Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

Legend

Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

This Mahut guy is winning me over like Rocky won over the Russians in Rocky IV.

What a dive.

I love this kid's effort.

But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by flippy

What a dive.

But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!
    During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy

What a dive.

During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
    :lol better than a picture

Legend

We want more! We want more! We want more!

A 3 day tennis match

Legend

Woooo!!!!

America wins again!!!!

Now the Shaq of tennis needs to go win Wimbeldon!!!!!

70-68!!!!!

Pro Bowler

EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

59,329,000,000 to one

This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

59,329,000,000 to one

This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.
    It's crazy odds.

I was bummed to see Isner lose and so fast. I kinda wish the French guy won because he had so much more energy.

They were saying Isner didn't have skin left on the tips of his toes. And this match really took it out of him.

But Frenchie was chasing everything down til the end and I think he woulda fared better in the next round.