Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colon injures Achilles

Re: Colon injures Achilles

Lets hope it's just a mild strain.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Lets hope it's just a mild strain.

initial indications are much worse unfortunately...

If Steeler Willie Colon has Achilles tear, his season's over

By Scott Brown
    PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Monday, June 28, 2010

A trying offseason for the Steelers just got worse.

Starting right tackle Willie Colon left the Steelers' practice facility on crutches today with a foot injury. Colon hurt his right foot while working out at Steelers' headquarters. There were initial fears that Colon, who has started 54 consecutive games, tore his Achilles tendon.

If that is the case, Colon will need surgery and miss the upcoming season.

Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert confirmed an Achilles injury today on the team's web site.

"He is still undergoing further evaluations by Steelers' medical personnel and we will not have anything more to release at this time," Colbert said.

The loss of Colon would be a serious blow to the Steelers, who are expected to make more of a commitment to the running game this season, especially with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger out for at least the first four games because of a suspension.

The 6-3, 315-pound Colon is one of the Steelers' nastiest run blockers and has been a mainstay on their offensive line since Mike Tomlin took over as head coach in 2007.

There is little in the way of proven or experienced depth behind Colon and fellow starting tackle Max Starks. If Colon is out for the season, Trai Essex may get first crack to fill his spot.

Essex, who started at right guard last season, could also be moved to left tackle and Starks switched to the right side of the offensive line. Starks started at right tackle in 2005 and for most of 2006 before losing his starting job to Colon.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 88009.html

Legend

Bet he wishes he had a long term contract with a decent signing bonuses versus be a tendered RFA.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend

Wonder if Ramon Foster can move to RT with a years worth of experience under his belt?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

It says IF his AT is torn. I highly doubt the MRI results are back. This would be horrific news if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Wonder if Ramon Foster can move to RT with a years worth of experience under his belt?
    I would think that would be a good possibility. But, lets think outside the box for a second. Who has the footwork and agility to play tackle? Pouncey.

Legend

I would think that would be a good possibility. But, lets think outside the box for a second. Who has the footwork and agility to play tackle? Pouncey.
    That is outside the box. Just to prove how brilliant you really are

Scouting Report-Pouncey is a physical specimen, with a long lean frame, long arms, and great structure. He looks like a big athletic oversized tight end and it shows in his athleticism. He's been locked down as the starting center for the Florida Gators since he was a true freshman, so even as a junior coming out early, he's got loads of quality experience against tough SEC competition. Also, even though he was plugged in at center, many think he could easily switch to either left or right guard and some even think he's athletic enough to play right tackle. No doubt he's got the build for it, and watching him play center, you do get the impression with his footwork and agility he could make the switch.
    http://draftboardinsider.com/cgi-bin/pr ... gi?id=1158

Scouting Report-Pouncey is a physical specimen, with a long lean frame, long arms, and great structure. He looks like a big athletic oversized tight end and it shows in his athleticism. He's been locked down as the starting center for the Florida Gators since he was a true freshman, so even as a junior coming out early, he's got loads of quality experience against tough SEC competition. Also, even though he was plugged in at center, many think he could easily switch to either left or right guard and some even think he's athletic enough to play right tackle. No doubt he's got the build for it, and watching him play center, you do get the impression with his footwork and agility he could make the switch.
    I kinda wondered why Pouncey was placed on the interior at UF. He has the footwork, agility, and vision to play tackle at a high level. Maybe a UF fan can shed some light on that.

Starter

I kinda wondered why Pouncey was placed on the interior at UF. He has the footwork, agility, and vision to play tackle at a high level. Maybe a UF fan can shed some light on that.
    This is just a guess-

but he is probably quick enough to snap and pull

and smart enough to make the line calls

anyway-

I have been toward the top of the list, in terms of people abusing Willie on this forum- in particular- I absolutely love that Arbee's photo shop !!!

But-

If he is really out for the season with a torn AT.... man, that blows...

in fact, it blows more than soccer, and that is saying a lot.

Current roster options...

Essex
    Hills
    Scott
    Foster
    Pouncey???

Of those- none make me think- That is a great idea, but I'd have to pull for Pouncey or Foster. We've all seen Trai get abused at RT. No need to see anymore.

I know Scott started a few games in Buff- anyone have any thoughts on him as a RT?

The team has to be looking outside right now...

No way do they go into the regular season with that list, imo.

Legend

Bet he wishes he had a long term contract with a decent signing bonuses versus be a tendered RFA.
    that probably more painful to him than the heel