3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Planet Steelers Fantasy League?

I would like to be play this year with you guys.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd like to agree with the good Dr on two points:

- 50 return yards = 1 point (heck I'd even say 25 return yards). With the depth we are going to need, this helps. During byes, you might get stuck without a rb, but if you can find a guy that returns kicks, he'd be a nice plug. I'd even say a return td should be 6 points for the returning player as well.

- Auction - very unlikely that 16 people will be able to participate at the same time to conduct it. I love auctions and haven't done one in a while, but like DrC said, a handful of teams will be left with shiite thus skewing the league.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was worried the auction wouldn't work too. I just signed up for it because it can be easily changed. We will most likely go with a live draft and players who can not attend will be expected to set their draft boards through Yahoo beforehand. DO NOT trust Yahoo to draft for you from their rankings. You will end up with players like Larry Izzo as your starting LB.

Return yards are already put in. I set it at 40 yds = 1 pt, with a TD at 6 pts

Other key point values:

Passing 30 yds = 1 pt, TD = 4 pts
    Rushing 12yds = 1 pt, TD = 6 pts
    Receiving 10 yds = 1 pt, Td = 6 pts

no bonuses for reaching certain landmark yardage totals per game

I put rushing at 12 to balance out RBs and WRs a little better for the depth issue. In my mind at least a 120 yd rushing game is as common as a 100 yd receiving game.

The IDP point values may need some tweaking still. I have had years where things were set too high and IDP players were getting upwards 40 pts on a great but not earth shattering game. While that isn't unheard of for star offensive players, IDPs are more so a tweak to roster not to completely shift the balance of point power from offense to defense.

Signed up:

D Rock
    Ruthless
    Calculus
    Constanza
    Unknown player going by AllUBsTakeMyShots...SteelAbility?

Password sent:

Shawn
    Chad
    SteelCrazy
    Asian
    Shiek

6 spots remain!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Aussies are in to steal your FF comp & your women...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd like to get in if you still have spots remaining.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock
    I was worried the auction wouldn't work too. I just signed up for it because it can be easily changed. We will most likely go with a live draft and players who can not attend will be expected to set their draft boards through Yahoo beforehand. DO NOT trust Yahoo to draft for you from their rankings. You will end up with players like Larry Izzo as your starting LB.

Other key point values:

I put rushing at 12 to balance out RBs and WRs a little better for the depth issue. In my mind at least a 120 yd rushing game is as common as a 100 yd receiving game.

The IDP point values may need some tweaking still. I have had years where things were set too high and IDP players were getting upwards 40 pts on a great but not earth shattering game. While that isn't unheard of for star offensive players, IDPs are more so a tweak to roster not to completely shift the balance of point power from offense to defense.

Signed up:

D Rock
    Ruthless
    Calculus
    Constanza

Password sent:

Shawn
    Chad
    SteelCrazy
    Asian
    Shiek

6 spots remain!
    Yup. That's me. :P I can change that name if anyone is offended by it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility
    Quote Originally Posted by D Rock

Other key point values:

Signed up:

D Rock
    Ruthless
    Calculus
    Constanza

Password sent:

Shawn
    Chad
    SteelCrazy
    Asian
    Shiek

6 spots remain!
    Yup. That's me. :P I can change that name if anyone is offended by it.
    Just don't be offended if I accuse you of sexual assault if your team happens to beat mine this season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

come on folks we need a few more players still

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Okay ladies... get a move on it. There are some more roster spots to fill.