Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

I disagree Flippy... when you pay to see a game you can boo with a beer in your hand. It's not hypocritical if one chose to do that.

Now if that person has a sexual assault or gropes a chick in the stands it's hypocritical. There is nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. It wasn't the drinking that Ben got suspended it was serving shots to young chicks and the other stuff he didn't do... or kinda did but didn't finish.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    ...if the shoe fits then wear it.
    Most guys don't fit in these size 42s:

You just want the ladies to believe that the size of your feet corresponds to the size of other...ahem...body parts.
    Everyone knows clowns have small honkers. :lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    I disagree Flippy... when you pay to see a game you can boo with a beer in your hand. It's not hypocritical if one chose to do that.

Now if that person has a sexual assault or gropes a chick in the stands it's hypocritical. There is nothing wrong with drinking responsibly. It wasn't the drinking that Ben got suspended it was serving shots to young chicks and the other stuff he didn't do... or kinda did but didn't finish.
    Everyone's heard the loud obnoxious drunks at the games. They're everywhere.

I've seen young looking kids at tailgates and in the stadium drinking before, so that happens too.

We've seen the douches in Cleveland throwing beer bottles.

There are stories of drunks killing a kid at a Philly game.

Football games have tend to have a rowdy crowd.

But the NFL doesn't care about that. They just care about the money. Anheuser Busch pays them a lot of money every year to advertise to their fans.

Companies like AB own Goodell.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I've seen young looking kids at tailgates and in the stadium drinking before, so that happens too.

But the NFL doesn't care about that. They just care about the money. Anheuser Busch pays them a lot of money every year to advertise to their fans.

I know what you mean Flippy. I refused to expose my kids when they were young to that type of behavior. Some people obviously feel that buying a ticket gives them the right to act like an arse. Now if those same people are critical of Ben's actions they are certainly hypocrites.

I do wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that Ben supplied alcohol to underage girls. Ben bought shots for everyone ... the bar served them. In essence Ben bought a round of drinks. Something a star QB is expected to do I'm sure. If you want to get technical he didn't even do that since he didn't pay the bar tab but even if he did it was the bar that served the people. Not Ben. They are the responsible party.

Now for Ben's other supposedly boorish behavior. When you are out with the guys and one of your friends says he thinks he can get a certain girl how many of you try to talk him out of it and say that isn't mature behavior? How many of you high five him when he comes back? How many of you are somewhere in between?

We wouldn't even be talking about any of this if one or two of the girls hadn't gotten pissed off at Ben and built this mountain out of a molehill. I think by now we all realize that Ben isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and certainly not the maturest of individuals. However I believe his punishment far exceeded what his behavior called for. Ben was caught in a perfect storm made up of a publicity seeking commissioner, certain groups needing to see a white guy punished and media that believes in making a story instead of reporting on one.

... and now for a serious subject. Why do some of you guys feel alcohol make you a lesser person? When I drink I am
    • a better dancer[/*:m:37tr5jug]
    • a great singer[/*:m:37tr5jug]
    • a smarter person[/*:m:37tr5jug]

I assumed it worked that way for everybody
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben can get a rape charge bumping into someone walking down the street..
    buying shots for bitches at an 18 and up college bar should've been the last thing on his list of things to do.
    True.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

... and now for a serious subject. Why do some of you guys feel alcohol make you a lesser person? When I drink I am
    • a better dancer[/*:m:1xmgkx6j]
    • a great singer[/*:m:1xmgkx6j]
    • a smarter person[/*:m:1xmgkx6j]

I'm way better too. In my own mind of course.

Legend

User Info Menu

I know what you mean Flippy. I refused to expose my kids when they were young to that type of behavior. Some people obviously feel that buying a ticket gives them the right to act like an arse. Now if those same people are critical of Ben's actions they are certainly hypocrites.

I do wish people would stop perpetuating the myth that Ben supplied alcohol to underage girls. Ben bought shots for everyone ... the bar served them. In essence Ben bought a round of drinks. Something a star QB is expected to do I'm sure. If you want to get technical he didn't even do that since he didn't pay the bar tab but even if he did it was the bar that served the people. Not Ben. They are the responsible party.

Now for Ben's other supposedly boorish behavior. When you are out with the guys and one of your friends says he thinks he can get a certain girl how many of you try to talk him out of it and say that isn't mature behavior? How many of you high five him when he comes back? How many of you are somewhere in between?

We wouldn't even be talking about any of this if one or two of the girls hadn't gotten pissed off at Ben and built this mountain out of a molehill. I think by now we all realize that Ben isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and certainly not the maturest of individuals. However I believe his punishment far exceeded what his behavior called for. Ben was caught in a perfect storm made up of a publicity seeking commissioner, certain groups needing to see a white guy punished and media that believes in making a story instead of reporting on one.

• a better dancer[/*:mhiw7dof]
    • a great singer[/*:mhiw7dof]
    • a smarter person[/*:mhiw7dof]

Legend

User Info Menu

• a better dancer[/*:m:1uiduuok]
    • a great singer[/*:m:1uiduuok]
    • a smarter person[/*:m:1uiduuok]

you forgot

--- much better looking

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    buying shots for bitches at an 18 and up college bar should've been the last thing on his list of things to do.
    True.
    There has been a lot of talk about racial pressure... it's a joke. Goodell cares about revenue.

The most vocal group of all was WOMEN!!! That was the number one reason for the punishment.

and best believe.. SA accustations are way more serious than a guy in a bar fight.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    True.
    There has been a lot of talk about racial pressure... it's a joke. Goodell cares about revenue.

The most vocal group of all was WOMEN!!! That was the number one reason for the punishment.

and best believe.. SA accustations are way more serious than a guy in a bar fight.
    Accusations are absolutely, positively never more serious than an actual crime that was committed.