,864

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    even though he violated the terms of his release (or probation or whatever) by associating with criminals from his dog fighting class (he was prohibited from this). Also, someone was shot at a function he set up... and he was there minutes before the shooting.
    I'm kind of shocked. I don't think he should be punished by the NFL, but I think if you're gonna punish Ben then you have to punish Vick...


    He shouldn't be punished by the NFL..... but since Ben was punished he should be punished?

    I don't think Vick should be punished severely but personally...I think he should be punished.

    It's going to be a miserable year for people who keep saying "if your gonna punish Ben.."

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    felt what i mean is: if you're gonna say that ben did something that was punishable then you have to say that Vick did to. I don't think either should be punished, but really, let's be consistent.
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

    Earn Some Bitcoins


    http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

    I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

  5. #5
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,729

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    felt what i mean is: if you're gonna say that ben did something that was punishable then you have to say that Vick did to. I don't think either should be punished, but really, let's be consistent.


    doesn't the sentence highlighted in green below sound like it could have been written about Ben as well?


    Andy Reid defends "very nice person" Michael Vick

    Posted by Michael David Smith on July 26, 2010


    Eagles coach Andy Reid addressed reporters today at the start of his team's training camp, and questions about backup quarterback Michael Vick dominated the session. Reid has steadfastly defended Vick, and today was no different.

    "Michael is a very nice person," Reid said. "He really is."

    Nice person or not, Vick is a convicted felon who may have violated his probation by having a birthday party at which he associated with his dogfighting co-defendant Quanis Phillips. Phillips was shot shortly after a confrontation with Vick at the party; Vick left before the shooting and is not a suspect.

    Reid thinks Vick was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but did nothing improper beyond that.

    "He didn't break the law," Reid said. "That's the No. 1 thing you look at. I'm just going to say Michael learned from it. Just don't put yourself in bad situations."

    But when Vick does put himself in bad situations, he can consider himself lucky that he has a coach who believes in second (and third) chances.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hael-vick/

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Vick is a piece of human garbage and shouldn't be in the NFL - PERIOD!

    Then this crap goes down at his party and nothing is done about it??

    Goodell is turning the NFL into a joke. At first I liked the idea of him trying to clean up the league. But his inconsistency shows he cares more about his popularity than the integrity of the league.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,177

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    And there likely won't be suspensions for Cedric Benson and Vince Young either.

    Goodell served up his sacrifice on the alter of political correctness already. No way he wants advocacy groups railing against him.

    Unfortunately for Ben he doesn't have a political advocacy group.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,864

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    And there likely won't be suspensions for Cedric Benson and Vince Young either.

    Goodell served up his sacrifice on the alter of political correctness already. No way he wants advocacy groups railing against him.

    Unfortunately for Ben he doesn't have a political advocacy group.
    The only group Ben has is his fans... Steeler fans in general seem to be 50/50.

  9. #9

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    And there likely won't be suspensions for Cedric Benson and Vince Young either.

    Goodell served up his sacrifice on the alter of political correctness already. No way he wants advocacy groups railing against him.

    Unfortunately for Ben he doesn't have a political advocacy group.
    The only group Ben has is his fans... Steeler fans in general seem to be 50/50.
    50% who are smart enough to look into the details of the reports and 50% who are too dumb to comprehend anything beyond headlines.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: No penalty for Vick

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    And there likely won't be suspensions for Cedric Benson and Vince Young either.

    Goodell served up his sacrifice on the alter of political correctness already. No way he wants advocacy groups railing against him.

    Unfortunately for Ben he doesn't have a political advocacy group.
    The only group Ben has is his fans... Steeler fans in general seem to be 50/50.
    Then i would say those supposedly 50% Steeler fans are really dumb to follow National Enquirer a.k.a ESPN Breaking News to make up their mind. Truly sad indeed.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •