Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

the Steelers invited Goodell to camp as long as he would teach Ben a lesson and suspend him for at least 4 games...

Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

The NFL has announced that commissioner Roger Goodell will visit the training camps of seven teams in the coming weeks, including that of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Goodell is scheduled to be at the Steelers training camp at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe Thurs., Aug 5.

Any guesses on what the main topic of conversation will be if - and I'm assuming he will - Goodell fields questions from the media?

[url="http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/"]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

Goodell truly is a piece of garbage. He has to know that when he goes to Latrobe that it will be a zoo. He has no business going there. His ego is out of control. The only good that would come out of it would be if he admitted he overreacted and will reduce Ben's suspension to the same two games that convicted felon Mike Vick got.

I hope Ben ignores him and just goes about his work that day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Goodell truly is a piece of garbage. He has to know that when he goes to Latrobe that it will be a zoo. He has no business going there. His ego is out of control. The only good that would come out of it would be if he admitted he overreacted and will reduce Ben's suspension to the same two games that convicted felon Mike Vick got.

Unfortunately he can't. He's in a position where he's forced to be nice and play along. I'm sure we'll see a pic or two of Ben and Rog shaking hands.

What I hope is that the fans lay into him while he's there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still waiting for "The Judge's" action on Vince Young and Cedric Benson. Two cases of clear Assault and Battery and nothing. Just getting accused gets Ben suspended.

Let's see now what is the difference here? Oh yea, the media isn't caling for a scrifice on the media alter for Benson and Young like it did for Ben. Can't figure why not???
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Still waiting for "The Judge's" action on Vince Young and Cedric Benson. Two cases of clear Assault and Battery and nothing. Just getting accused gets Ben suspended.

Let's see now what is the difference here? Oh yea, the media isn't caling for a scrifice on the media alter for Benson and Young like it did for Ben. Can't figure why not???
    The lack of media attention is exactly why they haven't been taken to the woodshed.

When you are an elite 2 SB winning QB you are held to a higher standard.

For years fans wanted Ben to be considered elite and top tier... now that he gets in trouble they want him to be treated like a nobody.

Even if Young and Benson got 2 to 4 games... it wouldn't change Ben's situation.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

The lack of media attention is exactly why they haven't been taken to the woodshed.

For years fans wanted Ben to be considered elite and top tier... now that he gets in trouble they want him to be treated like a nobody.

Even if Young and Benson got 2 to 4 games... it wouldn't change Ben's situation.
    It would show that there is an actual standard and not an arbitrary whim depending on which way the winds of media interest happen to be blowing.

That is the trouble with Goodell. Hhe makes things up as he goes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz

It would show that there is an actual standard and not an arbitrary whim depending on which way the winds of media interest happen to be blowing.
    $$$$$

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

Unfortunately he can't. He's in a position where he's forced to be nice and play along. I'm sure we'll see a pic or two of Ben and Rog shaking hands.

Ummmm love him or hate him he does hold out franchise QB's career in his hand and if Ben was smart he would show him respect.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siss

Ummmm love him or hate him he does hold out franchise QB's career in his hand and if Ben was smart he would show him respect.
    I don't think anyone's disputing that Goodell has Ben's fate in his hands.

To me this is like being nice to your mother-in-law. You don't want to be nice to her because she's not nice to you, but she can take you out of the will if you aren't nice to her. You do it because you have to, not because you want to.

Nice point Ovi. There is no consistency to Goodell's policy whatsoever.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by siss

I don't think anyone's disputing that Goodell has Ben's fate in his hands.

To me this is like being nice to your mother-in-law. You don't want to be nice to her because she's not nice to you, but she can take you out of the will if you aren't nice to her. You do it because you have to, not because you want to.

Nice point Ovi. There is no consistency to Goodell's policy whatsoever.

*tries not to go into a rant about what a witch my mother in law is*

Good point!

Do not mention my mother in law or I will go into a rant that will last from now until the end of Bens suspension!