Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Here are photos of Ben's day and a parents comments on it when you view the first photo.

[url="http://bigbennews.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-38"]http://bigbennews.com/photos/thumbnails ... up&cat=-38[/url]

Oh no! The big bad rapist is trying to kidnap one of the children!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Here are photos of Ben's day and a parents comments on it when you view the first photo.

[url="http://bigbennews.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=-38"]http://bigbennews.com/photos/thumbnails ... up&cat=-38[/url]

What a jerk

Legend

User Info Menu

He needs to throw that kid away before he takes a sack! Other QBs don't hold children that long...they make a decision where to go with them and do it or they throw them away!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d

He needs to throw that kid away before he takes a sack! Other QBs don't hold children that long...they make a decision where to go with them and do it or they throw them away!
    Stop your killing me

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Cynical but true. Obviously PR move. With that said, it's good for him to make these kinds of efforts no matter the motive at this point. Fake it til ya make it as they say in some circles of recovery. Ben has some growing up to do and it will start with him making some efforts that don't revolve around him. I hope to see Ben's do good attitude become part of his life. It will serve him and his community well.
    Is it possible that he just wanted to be there?
    Nah...lol. I'm kinda playing. I mean maybe Ben is a great guy when he isn't out drinking and partying. I'm sure some of these guys actually like doing these things but I know some don't. It's certainly encouraged by the team. I do know Ben knew it couldn't hurt at this point to get out there and do what he does.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I found it interesting that they quoted that little girl who basically said that she preferred to have Ben there. Apparently he's more fun than Heath and Couch T. So much for the whole "would you let your daughter around him" schtick.
    not to be a cynic but could that be the real PR move?
    Actually that little girl has been at that camp every year. And Ben has said that she is one of the best athletes at the camp. Plus I think she has a crush on Ben!
    She isn't credible... she is on the take.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Cynical but true. Obviously PR move. With that said, it's good for him to make these kinds of efforts no matter the motive at this point. Fake it til ya make it as they say in some circles of recovery. Ben has some growing up to do and it will start with him making some efforts that don't revolve around him. I hope to see Ben's do good attitude become part of his life. It will serve him and his community well.
    Nah...lol. I'm kinda playing. I mean maybe Ben is a great guy when he isn't out drinking and partying. I'm sure some of these guys actually like doing these things but I know some don't. It's certainly encouraged by the team. I do know Ben knew it couldn't hurt at this point to get out there and do what he does.
    I thought he looked like he was really having fun with the kids. Perhaps we should stop analyzing his every move and let his actions speaks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Yep. I think there are too many cynics and some of the statements that we read here just prove that Ben is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I think this was great. A surprise visit so the media scum couldn't be there trying to steal the moment away from the kids with their sense of entitlement to know everything anytime they want to know it no matter what the consequences.
    I'm not sure it's quite that dramatic. Very few if any will fault Ben for helping out. But, I do tend to be skeptical about these kinds of things. This should be the beginning of a long line of do good activities for Ben. It will be to repair his image. Anyone that isn't a Steelers fan would recognize that.

But, like I said before...I wholeheartedly approve. Sometimes it takes a butt kicking, facing the loss of freedom, profession, family whatever to motivate one to change. Do I think Ben is evil? No. I think he lacks maturity in some areas...shoot don't we all. My hope is this kinda thing sticks and he doesn't forget the pain that motivates change.

Just one man's 2 cents.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siss
    I thought he looked like he was really having fun with the kids. Perhaps we should stop analyzing his every move and let his actions speaks.
    It's a message board siss...and it's the offseason. That's what we do.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Maybe he's a great guy when he's out drinking and partying too.

None of us has been with him when he's doing that kind of thing so I guess we really don't know for sure, do we?