Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers?? My friend the Steelers aren't the Jets. They are one of the best run sports franchise in the entire world. The Steelers would have done what they always do with their talented young players they want to keep....they would have had him locked up a long time ago.

Show me one great young player that the Steelers wanted to keep that they lost to free agency
    Chad Brown?
    The Steelers had a viable replacement in the wings. That falls under the "didnt want him line".
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=Northern_Blitz]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":134j8215
    The Steelers would have done what they always do with their talented young players they want to keep....they would have had him locked up a long time ago.
    He is locked up. He's talking about voiding the last 3 years of his contract.

Hopefully, your statement is true regarding Woodley.[/quote:134j8215]

But the Steelers would have paid him and locked him up at a salary that would have been good for both. See Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Ike Taylor, Casey Hampton, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Smith, etc., etc,

Having a contract that can have 3 years voided isn't a contract that is best for both. Think about it.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":yvf5jsei
    Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers?? My friend the Steelers aren't the Jets. They are one of the best run sports franchise in the entire world. The Steelers would have done what they always do with their talented young players they want to keep....they would have had him locked up a long time ago.

Show me one great young player that the Steelers wanted to keep that they lost to free agency
    Chad Brown?
    The Steelers had a viable replacement in the wings. That falls under the "didnt want him line".[/quote:yvf5jsei]

In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3l0sgdw0

Chad Brown?
    The Steelers had a viable replacement in the wings. That falls under the "didnt want him line".
    In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."[/quote:3l0sgdw0]

Correct. And they had a chance to re-do his deal the year before that monster season but they chose the wait-and-see approach and it burned them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":3m52bm93

Chad Brown?
    In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."[/quote:3m52bm93]

I dont agree. Kirkland, Holmes, Lloyd, and Gildon were there. It was in the best interests of the Steelers to let him go. That is another way of saying we do not want him anymore. We want to go with these 4 other above average LB's.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=cruzer8]
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":pspofjwq

Chad Brown?
    In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."
    Correct. And they had a chance to re-do his deal the year before that monster season but they chose the wait-and-see approach and it burned them.[/quotespofjwq]

The wait and see approach wasnt on Brown but on Holmes. And Holmes stepped in and had a solid 1997.

Legend

User Info Menu

What Revis is doing is good for the players imho.

Either give everyone a 1 year contract or make the contracts guaranteed.

We could have had either Lamar Woodley or Willie Colon hold out who are both due to make some money and are both significantly underpaid.

If Revis gets $100M, I can only imagine what kind of contracts Ben or Brady will end up with. Especially if either of those 2 win another SuperBowl or 2.

Starter

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub][quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":29g9nr13
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":29g9nr13

Chad Brown?
    In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."[/quote:29g9nr13]

I dont agree. Kirkland, Holmes, Lloyd, and Gildon were there. It was in the best interests of the Steelers to let him go. That is another way of saying we do not want him anymore. We want to go with these 4 other above average LB's.[/quote:29g9nr13]

Not true. They waited a year too long to do his deal and ended up losing him. They wanted him.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=RuthlessBurgher]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":c9rh1g6r

Chad Brown?
    In Brown's last season in Pittburgh, he had 13 sacks. There is no way we "didn't want him."[/quote:c9rh1g6r]

We just couldn't pay the price money bags in Seattle could.

Plus Pittsburgh lacks sushi for the distinguished palate.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess some of you forgot how one dimensional Chad Brown was?? How he was inept in run support. He didnt play outside LB he played inside. Earl Holmes was a better fit for what they wanted to play on defense. Of course they wanted to keep one of their own but not at the cost it was going to take. They werent playing in Heinz Field at the time. The revenue wasnt the same and it was best to let go and allow for others to step in.