Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost opportunity for Roethlisberger

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Lost opportunity for Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    The media hates the Steelers. Had Tony Romo's career followed the same paths as Ben's, the type of media coverage would be very different. I agree with what DJfan said, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. We just have get used to it.
    Why is it that some fans always think the media, refs, or the league hates their team? Go to any message board and you will find that it's true. Always some fans complaining about this or that. I don't believe there is an agenda by the media, refs, or league against any team. All teams deal with negative press, bad calls, suspensions, or negativity at some point.

Ben damned himself with his sense of entitlement and poor decisions he made. Would not even be an issue if he took people's advice or learned from previous mistakes.
    The media ran with allegations, unsubstantiated claims and biased "accounts" of what took place that night. So yes, the media has some blame in this. The salaciousness of these allegations is enough to get attention which means website views, increased newspaper circulation, higher TV ratings, etc.

But I don't believe this is happening just because it's Ben or the Steelers. They would be doing this for any professional athlete or celebrity. Tiger Woods anyone?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    I don't see Peyton getting bashed for his sexual assault on a female trainer when he sat on her face and put his balls in her face also, do you? He even paid the girl off.

Tom Brady knocks up one girl, leaves her for another, and then hires armed bodyguards who shoot at photographers. Where's the outrage?
    Peyton was bashed when the story broke but it was 10 years ago.

I agree on the Brady gun shooting incident but it was his bodyguards not him. Tom Brady isn't the first athlete to have a child out of wedlock... It's common.

I was outraged...
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    The media hates the Steelers. Had Tony Romo's career followed the same paths as Ben's, the type of media coverage would be very different. I agree with what DJfan said, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. We just have get used to it.
    Why is it that some fans always think the media, refs, or the league hates their team? Go to any message board and you will find that it's true. Always some fans complaining about this or that. I don't believe there is an agenda by the media, refs, or league against any team. All teams deal with negative press, bad calls, suspensions, or negativity at some point.

Ben damned himself with his sense of entitlement and poor decisions he made. Would not even be an issue if he took people's advice or learned from previous mistakes.
    The media ran with allegations, unsubstantiated claims and biased "accounts" of what took place that night. So yes, the media has some blame in this. The salaciousness of these allegations is enough to get attention which means website views, increased newspaper circulation, higher TV ratings, etc.

But I don't believe this is happening just because it's Ben or the Steelers. They would be doing this for any professional athlete or celebrity. Tiger Woods anyone?
    The media is going to report big and negative stories over and over and over again. I don't think will change. People seem to like negative stories. I don't watch much news because of the negativity.

The best way to keep one's self out of the news is not to do anything to be in the news.
    Ben subjected himself to that scrutiny with his poor decision making. Same can be said for Woods.

Backup

User Info Menu

Roethlisberger Surprises Kids At Camp Tomlin

Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger surprised youngsters at the Old Spice Coach Tomlin Football Camp today

Youngsters attending Coach Mike Tomlin's youth football camp at Mars Area High School got a surprise visit from Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger today.

Throughout the week, Steelers players Heath Miller, Brett Keisel and Chris Hoke have spent time working with the campers at The Old Spice Coach Tomlin Football Camp.

Roethlisberger stopped by the campus this morning to spend time with the kids on the final day of the camp.

"I love coming out here and participating with these guys and having fun, seeing the smile on their face," Roethlisberger told KDKA's John Shumway.

"One kid – he dropped a pass," Roethlisberger added, "but he was excited because he got to at least attempt to catch it. To see the smile on some of the kids' faces when they catch touchdowns and they're high-fiving and – it just it brings joy to your life!"

For the last two years, Roethlisberger has led the camp; but developments over the past few months necessitated that he step away from leading the camp this year.

Earlier this week, some youngsters who attended the camp in previous years said they missed having Roethlisberger around.

"Ben used to play with us more," Bethany Carcaise of Illinois told KDKA on Monday. "He acted like a kid!"

Carcaise was thrilled by the quarterback's surprise appearance today. "I was really excited 'cause I wanted to see him!"

She wasn't alone.

"It was fun playing with Ben and it was pretty cool that I got to meet Ben this year," Noah Willard of Darlinton said.

Coach Tomlin, who brought his own 8- and 9-year-old sons to the camp, told KDKA that he fully expects the QB to be back at the helm next year. "That is our full intention, absolutely. In the meanwhile, I get to babysit it and that's fun also. I might be back next year, too!"

Roethlisberger said he enjoyed his time at the camp today -- making it clear that it's his intention to be back next year as well.

"I'm having a blast... I'm sweating more than most of these kids, running around, and I'm dying out here; but if they have fun, I'm having fun!"
    [url]http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.Camp.2.1768083.html[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah

Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger surprised youngsters at the Old Spice Coach Tomlin Football Camp today

Youngsters attending Coach Mike Tomlin's youth football camp at Mars Area High School got a surprise visit from Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger today.

Throughout the week, Steelers players Heath Miller, Brett Keisel and Chris Hoke have spent time working with the campers at The Old Spice Coach Tomlin Football Camp.

Roethlisberger stopped by the campus this morning to spend time with the kids on the final day of the camp.

"I love coming out here and participating with these guys and having fun, seeing the smile on their face," Roethlisberger told KDKA's John Shumway.

"One kid – he dropped a pass," Roethlisberger added, "but he was excited because he got to at least attempt to catch it. To see the smile on some of the kids' faces when they catch touchdowns and they're high-fiving and – it just it brings joy to your life!"

For the last two years, Roethlisberger has led the camp; but developments over the past few months necessitated that he step away from leading the camp this year.

Earlier this week, some youngsters who attended the camp in previous years said they missed having Roethlisberger around.

"Ben used to play with us more," Bethany Carcaise of Illinois told KDKA on Monday. "He acted like a kid!"

Carcaise was thrilled by the quarterback's surprise appearance today. "I was really excited 'cause I wanted to see him!"

She wasn't alone.

"It was fun playing with Ben and it was pretty cool that I got to meet Ben this year," Noah Willard of Darlinton said.

Coach Tomlin, who brought his own 8- and 9-year-old sons to the camp, told KDKA that he fully expects the QB to be back at the helm next year. "That is our full intention, absolutely. In the meanwhile, I get to babysit it and that's fun also. I might be back next year, too!"

Roethlisberger said he enjoyed his time at the camp today -- making it clear that it's his intention to be back next year as well.

"I'm having a blast... I'm sweating more than most of these kids, running around, and I'm dying out here; but if they have fun, I'm having fun!"
    So you think the chump who wrote the other story will have something to say about this? I'll wager something like, "Nice touch, but not enough" or some such nonsense.

Backup

User Info Menu

So you think the chump who wrote the other story will have something to say about this? I'll wager something like, "Nice touch, but not enough" or some such nonsense.
    right! Damned if he does...

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll be waiting for the "what the hell was he doing out there goofing around with kids? He could have broken his arm like Steve Smith" angle.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_sarah

She wasn't alone.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    I don't see Peyton getting bashed for his sexual assault on a female trainer when he sat on her face and put his balls in her face also, do you? He even paid the girl off.

Tom Brady knocks up one girl, leaves her for another, and then hires armed bodyguards who shoot at photographers. Where's the outrage?
    Crash,

I heard about that Payton incident. Any news articles backing it up online??

skyhawk.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[quote=stlrz d]
    Quote Originally Posted by "kiwi_sarah":2babjios

She wasn't alone.

So you think the chump who wrote the other story will have something to say about this? I'll wager something like, "Nice touch, but not enough" or some such nonsense.[/quote:2babjios]

Exactly. I guess he missed this part