Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colon injures Achilles

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Colon injures Achilles

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/28/willie-colon-hurts-achilles/[/url]

Yay.... <sigh>

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Colon injures Achilles

That article was soooo gay. It coulda been one line.

Hope Colon's injury isn't serious.

Backup

User Info Menu

I am not feeling good about this. News, in the offseason, of an injured achilles usually means a raptures achilles. I hope this isn't the case.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tackle is a position where we simply cannot afford major injury. Are you comfortable with Tony Hills or Jonathan Scott filling in long term? I'm certainly not. That lack of sufficient tackle depth is why I was in favor of drafting Bryan Bulaga when he was surprisingly available for us in the first.

Most likely, if Colon's injury is serious, Trai Essex will have to slide over to right tackle, making it easier for Maurkice Pouncey to win the RG spot as rookie. Any upgrade that Pouncey might give you at RG, is counteracted with the downgrade we'd experience at RT.

I know many Steeler fans may not be enamored with Colon, but he is BY FAR our best option at RT. It would be absolutely awful if this injury was serious.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmmm......Willie Anderson took a year off and now wants to play.

I'd call him tomorrow just to take a look at him.

Couldn't hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Tackle is a position where we simply cannot afford major injury. Are you comfortable with Tony Hills or Jonathan Scott filling in long term? I'm certainly not. That lack of sufficient tackle depth is why I was in favor of drafting Bryan Bulaga when he was surprisingly available for us in the first.

Most likely, if Colon's injury is serious, Trai Essex will have to slide over to right tackle, making it easier for Maurkice Pouncey to win the RG spot as rookie. Any upgrade that Pouncey might give you at RG, is counteracted with the downgrade we'd experience at RT.

I know many Steeler fans may not be enamored with Colon, but he is BY FAR our best option at RT. It would be absolutely awful if this injury was serious.
    I think Trai could be better in pass pro. And this will force the development of our tackles.

I'm not happy Willie is hurt. But I am excited to see how Koogs responds.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash

Couldn't hurt.
    It was bad enough seeing him in a Ravens jersey. It would be horrible seeing him in a Steelers one. He's been determined to come back and I think he would be the best option for you guys if Colon is seriously hurt...

Legend

User Info Menu

Couldn't hurt.
    Great idea. He was All Pro not that long ago. And he's only 34. I bet he's still got it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Couldn't hurt.
    Great idea. He was All Pro not that long ago. And he's only 34. I bet he's still got it.
    I dunno, fellas. If I recall correctly, Anderson looked old and slow when he played with Baltimore a couple of seasons ago. And being out of football for a year doesn't make you younger and faster.

Besides, we only bring back our own old guys, not old guys who never played here before. I wonder if Tunch Ilkin wants to do more than just be color commentator for Steeler broadcasts? :P
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

Couldn't hurt.
    I dunno, fellas. If I recall correctly, Anderson looked old and slow when he played with Baltimore a couple of seasons ago. And being out of football for a year doesn't make you younger and faster.

Besides, we only bring back our own old guys, not old guys who never played here before. I wonder if Tunch Ilkin wants to do more than just be color commentator for Steeler broadcasts? :P
    I expect some drop off for sure.

But he was the best at his position and his drop off might be better than some starters.

And it's not like he has to go up against Lamar Woodley every week (I didn't really watch a whole lot of him as a Raven, so not qualified to comment on that).