Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Fellow smokers

  1. #1
    Prok
    Guest

    Fellow smokers

    No, NOT Santonio herb smokers.....

    Fellow cigarette smokers:

    How do you feel about the constant price increases ?

    How do you feel about the FSC (fire safety cig's) ?

    What's your favorite brand ?

    I'm a Marlboro man. Marlboro 100's to be exact. Can't smoke the generics or other brands as they burn my throat. And it P's me O to have to pay over $6 a freakin' pack because i can't smoke the cheapies.

    And I freakin' HATE the FSC's they are forcing us to smoke these days. They just don't taste the same IMO and i think it's a useless feature to boot. I have gotten into the habit of never inhaling the first hit as it tastes nasty and kinda burns almost always.

    Many fellow smokers have told me they can't stand the FSC's either. Some have even gotten sick off of the damn things.

    Yeah, i know it's not "right" to smoke but i find it relaxing and enjoyable. Sue me. lol

  2. #2
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,505

    Re: Fellow smokers

    I don't smoke, but I'm curious about what the hell a fire safety cigarette is? Never heard of it...

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384

    Re: Fellow smokers

    I always wanted to smoke a pipe and look distinguished.

    I'll smoke a cigar on occasion. Usually with a bourbon, cognac, or port. But I don't drink anymore, so I never smoke cigars either really.

    I'm curious what the fire safety thingy is too. Does it blow foam in your face if you don't puff for so long?

    And re: the prices, maybe you could start rolling your own. I love the smell of cigars/tobacco but hate the smell of cigarettes. I think you might be better off with other forms of tobacco since they put all kinds of poisons and crap in cigarettes that could kill you.

  4. #4

    Re: Fellow smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I always wanted to smoke a pipe and look distinguished.

    I'll smoke a cigar on occasion. Usually with a bourbon, cognac, or port. But I don't drink anymore, so I never smoke cigars either really.

    I'm curious what the fire safety thingy is too. Does it blow foam in your face if you don't puff for so long?

    And re: the prices, maybe you could start rolling your own. I love the smell of cigars/tobacco but hate the smell of cigarettes. I think you might be better off with other forms of tobacco since they put all kinds of poisons and crap in cigarettes that could kill you.
    I mostly smoke cigars...about 1-2/month...and have a couple pipes. I pull out the pipe a few times a year. I enjoy both. Nothing like a cigar and a Steeler game.

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,505

    Re: Fellow smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I always wanted to smoke a pipe and look distinguished.

    I'll smoke a cigar on occasion. Usually with a bourbon, cognac, or port. But I don't drink anymore, so I never smoke cigars either really.

    I'm curious what the fire safety thingy is too. Does it blow foam in your face if you don't puff for so long?

    And re: the prices, maybe you could start rolling your own. I love the smell of cigars/tobacco but hate the smell of cigarettes. I think you might be better off with other forms of tobacco since they put all kinds of poisons and crap in cigarettes that could kill you.
    I mostly smoke cigars...about 1-2/month...and have a couple pipes. I pull out the pipe a few times a year. I enjoy both. Nothing like a cigar and a Steeler game.
    Unless you live in Baltimore. Then there is nothing like a crack pipe and a Ravens game.


  6. #6

    Re: Fellow smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy
    I always wanted to smoke a pipe and look distinguished.

    I'll smoke a cigar on occasion. Usually with a bourbon, cognac, or port. But I don't drink anymore, so I never smoke cigars either really.

    I'm curious what the fire safety thingy is too. Does it blow foam in your face if you don't puff for so long?

    And re: the prices, maybe you could start rolling your own. I love the smell of cigars/tobacco but hate the smell of cigarettes. I think you might be better off with other forms of tobacco since they put all kinds of poisons and crap in cigarettes that could kill you.
    I mostly smoke cigars...about 1-2/month...and have a couple pipes. I pull out the pipe a few times a year. I enjoy both. Nothing like a cigar and a Steeler game.
    Unless you live in Baltimore. Then there is nothing like a crack pipe and a Ravens game.

    Nice.

