Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward: Roethlisberger needs to address Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines Ward: Roethlisberger needs to address Steelers

Ward: Roethlisberger needs to address Steelers

Posted: June 23rd, 2010

Steelers WR Hines Ward dropped in for a chat on “NFL Total Access” on Wednesday, and it turned out to be more informative than most offseason chats.

Ward briefly discussed QBs Ben Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich, saying the former needs to address the team about his offseason incident with a Georgia college student, while everyone inside the locker room expects the latter to begin the season as the starter.

Ward said Roethlisberger hasn’t addressed the Steelers as a whole, but he expects it will happen — and also that it’s needed.

“A lot of players really don’t know the situation, other than what we hear in the news or the media,” Ward explained. “I think when he addresses the whole team going into training camp, we can all put it behind us and move forward.”

As for Leftwich, coach Mike Tomlin has alluded to, but not formally announced, that the veteran will replace the suspended Roethlisberger as the starter to begin the season. Ward echoed that sentiment, saying the team is entering the season thinking Leftwich is the starter.

[url="http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/23/ward-roethlisberger-needs-to-address-steelers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter"]http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/23/ward-ro ... um=twitter[/url]

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Hines Ward: Roethlisberger needs to address Steelers

Ward is working on making a transition to the media when he finally hangs it up. I think he'll fit right in.

Backup

User Info Menu

Unlike the media, Ward is right on about this. He does needs to fess up to the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Unlike the media, Ward is right on about this. He does needs to fess up to the team.
    Right or wrong is not the point. Some things are to be said behind closed doors, not to the fscking media.

I love Ward as a player but him constantly going to the media with things that should be kept private is annoying to say the least.

Hines, STFU when it comes to the media. If you really feel this way then take it to Ben man to man.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Steelers>NFL":3kiis02m
    Right or wrong is not the point. Some things are to be said behind closed doors, not to the fscking media.

I love Ward as a player but him constantly going to the media with things that should be kept private is annoying to say the least.

Hines, STFU when it comes to the media. If you really feel this way then take it to Ben man to man.[/quote:3kiis02m]

i know what you mean and i dont like any player talking to the media instead of addressing the issue behind closed doors but hines speaks the truth and i admire that a hell of a lot. no matter what the issue or question is he will speak his mind. hines is right about this, ben should talk to the entire team and move on with life

Legend

User Info Menu

Love Hines, but Hines needs to keep his mouth shut and focus on Hines and not Ben. The two of them are obviously not close but who cares. Hines pandering to the media does nothing to prepare this team for the season. Ben saying "forgive me, I'm sorry" does nothing to get ready for the season. It may make some people happy to see Ben east some "humble pie" but pretty much everyone who does has their own ego issues.

I didn't hear about Ben going national and saying Hines needed to explain to his team mates about the fraud accustaions he was accused of a couple of years ago in that restaurant/bar deal he got mixed up in.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Love Hines, but Hines needs to keep his mouth shut and focus on Hines and not Ben. The two of them are obviously not close but who cares. Hines pandering to the media does nothing to prepare this team for the season. Ben saying "forgive me, I'm sorry" does nothing to get ready for the season. It may make some people happy to see Ben east some "humble pie" but pretty much everyone who does has their own ego issues.

I didn't hear about Ben going national and saying Hines needed to explain to his team mates about the fraud accustaions he was accused of a couple of years ago in that restaurant/bar deal he got mixed up in.
    If Hines missed four games over the fraud we would all talk about it...

Hines is a WR and they tend to wear their emotions on heir jersey.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Hines did not feed anything to the media. All he said is Ben needs to address the team regarding his trouble. He did not say "Ben said he did or did not rape the girl" or
    "Ben said he was stupid for putting himself in a bad position"...etc..
    All he said he and his teammates needs to hear Ben come forward to the team.
    Right now, all the guys can go by is what the media has been saying... blah blah blah.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Until Hines says something to the media that shouldn't be said, he can just keep on talking as far as I'm concerned...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Hines did not feed anything to the media. All he said is Ben needs to address the team regarding his trouble. He did not say "Ben said he did or did not rape the girl" or
    "Ben said he was stupid for putting himself in a bad position"...etc..
    All he said he and his teammates needs to hear Ben come forward to the team.
    Right now, all the guys can go by is what the media has been saying... blah blah blah.
    Do you see the headline of the story? That's all it takes for this to become national news and to be reported everywhere. It'll show up on ESPN soon enough and spread from there.

I can't believe that after all the years in the league Hines still hasn't learned what should be kept in house.