Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last Season's Steelers' OL Ranked 24th

Hall of Famer

Re: Last Season's Steelers' OL Ranked 24th

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig
    I remember back in the 90,s we were playing the Bills at home and Dan Deirdorf was one of the annoucers and he said something to this affect when speaking about our offensive line.
    " here's a group of guys that many of the NFL does not know about but, there eventually going to. Ladies and gentlemen when the Steelrs have the ball, the defense gets pushed back. This is a wonderful group of guys. " Barry Foster went down that game and Leroy Thompson torched them. Somewhere I have that game on tape.
    It was great watching our o-line in those days but as you all can say, it wasn't enough to get us a Super Bowl win. Too bad Neil threw the game away.
    A little OT here, but I've never gotten a straight answer, so I ask every time - do we really know whether it was him? Rather than maybe the receivers cut the wrong way?

Did he buy two Mercs right afterwards?
    if thats Ben in that situation, i wonder who he would put the blame on

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    I remember back in the 90,s we were playing the Bills at home and Dan Deirdorf was one of the annoucers and he said something to this affect when speaking about our offensive line.
    " here's a group of guys that many of the NFL does not know about but, there eventually going to. Ladies and gentlemen when the Steelrs have the ball, the defense gets pushed back. This is a wonderful group of guys. " Barry Foster went down that game and Leroy Thompson torched them. Somewhere I have that game on tape.
    It was great watching our o-line in those days but as you all can say, it wasn't enough to get us a Super Bowl win. Too bad Neil threw the game away.
    A little OT here, but I've never gotten a straight answer, so I ask every time - do we really know whether it was him? Rather than maybe the receivers cut the wrong way?

Clearly, Ben wouldn't pull a Payton Manning ("We had protection problems ..."). Am I wrong, or was O'Donnell pretty tight lipped about those two passes, including not pointing any fingers?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER

Clearly, Ben wouldn't pull a Payton Manning ("We had protection problems ..."). Am I wrong, or was O'Donnell pretty tight lipped about those two passes, including not pointing any fingers?
    After the game Jim Gray asked NoD if the 2nd pick was on the WR. NoD responded, "We win as a team and we lose as a team." And he seemed annoyed at the question.

Hall of Famer

i thought he actually said

"i'm not gonna blame the WR for running the wrong route, we win as a team and lose as a team"

in effect, placing the balme on the WR.

i'm sure his free agency status played a part of what he said

LOL- and just what criteria did this joker use to come up with this list?

Anyone can put together a list on their own. I would say the OL was somewhere in the middle of the pack. We did have a 1000 yard rusher didn't we? Did all of those other 23 teams ahead of us have a 1000 yd rusher? Let me look...

However, the comment about Colon was kind of funny......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    LOL- and just what criteria did this joker use to come up with this list?

Anyone can put together a list on their own. I would say the OL was somewhere in the middle of the pack. We did have a 1000 yard rusher didn't we? Did all of those other 23 teams ahead of us have a 1000 yd rusher? Let me look...

However, the comment about Colon was kind of funny......
    Don't forget we can't pass block but had a 4000 yard passer, two 1000 yard receivers and our TE had the best season of his career.

It must be Arian's fault our OL and offense are so bad.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

I expect our OL will be stronger this year. The new coach will help, another year for Starks and Kemo, some excellent talent in Pouncey, big Willie Colon playing for a contract and more emphasis on running the ball from ownership should help matters out.

I actually thought the oline looked better during the games I was able to watch last year than they did in 2008 when they won the superbowl.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim
    I expect our OL will be stronger this year. The new coach will help, another year for Starks and Kemo, some excellent talent in Pouncey, big Willie Colon playing for a contract and more emphasis on running the ball from ownership should help matters out.

I actually thought the oline looked better during the games I was able to watch last year than they did in 2008 when they won the superbowl.
    I agree RJ. Our O-line was absolutely pitiful in 2008 but showed definite improvement last year. I thought the pass blocking improved to 'adequate' while the run blocking was just inconsistent. Take away Mendy's long runs in each game and he probably averaged under 3 yards a carry.

I still say Hartwig is by far the weak link on the line so let's stop with the 'play Pouncey at RG for a year' stuff and play our 1st rounder at center.

Hopefully the new line coach earns his money and they show another year of marked improvement.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

i remember our O-line looking better last year and right from the pre-season start, our defense looked like heck. Remember how teams crushed us with the run from the very start ?
    I thought last year our defense was so full of theirselves because of the previous season and Super Bowl win that, they expected the opponents to falll over when on the field.

Our o-line improved last season but not enough to notice due to Arians style of offense and Bens willingness to hold onto the ball for weeks at a time.

PS. we need to crush Cleveland and put them back nto the hole they crawed out of. If our team doesn't get totally up for playing the Browns and the Bengals, we then need fresh and enthused players. Or just get of Arians and William Gay.

Legend

i remember our O-line looking better last year and right from the pre-season start, our defense looked like heck. Remember how teams crushed us with the run from the very start ?
    I thought last year our defense was so full of theirselves because of the previous season and Super Bowl win that, they expected the opponents to falll over when on the field.

Our o-line improved last season but not enough to notice due to Arians style of offense and Bens willingness to hold onto the ball for weeks at a time.

PS. we need to crush Cleveland and put them back nto the hole they crawed out of. If our team doesn't get totally up for playing the Browns and the Bengals, we then need fresh and enthused players. Or just get of Arians and William Gay.
    ooh... you are gonna get it!!! LOL!

I think our OL was much better last year than in 2008. Our interior was terrible at run blocking and our blitz pick up was yuckie...

I guess this is why the OL coach was fired.