Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

  1. #21
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    15,542

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

    Plus Pittsburgh lacks sushi for the distinguished palate.

    this is the real reason why Chad Brown left, it had absolutely nothing to do with money. Chad Brown's wife simply didn't think Pittsburgh had good enough sushi bars...


  2. #22
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,703

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I guess some of you forgot how one dimensional Chad Brown was?? How he was inept in run support. He didnt play outside LB he played inside. Earl Holmes was a better fit for what they wanted to play on defense. Of course they wanted to keep one of their own but not at the cost it was going to take. They werent playing in Heinz Field at the time. The revenue wasnt the same and it was best to let go and allow for others to step in.
    He was able to play both inside as well as outside. In the Super Bowl XXX season, he played inside with Kirkland between Lloyd and Greene. The next year, he moved outside when Lloyd was hurt and had 13 sacks as an OLB. After that, Seattle signed him away.

    Earl Holmes was solid, but he wasn't Chad Brown. He was a 4th round rookie in Brown's last season in Pittsburgh, not some stud-in-waiting.

    Talent-wise, Chad Brown was like Lawrence Timmons, and Earl Holmes was like Larry Foote. Holmes and Foote were steady, but Brown and Timmons were dynamic.

  3. #23
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,703

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

    Plus Pittsburgh lacks sushi for the distinguished palate.

    this is the real reason why Chad Brown left, it had absolutely nothing to do with money. Chad Brown's wife simply didn't think Pittsburgh had good enough sushi bars...

    If there weren't any good places for Sushi in Pittsburgh, they could have just fileted up a couple of Chad's pets for an exotic meal.


  4. #24

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I guess some of you forgot how one dimensional Chad Brown was?? How he was inept in run support. He didnt play outside LB he played inside. Earl Holmes was a better fit for what they wanted to play on defense. Of course they wanted to keep one of their own but not at the cost it was going to take. They werent playing in Heinz Field at the time. The revenue wasnt the same and it was best to let go and allow for others to step in.
    He was able to play both inside as well as outside. In the Super Bowl XXX season, he played inside with Kirkland between Lloyd and Greene. The next year, he moved outside when Lloyd was hurt and had 13 sacks as an OLB. After that, Seattle signed him away.

    Earl Holmes was solid, but he wasn't Chad Brown. He was a 4th round rookie in Brown's last season in Pittsburgh, not some stud-in-waiting.

    Talent-wise, Chad Brown was like Lawrence Timmons, and Earl Holmes was like Larry Foote. Holmes and Foote were steady, but Brown and Timmons were dynamic.
    Exactly.

    The Steelers blew it by waiting a year too long to do his deal.

  5. #25

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    [quote=Dee Dub][quote="Northern_Blitz":gw9xtogh]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":gw9xtogh
    The Steelers would have done what they always do with their talented young players they want to keep....they would have had him locked up a long time ago.
    He is locked up. He's talking about voiding the last 3 years of his contract.

    Hopefully, your statement is true regarding Woodley.[/quote:gw9xtogh]

    But the Steelers would have paid him and locked him up at a salary that would have been good for both. See Troy Polamalu, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Ike Taylor, Casey Hampton, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Smith, etc., etc,

    Having a contract that can have 3 years voided isn't a contract that is best for both. Think about it.[/quote:gw9xtogh]

    Which one of those players did we re-up with 3 years remaining on their rookier contracts?

    Ben signed his rookie contract for 6 years in 2004. He was re-upped in 2008 (2 years remaining). Troy signed a 5 year deal as a rookie (2003) and was re-upped in 2007 (1 year left).

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    I guess some of you forgot how one dimensional Chad Brown was?? How he was inept in run support. He didnt play outside LB he played inside. Earl Holmes was a better fit for what they wanted to play on defense. Of course they wanted to keep one of their own but not at the cost it was going to take. They werent playing in Heinz Field at the time. The revenue wasnt the same and it was best to let go and allow for others to step in.
    He was able to play both inside as well as outside. In the Super Bowl XXX season, he played inside with Kirkland between Lloyd and Greene. The next year, he moved outside when Lloyd was hurt and had 13 sacks as an OLB. After that, Seattle signed him away.

    Earl Holmes was solid, but he wasn't Chad Brown. He was a 4th round rookie in Brown's last season in Pittsburgh, not some stud-in-waiting.

    Talent-wise, Chad Brown was like Lawrence Timmons, and Earl Holmes was like Larry Foote. Holmes and Foote were steady, but Brown and Timmons were dynamic.
    Exactly.

    The Steelers blew it by waiting a year too long to do his deal.
    similiar to the pens and ryan malone

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

    Plus Pittsburgh lacks sushi for the distinguished palate.

    this is the real reason why Chad Brown left, it had absolutely nothing to do with money. Chad Brown's wife simply didn't think Pittsburgh had good enough sushi bars...

    If there weren't any good places for Sushi in Pittsburgh, they could have just fileted up a couple of Chad's pets for an exotic meal.

    Board rules my friend:



    I'm sure RB has a collection of Kristin Brown pics for us. This was all I could find.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,279

    Re: Revis' actions wouldn't suit Steelers

    i like Larry timmons, but these articles about choosing him would have been right if revis was available are bullchit.

    we'd be regretting it big time, passing on a talent like that if both were available

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •