Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

Re: Roger Goodell to visit Steelers camp

Goodell can kiss my boot.

What Rooney loves about this turd is beyond me. I have more respect for Pelosi than him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Goodell can kiss my boot.

What Rooney loves about this turd is beyond me. I have more respect for Pelosi than him.
    At least Pelosi is consistently stupid and will always make a bad decision for the country. You at least know what you got.

Goodell is a total wildcard who has been consistent on any issue since the day he took over.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Still waiting for "The Judge's" action on Vince Young and Cedric Benson. Two cases of clear Assault and Battery and nothing. Just getting accused gets Ben suspended.

Let's see now what is the difference here? Oh yea, the media isn't caling for a scrifice on the media alter for Benson and Young like it did for Ben. Can't figure why not???
    The lack of media attention is exactly why they haven't been taken to the woodshed.

When you are an elite 2 SB winning QB you are held to a higher standard.

For years fans wanted Ben to be considered elite and top tier... now that he gets in trouble they want him to be treated like a nobody.
    So lesser players are allowed to commit actualk crimes with no punishment?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Still waiting for "The Judge's" action on Vince Young and Cedric Benson. Two cases of clear Assault and Battery and nothing. Just getting accused gets Ben suspended.

Let's see now what is the difference here? Oh yea, the media isn't caling for a scrifice on the media alter for Benson and Young like it did for Ben. Can't figure why not???
    The lack of media attention is exactly why they haven't been taken to the woodshed.

For years fans wanted Ben to be considered elite and top tier... now that he gets in trouble they want him to be treated like a nobody.
    I think an elite player who cast a huge shadow in the media will get a larger punishment than the average player who doesn't receive any real media attention.

I'm not saying it's fair... just sayin' I think it's the way Goodell handled this with Ben.

Legend

Goodell caved in to black media and players who wanted Ben's head on a stick mere DAYS after this incident came out.

"Treat Ben like Pac Man" "Treat Ben like Vick"

That was the battle cry.

Unfortunately for Ben, he was treated even WORSE.

Legend

I think an elite player who cast a huge shadow in the media will get a larger punishment than the average player who doesn't receive any real media attention.

I'm not saying it's fair... just sayin' I think it's the way Goodell handled this with Ben.
    Once again it is called a STANDARD. Even in the military for non-judicial punishment there were a standard of guidelines for what I could dispense for what. I didn't get to make it up as I went.

That is the problem with Goodell. He was so anxious to prove that he wasn't unfairly treating black players because of the criticism and scrutiny he was getting, he went overboard with ben to pacify those in the media who openly were commenting on "watching" how he was going to deal with a high visibility white QB. Unfortunately, the Rooney's were willing co-conspirators because of their obsession for doing things for "the good of the league."

Can't see how this long term is good for the league except if you consider politically correct good for the league. You still have ambiguous, arbitrary decisions on punishment made or ignored.

As stated. Benson and Young are receive citations for assaulyt and it is captured on video and nothing. Ben is accused with no real evidence and six games.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

Goodell caved in to black media and players who wanted Ben's head on a stick mere DAYS after this incident came out.

"Treat Ben like Pac Man" "Treat Ben like Vick"

That was the battle cry.

Unfortunately for Ben, he was treated even WORSE.
    it was all of the media... black, white, asian, latino.

You can keep blaming the black media if it makes you feel better.

Ben will have to eat dirt until his career is over. Then he can write that tell-all book.

Legend

Once again it is called a STANDARD. Even in the military for non-judicial punishment there were a standard of guidelines for what I could dispense for what. I didn't get to make it up as I went.

That is the problem with Goodell. He was so anxious to prove that he wasn't unfairly treating black players because of the criticism and scrutiny he was getting, he went overboard with ben to pacify those in the media who openly were commenting on "watching" how he was going to deal with a high visibility white QB. Unfortunately, the Rooney's were willing co-conspirators because of their obsession for doing things for "the good of the league."

Can't see how this long term is good for the league except if you consider politically correct good for the league. You still have ambiguous, arbitrary decisions on punishment made or ignored.

As stated. Benson and Young are receive citations for assaulyt and it is captured on video and nothing. Ben is accused with no real evidence and six games.
    It's the NFL not the Army.

The players don't come into the league as equals. You won't see a non drafted guy getting the same money, attention or media exposure as the first rounder.

Goodell can and will punish as he sees fit and the team, player and union can fight it if they feel it is unfair.

Legend

It's the NFL not the Army.

The players don't come into the league as equals. You won't see a non drafted guy getting the same money, attention or media exposure as the first rounder.

Goodell can and will punish as he sees fit and the team, player and union can fight it if they feel it is unfair.
    Given your definition they don't come into the military as equals either: officers vs warrant officers vs non commisioned officers vs enlisted.

Any effective orgainization has establihed organizational norms that are unambiguous and well known. That allows the organization to operate effectively.