Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AFC North News: Bengals discuss Terrell Owens deal; Rams out

Legend

Re: AFC North News: Bengals discuss Terrell Owens deal; Rams out

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAMillion
    Great, another team in the division adds a talented receiver while the Steelers lose their best receiver. Even the people who try to convince themselves that T.O. is that good anymore must admit that Owens is better than ARE or Battle. Well at least Baby Rooney can scream to run the ball more (like that is going to solve everything).

Baby Rooney and Goodell must have some great conversations while standing on their supposed moral high ground.
    The scary part to me is that while both the Ravens and Bengals have upgraded their WR corps in this offseason, they can also claim to have better starting RB's. While Mendy is great, I would say that right now Rice and Benson are better. Ben is the best QB in the division- when he plays, but Lefty will probably compete with Delhomme for the cellar. Granted, an offense is more than the sum of its parts, but it still gives one pause.

Whether Rice is better than Mendy is debatable, but no way Benson is better.

Signing TO was a smart move on the part of the Bumgals. They just got better on offense and they risked almost nothing.

Not sure whether he would have fit with the Steelers but I sure would have liked to have seen if he did because IMO he is a significantly better WR than Randle El. Like him or not TO knows how to get open and how to make tough catches.

The defense had better figure out what went wrong last year and had better fix it because both the Bumgals and Ravens did get better at least on paper.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I see a clash of egos taking place between Ocho and TO sooner rather than later. TO has already tweeted @ Ocho something to the effect of, "Don't worry Robin, Batman will soon be in town".

Great, another team in the division adds a talented receiver while the Steelers lose their best receiver. Even the people who try to convince themselves that T.O. is that good anymore must admit that Owens is better than ARE or Battle. Well at least Baby Rooney can scream to run the ball more (like that is going to solve everything).

Baby Rooney and Goodell must have some great conversations while standing on their supposed moral high ground.
    It will certainly be interesting to gauge the impact of “T.O.” and his histrionic nonsense on an already dysfunctional group of players. I think this gent sums up the situation nicely: “As much fun as the New York Jets circus should provide this preseason, the Bengals have become the NFL equivalent of Jim Rose and his traveling pack of carnival freaks.
    Terrell Owens. Chad Ochocinco. Pacman Jones. Matt Jones. Cedric Benson. Rey Maualuga — all under the same big top. The only sideshows missing are flaming-sword swallowers and carnies hanging weights from their genitalia. Not even Vince McMahon could assemble such a collection of cartoon characters for our amusement — and his World Wrestling Entertainment product is scripted. The 2010 Bengals are an HBO marketing dream: a combination of football and “Oz.” The “spin the wheel, take your chances” mantra long followed by Bengals owner/general manager Mike Brown was given a whirl once again with Tuesday’s addition of Owens. Concerns at the wide receiver position prompted Brown to take the plunge that 31 other teams were unwilling to make. Ochocinco has compared his pairing with Owens to Batman and Robin on his Twitter account. “Dumb and Dumber” is a better fit.”

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/terr ... als-072710

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

The scary part to me is that while both the Ravens and Bengals have upgraded their WR corps in this offseason, they can also claim to have better starting RB's. While Mendy is great, I would say that right now Rice and Benson are better. Ben is the best QB in the division- when he plays, but Lefty will probably compete with Delhomme for the cellar. Granted, an offense is more than the sum of its parts, but it still gives one pause.

Signing TO was a smart move on the part of the Bumgals. They just got better on offense and they risked almost nothing.

Not sure whether he would have fit with the Steelers but I sure would have liked to have seen if he did because IMO he is a significantly better WR than Randle El. Like him or not TO knows how to get open and how to make tough catches.

The defense had better figure out what went wrong last year and had better fix it because both the Bumgals and Ravens did get better at least on paper.
    Benson was better in school and I don't see any reason to suggest that he isn't better now. I don't know that it's that big a deal. My point was more that it's OK if the other teams have better WR's if you have a better running game. We don't have that.

TO is a future HOF player on the downside but is still a very dangerous weapon who comes in shape to play with a ton of experience. He is a #1 WR who has fallen to a #2 because of age, El is a #4 WR who has moved up to a #3 because of a lack of depth.

I def agree about our D. They better be ready to play because being better than #3 is gonna be a hard road in the North this year.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I think both Hines Ward and Mike Wallace will have better years in Pittsburgh than Owens will have in Cincinnati.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Benson was better in school and I don't see any reason to suggest that he isn't better now. I don't know that it's that big a deal. My point was more that it's OK if the other teams have better WR's if you have a better running game. We don't have that.

TO is a future HOF player on the downside but is still a very dangerous weapon who comes in shape to play with a ton of experience. He is a #1 WR who has fallen to a #2 because of age, El is a #4 WR who has moved up to a #3 because of a lack of depth.

I def agree about our D. They better be ready to play because being better than #3 is gonna be a hard road in the North this year.
    I agree with you; don't let your black and gold colored glasses affect your ability to have objectivity. Anyone can make the legit argument that Mendenhall is the 3rd best back in the division... in fact, that's what I'd say right now.

As to TO, this is overblown the the nth degree, simply because he is a "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME" type like his IDIOT buddy Ochocinco, who I'll get to later. Torry Holt, who is as accomplished as TO, signed with the Patriots* and Moss, but it's not a front cover story on ESPN.

TO, at this point in his career, is a poorman's Braylon Edwards. And Braylon didn't stirke fear in me. He no longer has that elite athleticism, to go along with his frying pan hands and ME ME ME attitude.

Lastly, the most irritating part of this whole thing, is having to listen to this f-n idiot Ochocinco. (FTR, I've never been a fan of his whole shpeel--people, even Steeler fans, like his act as "light-hearted" etc. It's always been highly annoying and self-serving to me.) Anyway... you listen to him talk about how people are gonna be able to handle HIM, TO, and all the rest , saying he can't fathom how people are gonna deal with them.

I'M SORRY, BUT AREN'T YOU STILL STUCK ON REVIS ISLAND? DIDN'T HAVE HAVE 120 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL IN BACK-TO-BACK WEEKS WITH EVERYTHING ON THE LINE, AND GET BUTT-F'd BY REVIS ON NATIONAL TV?

AND DOESN'T IKE ROUTINELY SHUT YOUR A$S DOWN TOO?

Forgive me, but I thought people said put up or shut up. This guy doesn't put up, and doesn't shut up.
    Guys and gals,
    If you play fantasy football, go to the FF forum here and read my thread. I'd appreciate some feedback on it.