Well, I'm finally getting around to putting this up here. After a nearly two year wait, my family and I had the chance to visit the 'Burgh again on the weekend of July 10th. Along with the built-in reasons to go back and visit, we went to visit a friend of mine I used to work with whose four year old son was having his birthday party that Saturday. It also happened to be the yearly picnic for St. Boniface Church that Sunday in North Park, so we had plenty to do while there!

After my band played a show for a charity walk/run in the morning, we headed east on 70 to start the big weekend. Around 2:15, we finally get into the city limits. Good thing I knew that 279 heading into the city was now called 376 East or I really would have been confused! Anyway, as we headed toward the Fort Pitt Tunnel, we told the kids about going through the tunnel and seeing the city. Our 4 1/2 year old doesn't really remember the last time we went there, so we were looking forward to her reaction going through it.

Unfortunately, as our first stop was the Children's Museum, the ramp to the North Shore from the tunnel was CLOSED. Detour - West End Bridge. So, no tunnel on the way in. How nice. After finally crossing the bridge and actually getting into downtown, we had our first glimpse of you know what...

This was the first time my kids actually understood that this is where the Steelers played, so that was pretty cool. As we ended up going on a detour to get to the Children's Museum, my wife snapped a few pictures of the city along the way.

We finally get into the museum around 3, and the kids had a blast. There was a Curious George exhibit there along with the regular exhibits, so of course they loved that. This was taken from the outside of the museum. Just a sight you don't see where I'm living now.

Then it was off to our friend's house in Pine Township for some good food, good drinks, and fun for the kids. After they were worn out, we headed to our hotel to turn in for the night.

With some much needed rest, our trip resumed the next morning. We stayed in Robinson Township, right near one of my former employers.

And yes, we DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express that night!

I tell ya, this really was a WEIRD sight to see coming in from the airport area into town. I'm still not used to it.

Some things, though, never change.

We didn't get the before picture, but the after picture of coming out of the tunnel never gets old.

I've been on this one a few times.

Since we hadn't seen the new Consol Arena yet, we drove by it on the way to St. Boniface. First, however, was the old Igloo.

At this rate, it might've been the last time I'll ever see it. And now the new arena. I didn't know it was THAT big. Wow!

Again, some scenery you don't see in too many other cities.

After attending the Solemn High Mass, we headed to North Park for the picnic. Unfortunately, we didn't stay too long as our son got sick while we were there, but we did get a chance to talk to a few families there and had a nice time. After some driving around some of the neighborhoods, our son felt better so we headed out to the Incline for the first ride up for the kids.

What a great skyline.

Another shot of Heinz Field.

And the skyline again. This is from the Incline parking lot.

Now from the top of the Incline. I guess the fountain is closed for repairs until 2010 from what I read. Too bad.

A shot of the Carnegie Science Center. The submarine is still there.

Last shot of Heinz Field. Ahh, what a sight.

And where we spent my brother's 21st birthday. The name's changed a bit but it's still the same place.

All in all, it was a very nice visit back. Will we move back some day? Perhaps, but that's all up in the air. But, if you're in town and you or someone you know is looking for a project manager or business analyst with a good technicial and communications background, then I may consider an offer!