Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six teams that will advance to NFL playoffs in '10

Six teams that will advance to NFL playoffs in '10

Six teams that will advance to NFL playoffs in '10
    Mike Florio
    Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... z0rjv6auaa

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... layoffs-10

Pittsburgh Steelers

Over the past decade or so, the Steelers have demonstrated an unusual trend. When expectations are high, they fail to meet them. When expectations are low, they surpass them.

This year, expectations have fallen, thanks to an extremely disappointing 2009 season that made them one of the three AFC teams that failed to get back after qualifying for the postseason in 2008. Coupled with the Ben Roethlisberger fiasco, Pittsburgh fans have prepared themselves even more thoroughly for a disappointing season.

But if the Steelers can weather the first four games of the season (or six if Roethsliberger's suspension isn't reduced), re-commit to the running game and keep safety Troy Polamalu healthy, they can get back to the postseason.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... z0rjuw5eY0

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

Re: Six teams that will advance to NFL playoffs in '10

Florio finally gets one right.

A rested Ben with something to prove. Look out NFL.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Backup

The biggest thing that could hold the Steelers back is Arians.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Or based on recent history LeBeau's defense giving up 4th quarter leads like a prostitute giving...

Remember it wasn't the offense that blew last season for us, it was the defense and the not so special teams!!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    A rested Ben with something to prove. Look out NFL.
    I almost feel sorry for the Stains...almost.

Pro Bowler

I want the entire team to play with a chip on their shoulder and beat people into submission this year. I'm ready for them to stop playing down to their level of competition and blow some people out.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers>NFL
    Or based on recent history LeBeau's defense giving up 4th quarter leads like a prostitute giving...

Remember it wasn't the offense that blew last season for us, it was the defense and the not so special teams!!!!!
    I remember that while the D was letting extra scoring happen in the 4th QTR, that the O was equally failing to score in the 4th QTR. Don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and blame it all on the D (which was ranked 5th in the NFL) and let the O get away with failing to score and that was ok... (And BTW, the O was ranked like 15th or higher!) If Arians was able to adjust at halftime and go out and score like he did in the first half, we wouldnt be talking about this. Arians is every bit as culpable as Lebeau (and the special teams) for last season's failure.

Just like when he was the O coordinator for Cleveland in the playoffs against the Steelers and they were up by about three touchdowns. And then Tommy Maddox brought the team back to win the game. Was our defense that stellar, or was it Arians lack of ability to adjust? So whose fault was it, the Defensive Coordinator for the Browns who couldnt stop the Steelers O in the 2nd half, or Arians inability to put more points on the board? Same story, different team. (And didn't he get fired after that?)

Thats what I remember...

A healthy Aaron Smith and Troy = no blown 4th quarter leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Herewegosteelers!
    A healthy Aaron Smith and Troy = no blown 4th quarter leads.

Please let it be so

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.