Thread: Cartoon Network

Legend

User Info Menu

Cartoon Network

Anyone ever watch a show called BoonDocks?

It's a cartoon about an African American family on the cartoon network. And they must have said the N word 100+ times in a half an hour. I was shocked.

It was pretty funny. And it was on late night. But be careful if you're ever up with your kids late at night and this is on tv. I still can't believe what I saw.

It's not like it's HBO or something. Just the cartoon network. I was expecting to see something like Family Guy.

Then after it, there was some Britanny Spears looking girl talking about some very adult stuff. You wouldn't want to have to explain to your kids what she was talking about. It was beyond graphic. It was stuff about sodomy and worse. It was done in a very funny way. But I just couldn't believe it was on tv let alone the Cartoon Network.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Cartoon Network

Aha, I see you're not familiar with Adult Swim. [url="http://www.adultswim.com"]http://www.adultswim.com[/url]

Late night Cartoon network does Adult Swim most of the time after 10pm. It's a bunch of cartoons for adults. I love The Boondocks. You should check out Squidbillies. There are quite a few cartoons that give South Park a run for their money in terms of explicit content.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember the guy with the Boondocks avatar and the sig with the pimp and the purple car. Can't remember his name off-hand, but wasn't he the one who was promoting Carlton Haselrig as he was trying to embark on an MMA fighting career?

And if you don't like Adult Swim, I've got two things to say to you:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Aha, I see you're not familiar with Adult Swim. [url="http://www.adultswim.com"]http://www.adultswim.com[/url]

Late night Cartoon network does Adult Swim most of the time after 10pm. It's a bunch of cartoons for adults. I love The Boondocks. You should check out Squidbillies. There are quite a few cartoons that give South Park a run for their money in terms of explicit content.
    I saw the Squids. They were growing weed under their house.

There's some crazy shows on here. I'm glad I found them. Just surprised what I was hearing on regular tv.

Backup

User Info Menu

I love The Boondocks, Squidbillies was on last night, but watched the NBA replay instead. I'm a big Drawn Together fan, I love the Zelda franchise & I had a crush on the Little Mermaid when I was a kid, so Princess Clara makes me giggle.

Just following the rules

Legend

User Info Menu

I caught some Robot Chicken last night. Wow this stuff is funny. I'm addicted.

Anyone know what show had the Brittany Spears like character? I'd love to watch that one again. It was the funniest one yet by a mile. It had some sick and twisted humor. The singer met a teen who idolized her. And this teen was recently impregnated by her high school softball coach. And the Britney character was advocating that young girls should choose sodomy because it's wholesome and it will allow them to remain virgins and it won't make them pregnant and it will allow them to continue to smoke. And then this concept lead her to having a song that had some lyrics like "Don't you want my magic sugar candy fudge?"

It may sound gross, but the way they did it, it was so weird it was hillarious. And even though the teen was pregnant, the Brittany character kept suggesting she smoke with her anyways so she didn't get fat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I remember the guy with the Boondocks avatar and the sig with the pimp and the purple car. Can't remember his name off-hand, but wasn't he the one who was promoting Carlton Haselrig as he was trying to embark on an MMA fighting career?
    Actually, now that I think about it, I think his username was Ezekiel 25:17 (the Bible verse that Sam Jackson quotes in Pulp Fiction before shooting someone).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, now that I think about it, I think his username was Ezekiel 25:17 (the Bible verse that Sam Jackson quotes in Pulp Fiction before shooting someone).
    That's it. Didn't he have some falling out and then disappear?

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm addicted to Adult Swim. On Robot Chicken they did a skit called Dick Heads with Time Machines and some Dick Head went back and changed the commandments for Moses making the 1st commandment, "He who smelt it dealt it".

All the religious talk recently made this seem extra funny.