Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

Re: Roethlisberger makes surprise appearance at annual camp

I found it interesting that they quoted that little girl who basically said that she preferred to have Ben there. Apparently he's more fun than Heath and Couch T. So much for the whole "would you let your daughter around him" schtick.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I found it interesting that they quoted that little girl who basically said that she preferred to have Ben there. Apparently he's more fun than Heath and Couch T. So much for the whole "would you let your daughter around him" schtick.
    not to be a cynic but could that be the real PR move?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Actually that little girl has been at that camp every year. And Ben has said that she is one of the best athletes at the camp. Plus I think she has a crush on Ben!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by siss
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Actually that little girl has been at that camp every year. And Ben has said that she is one of the best athletes at the camp. Plus I think she has a crush on Ben!
    She isn't credible... she is on the take.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Cynical but true. Obviously PR move. With that said, it's good for him to make these kinds of efforts no matter the motive at this point. Fake it til ya make it as they say in some circles of recovery. Ben has some growing up to do and it will start with him making some efforts that don't revolve around him. I hope to see Ben's do good attitude become part of his life. It will serve him and his community well.
    Is it possible that he just wanted to be there?
    Yep. I think there are too many cynics and some of the statements that we read here just prove that Ben is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I think this was great. A surprise visit so the media scum couldn't be there trying to steal the moment away from the kids with their sense of entitlement to know everything anytime they want to know it no matter what the consequences.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer

You have a public figure making $100M+ and a team worth $1B+ trying to repair a tarnished image. How can you not believe they haven't hired one of those 'image consultants' to help in planning the public appearances?

Don't get me wrong....I think this is something Ben MUST do....and do more often. As someone else said, Ben should focus on others instead of himself for a while.

"Corporations benefit from the services of an image consultant in a very similar manner. If there is some type of public scandal involving one or more of the products manufactured by the company, an image consultant will often launch a two-pronged counter attack designed to minimize the damage caused by the scandal and reverse public opinion. This often includes rebuilding the publicís image of the company by highlighting ways the corporation seeks to support the communities where it operates facilities. The focus will be on the companyís efforts to take responsibility and correct the situation, while also subtly pointing to all the other good things the company does for the general public.

An image consultant is also helpful in situations other than crises. Public speakers often rely on the services of an image professional, asking for assistance in choosing wardrobes for wear at public events. The consulting also includes guidelines on how to stand, modulating and controlling the voice properly, diction, and general deportment in a public setting. It is not unusual for public figures to keep an image consultant on staff or at least on retainer, so that the public image can be continually evaluated and perfected."

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Cynical but true. Obviously PR move. With that said, it's good for him to make these kinds of efforts no matter the motive at this point. Fake it til ya make it as they say in some circles of recovery. Ben has some growing up to do and it will start with him making some efforts that don't revolve around him. I hope to see Ben's do good attitude become part of his life. It will serve him and his community well.
    Yep. I think there are too many cynics and some of the statements that we read here just prove that Ben is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

I think this was great. A surprise visit so the media scum couldn't be there trying to steal the moment away from the kids with their sense of entitlement to know everything anytime they want to know it no matter what the consequences.
    I agree with the first paragraph but the second one has a lot of cynicism in it. LOL.

It's not that serious IMO. It was his camp and he made a visit. It's what he would do if he wasn't in trouble.... it's just football camp. Its not a middle finger to the media or a way to prove a point to the naysayers... it's his camp and he wanted to be there.

Was it a PR stunt? No... A PR stunt consist of an event that is manufactured and every news reporter is called so they can get the scoop. Ben may have a consultant or 2 but I doubt this was there official roll out.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast
    You have a public figure making $100M+ and a team worth $1B+ trying to repair a tarnished image. How can you not believe they haven't hired one of those 'image consultants' to help in planning the public appearances?

Don't get me wrong....I think this is something Ben MUST do....and do more often. As someone else said, Ben should focus on others instead of himself for a while.

"Corporations benefit from the services of an image consultant in a very similar manner. If there is some type of public scandal involving one or more of the products manufactured by the company, an image consultant will often launch a two-pronged counter attack designed to minimize the damage caused by the scandal and reverse public opinion. This often includes rebuilding the publicís image of the company by highlighting ways the corporation seeks to support the communities where it operates facilities. The focus will be on the companyís efforts to take responsibility and correct the situation, while also subtly pointing to all the other good things the company does for the general public.

An image consultant is also helpful in situations other than crises. Public speakers often rely on the services of an image professional, asking for assistance in choosing wardrobes for wear at public events. The consulting also includes guidelines on how to stand, modulating and controlling the voice properly, diction, and general deportment in a public setting. It is not unusual for public figures to keep an image consultant on staff or at least on retainer, so that the public image can be continually evaluated and perfected."
    Yeah, like how Toyota is in the process of repairing their image after their recall fiasco. If you look at BP, on the other hand, looks like they are going to need significantly more help on the public relations side going forward for sure.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo

+1

Legend

Here are photos of Ben's day and a parents comments on it when you view the first photo.

http://bigbennews.com/photos/thumbnails ... up&cat=-38