Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy League?

Planet Steelers Fantasy League?

Are we doing the league again this year? Is Jooser around to run it? If not, does someone else want to take over as commissioner?

Re: Planet Steelers Fantasy League?

If you want to do it on Yahoo I could run it. I've done it there a few years before and know enough to make it legit.

I would just need consensus on what we want the positions/points to be.

I'm good with Yahoo or CBS sports
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I'm in....I've been in one of the PlanetSteelers leagues each of the past 2 seasons. It's fun. I believe we used Yahoo last year, but whatever everyone likes works for me (the league I'm in at work uses FOXsports if I recall correctly). I think 2 years ago we had 3 leagues going on simultaneously.

I like a 16 man roster with one starting QB, 2 RB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST and a 7 man bench (so you could carry 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST or something to that effect).

I like 6 points for all TD's, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, and 1 point for every 20 (or 25) yards passing. No points for return yardage (only return TD's). You lose a point or two if one of your offensive guys fumbles away the ball or throws a pick, and gain a point or two if your D/ST recovers a fumble, intercepts the ball, sacks the QB, etc. Give your D/ST some extra points for holding a team to single digits, and penalize them by taking away some points if they allow 30 or more, for instance. You can tack on bonus points for longer FG's...Pretty standard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I'm in....I've been in one of the PlanetSteelers leagues each of the past 2 seasons. It's fun. I believe we used Yahoo last year, but whatever everyone likes works for me (the league I'm in at work uses FOXsports if I recall correctly). I think 2 years ago we had 3 leagues going on simultaneously.

I like a 16 man roster with one starting QB, 2 RB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR flex, 1 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST and a 7 man bench (so you could carry 2 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, and 1 D/ST or something to that effect).

I like 6 points for all TD's, 1 point for every 10 yards rushing or receiving, and 1 point for every 20 (or 25) yards passing. No points for return yardage (only return TD's). You lose a point or two if one of your offensive guys fumbles away the ball or throws a pick, and gain a point or two if your D/ST recovers a fumble, intercepts the ball, sacks the QB, etc. Give your D/ST some extra points for holding a team to single digits, and penalize them by taking away some points if they allow 30 or more, for instance. You can tack on bonus points for longer FG's...Pretty standard stuff.
    Well aren't you just full of rules and regulations!!
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Well aren't you just full of rules and regulations!!

D Rock said that we need consensus on what we want the positions/points to be, so I figured I'd start us off with some suggestions for everyone to discuss and/or tweek.

I am personally a fan of using individual defensive players. It adds a whole lot more intrigue and roster management to the game.

I'll go ahead and make a league and then post some details here. I can update the positions/points at any time if we elect to go that route.

I'm in. I won one of the leagues 2 years ago. I honestly don't remember what happened last year, which means I must not have done too well.

I'm flexible with rules/points. Never done a IDP league before, always wanted to try one, so that don't matter to me either.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

alright I set up a league on Yahoo

Planet Steelers
    ID# 123090

Let me know if you want to join and I'll send you the password. 16 teams. All other details can be found after you join by going to the league home page and clicking the 'scoring and settings' tab.

11 slots currently available assuming all parties sent the password join.

IN: D Rock

Awaiting confirmation: Ruthless, Calculus, Costanza, IronShiek

Pro Bowler

I'm in. I'd like to see some simulated defense, though, where your D's performance scales the other guys point totals. If your D plays poorly, then your opponents point total gets pumped up. If your D plays well then your opponents point total gets deflated.

It's a bit complicatd but here's the idea of simulated D:

1. Your opponents' offensive point total gets multiplied by a scaling factor, which is based on your D's performance. Determining this scaling factor is the complicated part.

2. To calculate your D's scaling number, you use the number of points your D gave up to their opponent and divide by that opponent's average points per game (over, say, the last 5 regular season games). At the beginning of the season you use the last 5 games from the previous season for each O's "baseline average."

So, let's say, it's Week 7. Your D is Denver. Denver plays Indianapolis and allows 21 points. In weeks 2 through 6, Indianapolis scored 37, 24, 28, 17, and 27 points, respectively. Their average for those five weeks is (37+24+28+17+27)/5 = 133/5 = 26.6.

Your scaling factor is 21/26.6 = 0.789. Your opponents fantasy offense scored 105 points (using, say, Ruthless' rules). Your opponents' FINAL score is 105 x 0.789 = 82.845. Your D helped you out here!!! Just like in REAL football. The Indy offense has a new average: (24+28+17+27+21)/5 = 117/5 = 23.4. This average applies to the next team's D that they play in Week 8.

Your opponent has the Chicago D who played Philadelphia. Philadelphia scored 21, 17, 24, 10, and 13 in weeks 2 through 6. Philly's average is (21+17+24+10+13)/5 = 85/5 = 17. Chicago gave up 27 points in the game. Your opponents' scaling factor is 27/17 = 1.588. Your fantasy O scored 65 points. Your final score is 65 x 1.588 = 103.2. Philadelphia's new average is: (17+24+10+13+27)/5 = 91/5 = 18.2. This average applies to the next team's D that they play in Week 8.

So, because your D rocked and your opponnents' sucked, you win the matchup, just like REAL football.

I'd LOVE to do the simulated D, but will go for any agreed-upon format. Simulated D suddenly moves D way up the draft order.