Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost opportunity for Roethlisberger

Re: Lost opportunity for Roethlisberger

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones
    hey is Kobe on the list?
    If not, then Ben's name will drip off when the next idiot comes along.
    Frankly, I'm not entirely sure Ben did anything wrong legally. And as a fellow that was once 28 and living in a college town, I had sex with a few 20 year olds. 20 year olds aren't 15. Big difference. Hell I was taken home drunk one night by a 20 yr old who hadn't been drinking. In case you are wondering, I didn't claim rape.
    Broke the law = NO!!!

Used less brain cells than he should have = YES!!!!!!!
    this

Ovi,

You are 100% correct. So how about we all have a lynch mob and try really hard to destroy a guy who has openly started eating humble pie?

See how empty that is? This is what the media sluts are doing. Give the guy a chance. They should just pretend he is Bill Clinton and try really hard to protect him.

Let the guy fix this. Don't pile on and try to kill him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Ovi,

You are 100% correct. So how about we all have a lynch mob and try really hard to destroy a guy who has openly started eating humble pie?

See how empty that is? This is what the media sluts are doing. Give the guy a chance. They should just pretend he is Bill Clinton and try really hard to protect him.

Only time will fix this for Ben combined with smarter choices. The media is dying right now because Ben has gone to ground. They want to get him in front of cameras to hammer him over and over again. If I were advising Ben I would say stay away until camp and just focus on football.

The media won't protect Ben because he isn't their icon and he is "just an athlete" who to the liberal media reminds them of all the high school jocks who use to torment the nerds in HS of which the vast majority of the media were.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Legend

Ben doesn't kiss the media's butt. That's why this is happening with local media.

"What comes around goes around" for Ben is what the PG sports editor Jerry Micco called it.

Which is why most local media haven't reported on the inconsistent statements in the cd/dvds and the media instead chooses to "move on".

Backup

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Ben doesn't kiss the media's butt. That's why this is happening with local media.

"What comes around goes around" for Ben is what the PG sports editor Jerry Micco called it.

Which is why most local media haven't reported on the inconsistent statements in the cd/dvds and the media instead chooses to "move on".
    Interrrrrresting. Makes sense. Sucks, but makes sense.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Ovi,

Only time will fix this for Ben combined with smarter choices. The media is dying right now because Ben has gone to ground. They want to get him in front of cameras to hammer him over and over again. If I were advising Ben I would say stay away until camp and just focus on football.

The media won't protect Ben because he isn't their icon and he is "just an athlete" who to the liberal media reminds them of all the high school jocks who use to torment the nerds in HS of which the vast majority of the media were.
    The media won't protect Ben because he doesn't have Nike, Haynes, Oreo cookie and American Express commercials....

There is no liberal media agenda against Ben...LOL!!!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    The media hates the Steelers. Had Tony Romo's career followed the same paths as Ben's, the type of media coverage would be very different. I agree with what DJfan said, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. We just have get used to it.
    Why is it that some fans always think the media, refs, or the league hates their team? Go to any message board and you will find that it's true. Always some fans complaining about this or that. I don't believe there is an agenda by the media, refs, or league against any team. All teams deal with negative press, bad calls, suspensions, or negativity at some point.

Ben damned himself with his sense of entitlement and poor decisions he made. Would not even be an issue if he took people's advice or learned from previous mistakes.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    The media hates the Steelers. Had Tony Romo's career followed the same paths as Ben's, the type of media coverage would be very different. I agree with what DJfan said, he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. We just have get used to it.
    Why is it that some fans always think the media, refs, or the league hates their team? Go to any message board and you will find that it's true. Always some fans complaining about this or that. I don't believe there is an agenda by the media, refs, or league against any team. All teams deal with negative press, bad calls, suspensions, or negativity at some point.

Ben damned himself with his sense of entitlement and poor decisions he made. Would not even be an issue if he took people's advice or learned from previous mistakes.
    "if this was Peyton or Brady or Favre the media would..

when another player gets in trouble those same fans say.."if this was a Steeler it would be 20 times worse" LOL..

some people can't deal with reality and have to blame ANYONE but the people involved. Even discussing the incident on a Steeler message board is seen as being "morally superior"

Legend

I don't see Peyton getting bashed for his sexual assault on a female trainer when he sat on her face and put his balls in her face also, do you? He even paid the girl off.

Tom Brady knocks up one girl, leaves her for another, and then hires armed bodyguards who shoot at photographers. Where's the outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    I don't see Peyton getting bashed for his sexual assault on a female trainer when he sat on her face and put his balls in her face also, do you? He even paid the girl off.

Tom Brady knocks up one girl, leaves her for another, and then hires armed bodyguards who shoot at photographers. Where's the outrage?

I'm outraged...