  7. #7
    Prok
    Guest

    Re: Fellow smokers

    The fire safety thing is something they came up with to help cut down on fires i guess.

    There are like 2 or 3 parts of each cigarette that will simply let it extinguish itself if left unattended. Not sure if it's some kind of chemical additive or not. What i can say, for sure, is that it has definately changed the taste and quality of the cigarette. And many, like me, have a real hard time getting used to the new flavor and smoke-ability of the cigarettes.

    And the damn taxes they keep adding on to them is outrageous. I think they are trying to force ppl to quit by charging so much.

    My mom has smoked her whole life and has no cigarette related health problems other than the usual wheezyness etc. Hell, she's heading toward her late 70's and still going strong. lol

    I feel since we're all gonna die anyway i may as well enjoy smoking til' my number is called. But the government damn sure is gonna make it expensive for me. lol

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,384

    Re: Fellow smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by Prok
    The fire safety thing is something they came up with to help cut down on fires i guess.

    There are like 2 or 3 parts of each cigarette that will simply let it extinguish itself if left unattended. Not sure if it's some kind of chemical additive or not. What i can say, for sure, is that it has definately changed the taste and quality of the cigarette. And many, like me, have a real hard time getting used to the new flavor and smoke-ability of the cigarettes.

    And the damn taxes they keep adding on to them is outrageous. I think they are trying to force ppl to quit by charging so much.

    My mom has smoked her whole life and has no cigarette related health problems other than the usual wheezyness etc. Hell, she's heading toward her late 70's and still going strong. lol

    I feel since we're all gonna die anyway i may as well enjoy smoking til' my number is called. But the government damn sure is gonna make it expensive for me. lol
    You can always refinance your house to buy smokes if you have to. I've heard people who smoke who move from the NE to the south say it's much less expensive to smoke down here. Heck there's tobacco farms all over the place. And tabacco farming jokes get some of the biggest laughs at church even though I never get what they're talking about.

    If it gets really expensive you can leave the south for russia or china. Those people can chain smoke. And they're poor so it must be really cheap over there. You see little kids smoking over there. When you land over in china, it's a cloudy haze.

  9. #9
    Legend fordfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    State of confusion
    Posts
    7,682

    Re: Fellow smokers

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't smoke, but I'm curious about what the hell a fire safety cigarette is? Never heard of it...
    Fire Standards Compliant Cigarettes
    Most states have enacted laws requiring cigarettes to meet certain fire standards for self-extinguishing when not being smoked. The laws require cigarettes to exhibit a greater likelihood of self-extinguishing using a prescribed laboratory test method developed by ASTM International (formerly, the American Society for Testing and Materials). These cigarettes are known as Fire Standards Compliant (FSC) cigarettes. It is important to note:

    * FSC cigarettes are not “fire-safe”. Anything that burns, if handled carelessly, can cause a fire.
    * FSC cigarettes should be handled and disposed of properly, just like all cigarettes.
    * Philip Morris USA’s FSC cigarettes are labeled with the term “FSC” on the pack above the UPC code.
    * State laws generally contain provisions permitting the sale of non-FSC cigarettes that have been tax stamped by wholesalers and retailers in the state prior to the effective date of the state’s FSC law.


    Banded Cigarette Paper
    PM USA uses cigarette paper technology known as banded cigarette paper to comply with the performance standard in the FSC laws. The idea behind this technology is that the cigarette is more likely to self-extinguish. As a result, FSC cigarettes may extinguish unexpectedly when unattended.

    About PM USA’s banded paper:

    * Bands applied to the cigarette paper use ingredients already used in non-FSC cigarettes.
    * These bands act like "speed bumps" (by decreasing the flow of oxygen through the paper to the burning tobacco) to slow down the rate at which the cigarette burns as the lit end crosses over them.
    * FSC cigarettes do not use fire-retardant chemicals in order to meet state fire standards.

    http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/cms/P ... rc=top_nav

    Molon labe

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell



    American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: Fellow smokers

    I enjoy an occasional cigar. My favorites are Backwoods, believe it or not. Not too expensive and taste great.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •