Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Know You

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Getting to Know You

Sucks about the pups, Joos...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, the wife and I have taken it pretty hard RB. Bulldoggers can be tricky with the whole pregnancy thingy. They were water pups, a phenomenon that effects bullies and some other similar breeds sometimes. Basically, they gain a bunch of water weight sub-cutaneously towards the end of the pregnancy. As their bodies try to shed the water, it starts to get into their vital organs, like their lungs and brains and they drown. We fought like hell and kept some of them alive for a while, but it's an uphill battle. This is our first litter effected by this and we're still a little rattled. All of our breeder friends assure us it's nothing we did wrong, just bad luck this time (but we still feel so darn guilty). I'll be trying to breed my other female in the the fall, hopefully with better results.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Joos,

I haven't tied poppers, and I'm just getting into using foam for hoppers and wing casing on spinners and duns.

If you need any help let me know. I just tied about one dozen or so for a buddy who owns an outdoors shop here in town. He wants me to stock my flies in his store, so that is cool.

Where do you live?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey DJ, good for you. That's awesome, stock the heck outa those suckers. I'm in WV, so we don't have the luxury of wide open streams. We're up in the mountains and a good side cast is definitely an asset here. I use store bought poppers for bass and pan fish on the lakes. They're absolutely deadly in the morning and especially at sunset. It's hard to beat a pan fish fry!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser
    Yeah, the wife and I have taken it pretty hard RB. Bulldoggers can be tricky with the whole pregnancy thingy. They were water pups, a phenomenon that effects bullies and some other similar breeds sometimes. Basically, they gain a bunch of water weight sub-cutaneously towards the end of the pregnancy. As their bodies try to shed the water, it starts to get into their vital organs, like their lungs and brains and they drown. We fought like hell and kept some of them alive for a while, but it's an uphill battle. This is our first litter effected by this and we're still a little rattled. All of our breeder friends assure us it's nothing we did wrong, just bad luck this time (but we still feel so darn guilty). I'll be trying to breed my other female in the the fall, hopefully with better results.
    That sux...

What type of bulldogs?

I'm a sucker for the french ones and not just cause some people call them clowns. I think it's cause their ears sticking straight up cracks me up. It's cute.

Legend

User Info Menu

They are English Bullies Flip.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Jooser,

That sucks about your pups. I am crazy about my dogs. The relentless compassion they give you without judgement is something special.

Djfan,

That Bass is impressive. I am here in Connecticut and anything over 8lbs is considered ellite. What is the record in your state? Thats great you practice CPR (catch, photo, release)

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey JJ, I know what you mean. My bullies are a whole other job unto themselves. They require a lot of attention in so many different ways. So far my remaining pup is looking good, hasn't opened his eyes yet so it's hard to judge if he'll be show material or not at this point though.

You guys can check them out at my website: [url="http://www.hezzbullies.net"]http://www.hezzbullies.net[/url]
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Just checked that out. Nice site. Beautiful dogs. I did not know that you competed professionally. I always thought those shows were based on who you knew to place.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's worth the click just to see the Joose-man in a suit and tie, all fancy-like!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.