Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Know You

Legend

Re: Getting to Know You

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    It's worth the click just to see the Joose-man in a suit and tie, all fancy-like!
    The puppy bullies are way better imho

I love the faces on these dogs. They look slow and lazy which fits my personality perfectly. But my wife doesn't want to take care of any large dogs because they're heavy and we're allergic to most dogs.

We've found the toy breeds to be hypoallergenic and easy to care for.

I wish there was a 8 lb toy bullie. That'd probably be my next dog if they came in that size.

Slow and lazy, I love that misconception! My male Max now weighs in at around 80 pounds. He can jump to my face standing still. If he clamps on to something, NOTHING will make let go unless he wants to. He is absolute raw power and has a will of iron (kinda like Hines and the Bussie put together ). Bullies are actually very active, but they suffer in the heat due to their short noses and pallets. Max is capable of knocking me off my feet if wants something I have in my hands, like say a ball. He can pop a basketball in about .2 seconds, so we buy him those large "jolly balls" that they make for horses. They're almost as big as a basketball, but are made out of some very tough plastic, which he eventually chews through anyways, lol. He's well trained though, and doesn't knock folks down at will, I actually only let him "let loose" with me when I give him permission. He could easily take out a knee, imagine an 80 lbs. cannon ball charging at you at about 20 miles an hour . My girls are probably more "gamey" than he is, but they're much smaller.

oh, and RB, savor the suit and tie, it's very rare and only happens at shows. :P

jj, you're right, it's hard to beat some folks who've been established showing for a while. My win with Holly last week was sooo sweet as we beat a guy who's a breeder/judge and has all the connections. Hezzbullies is on the rise though. WOOT

Legend

Yeah, I know they have spunk. They just look laid back.

I've actually never met a lazy dog, except when they get older of course. :lol

Flippy relax, I'm not gonna sick him on ya!

But he does like McD's fries.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser

To a hungry bulldog, flippy looks like this:

And of course, all Cleveland fans look like this:

Don't beat the Bully!!!!

Slow and lazy, I love that misconception! My male Max now weighs in at around 80 pounds. He can jump to my face standing still. If he clamps on to something, NOTHING will make let go unless he wants to. He is absolute raw power and has a will of iron (kinda like Hines and the Bussie put together ). Bullies are actually very active, but they suffer in the heat due to their short noses and pallets. Max is capable of knocking me off my feet if wants something I have in my hands, like say a ball. He can pop a basketball in about .2 seconds, so we buy him those large "jolly balls" that they make for horses. They're almost as big as a basketball, but are made out of some very tough plastic, which he eventually chews through anyways, lol. He's well trained though, and doesn't knock folks down at will, I actually only let him "let loose" with me when I give him permission. He could easily take out a knee, imagine an 80 lbs. cannon ball charging at you at about 20 miles an hour . My girls are probably more "gamey" than he is, but they're much smaller.

oh, and RB, savor the suit and tie, it's very rare and only happens at shows. :P

jj, you're right, it's hard to beat some folks who've been established showing for a while. My win with Holly last week was sooo sweet as we beat a guy who's a breeder/judge and has all the connections. Hezzbullies is on the rise though. WOOT
    I don't know Joos. Not to offend but I have owned an English bulldog. Lazy is right on the money. Slow is not...they are much quicker than they look. Not the brightest dog I have ever owned and was hard to house break. I will say this however...they will defend you to the death. Baron (my EBD) got into a tussle with a raccoon out in our garage. As any country boy knows...raccoons are mean. Baron manhandled that raccoon. Bulldogs can scrap and are territorial. I won't buy another but I understand why people like em.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Shawn - U got some pretty unique hobbies. What's something u haven't done but would like to try?

I don't know if this is a hobby but I would love to be fluent in several languages. I took some french in HS and college but promptly forgot it. So, I have the Rosetta Stone LA-Spanish 1-5 coming in the mail.
    I know enough Spanish to get by. I'd like to live somewhere like Costa Rica some day (it's dirt cheap) and I'd probably try Rosetta Stone before I moved there. I've heard those a really easy to learn from. And it'll make you fairly fluent quickly. but that was a 14 year old, so maybe kids can learn quicker??

Started the first two lessons. The way the program is set up is just genius. There are no translations...just spanish, pronunciation and pictures much like you were dropped into Mexico. Dynamic Immersion. I like it...learning alot quick. I highly recommend it.

Legend

No worries, clowns taste funny anyway :wink

Oh Shawn, you had a slush puppy. I'm sorry. I don't raise those. LOL

Max would chew a raccoon up and spit it out. Ask the German Shephard that started a rumble with him at a show last year when he was still a pup. It was too bad for it. Imagine an bear trap on a long doggie snout, that's about it. If I hadn't been there, that 120 lbs shep woulda suffucated. Bullies aren't supposed to be slow and stupid, they were actually bred to be a very active dog.