Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black and Tarnished Gold

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Black and Tarnished Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    By the way you have to know that I see this whole thing as a girl who made a drunk mistake and didn't want to look like the sorority slut. She is not a victim at all.
    Yep, that's about it, IMO.

I also have a young daughter and she still wears her #7 Big Ben jersey with pride.

I guess I'm not really interested in what other teams fans think about anybody on our team. Ben hasn't done anything any worse then many of my friends and favorite celebrities have done. Being accused of something doesn't mean jack to me. Granted, I'm around rockers and such, but I'm just not concerned at all.
    I'm not that interested in what other fans think either. Hines Ward, a favorite of mine, is constantly goaded about being a dirty player. Does that tarnish the image of the Black and Gold? Of course not. The entire premise of the blog is ludicrous.

Opposing fans will always find things to hate on. If not this situation they would find something else to get on Ben about. Sorry but I don't feel the least bit guilty about cheering for Ben.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    If that was your daughter? Because I have thought about what I would say if that was my son. Because people try and turn that around on me. And the more I have thought about this the more I would tell me daughter the same thing I would tell my son. She is just as responsible as he is. She was drunk. She wore a sign that was inviting trouble and the little miss DTF had a fake ID that had been taken weeks before. So you know what, if that was my daughter (which it wouldn't be) I would be just as disappointed in her as I would be if that was my son. Because I am going to teach my son to be a gentlemen and not go into strange bathrooms with girls he barely knows. And Im going to teach my daughter to not wear a sign inviting trouble and get plastered drunk and go into bathrooms with men she barely knows. I will not let my children get away with using alcohol as an excuse. Because its not for any reason.

By the way you have to know that I see this whole thing as a girl who made a drunk mistake and didn't want to look like the sorority slut. She is not a victim at all.

That is exactly what I have been thinking for quite sometime now....She got a lawyer and the next thing you know she drops the case. He told her that her entire college life was going to be put on trial and especially that night. She knows what kind of person she has been and decided correctly along with pulling down all of her networking sites which probably contained character flaws that Ben's lawyers could use, rightfully so......
    That's the Soap Box I've been standing on since this all went down. I can't even begin to tell you the number of time I've witnesses sorority sisters wearing their "colors" and or "letters" and put on a hoodie to "protect their image" while doing a keg stand or dragging a guy in to a bathroom. Yes dragging a guy in to a bathroom. It's all about protecting the sorority. The sisters all went to that club with "DTF" aka "Down to Fvck" on their shirts and did exactly that, but when one gets hammered and then ends up with Big Ben why not go to your wits end to protect the sorority and who knows maybe get some coin for a charter. Unfortunately Big Ben was stupid enough to be in that situation and the girls tried to take advantage.

EDIT: and man is this guy a butt hurt drama queen. Tarnished championships lol, Super Bowls that won't count. Well PLEASE by all means burn your black and gold and STOP WATCHING. It's one less whining ass, over dramatic saucy lady to deal with on Sundays.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

First off, I don't really care what opposing-team's fans say/write about our quarterback. Yes, he will see signs and get booed, but it you asked many of them, they would take him in a heartbeat to play for their team. There's not many quarterbacks in this league better than him.

Secondly, I don't get it when I read "Now than I'm a father" or "Because I have a daughter" crap. I have a 9 year old daughter and will raise her NOT to wear a DTF nametag and use illegal IDs to try and drink when she's underage. If I were her parents, I'd be just as disappointed in her actions, as Ben's. Some people seem to think she's this defenseless, victimized person who's done NO wrong. Those people are idiots.

Ben has a lot of growing up to do and I hope that he will, but it won't pain me to root for him this season. He's an athelete who is paid to help the Steelers win. He's not, nor should any athelete, be paid to become role models.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal
    First off, I don't really care what opposing-team's fans say/write about our quarterback. Yes, he will see signs and get booed, but it you asked many of them, they would take him in a heartbeat to play for their team. There's not many quarterbacks in this league better than him.

Secondly, I don't get it when I read "Now than I'm a father" or "Because I have a daughter" crap. I have a 9 year old daughter and will raise her NOT to wear a DTF nametag and use illegal IDs to try and drink when she's underage. If I were her parents, I'd be just as disappointed in her actions, as Ben's. Some people seem to think she's this defenseless, victimized person who's done NO wrong. Those people are idiots.

Ben has a lot of growing up to do and I hope that he will, but it won't pain me to root for him this season. He's an athelete who is paid to help the Steelers win. He's not, nor should any athelete, be paid to become role models.
    Thank you. It's so easy for the mainstream media and the clueless parents of the world to paint a certain picture. Meanwhile girls these days are beyond sexually aggressive and throw in the alcohol factor on a collegiate level and as a decent looking male you feel like your being hunted. I had a gf through 90% of college. We met freshman year and have been together 8 years as of Feb. If she weren't in the picture most of the time it would have been ridiculous and I don't say that in pompous fashion. I can't tell you how many times I watched girls throw themselves at my friends and some were even ballsy enough to do it in front my gf if she were out with us at the time. They just don't care and when they have a "target" most go to wits end to achieve their end game.

You aren't a sweet innocent Co-ed when you show up at a major bar with "DTF" on your shirt. Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

I definitely went to college way too long ago. Girls wearing DTF pins, throwing themselves at guys with wild abandon, kissing each other, wearing skin tight clothing or next to nothing..... *sigh*....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    I definitely went to college way too long ago. Girls wearing DTF pins, throwing themselves at guys with wild abandon, kissing each other, wearing skin tight clothing or next to nothing..... *sigh*....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost

yeah, we really missed out, huh?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I went to an Ivy League school. We actually, you know, studied. Imagine that.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I went to college long ago (CMU!), but was lucky enough to get a girlfriend who was an art major. Amazingly enough, she had some Spandex pants, anyone remember those? Ah, those were the days!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers win another championship with Ben at the helm, it simply doesn't count. The 2 titles that came while Ben was the starter will remain. Any future rings will be out
    Bye.

The man wasn't charged. The DA said no probable cause existed for an arrest.

That's all ANYONE with a brain should remember.

Don't bash Ben for drunlken behavior when you slam down a six pack of IC Light during a game.