Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    This Mahut guy is winning me over like Rocky won over the Russians in Rocky IV.

    What a dive.

    I love this kid's effort.

    But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    This Mahut guy is winning me over like Rocky won over the Russians in Rocky IV.

    What a dive.

    I love this kid's effort.

    But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!
    During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    This Mahut guy is winning me over like Rocky won over the Russians in Rocky IV.

    What a dive.

    I love this kid's effort.

    But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!
    During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!
    :lol better than a picture

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    We want more! We want more! We want more!

    A 3 day tennis match

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    Woooo!!!!

    America wins again!!!!

    Now the Shaq of tennis needs to go win Wimbeldon!!!!!

    70-68!!!!!

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

    I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

    59,329,000,000 to one

    This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

    EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

    I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

    [url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by snarky
    EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

    I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

    59,329,000,000 to one

    This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

    EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

    I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.
    It's crazy odds.

    I was bummed to see Isner lose and so fast. I kinda wish the French guy won because he had so much more energy.

    They were saying Isner didn't have skin left on the tips of his toes. And this match really took it out of him.

    But Frenchie was chasing everything down til the end and I think he woulda fared better in the next round.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •