Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben's refusal to quit drinking could be a big mistake

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben's refusal to quit drinking could be a big mistake

Do you know how much Flori suck? So much that there aren't even many good anagrams of his name. The best one I could find proves he is on drugs:

Emir Of Kilo

Some other lame ones:

Rookie Film
    File Irk Moo
    File Mi Rook
    Life Irk Moo
    Life Mi Rook
    Fire Ilk Moo
    Fire Kilo Om
    Fire Mi Look
    Rife Ilk Moo
    Rife Kilo Om
    Rife Mi Look
    Foe Kilo Rim
    Foe Irk Limo
    Like If Room
    Like If Moor
    Like Fir Moo
    Like Roof Mi
    Liker If Moo
    Mike Foil Or
    Mike Floor I
    Mike Of Roil
    Mike Fro Oil
    Mike For Oil
    Mile If Rook
    Lime If Rook
    Moire Folk I
    Moire Of Ilk
    Mire If Look
    Mire Of Kilo
    Emir If Look
    Emir Of Kilo
    Rime If Look
    Rime Of Kilo
    Looker If Mi
    Em Folio Irk
    Me Folio Irk
    Romeo If Ilk
    More If Kilo
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by siss
    Or maybe its simply non of our business. Ben also said that it runs in the family. Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Ben's biggest issue is his love to party?
    if he stayed out of "trouble/news headlines" it wouldn't be anyones business...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if Ben is doing these things sober then we have a full blown wild child on our hands.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by siss
    Or maybe its simply non of our business. Ben also said that it runs in the family. Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Ben's biggest issue is his love to party?
    if he stayed out of "trouble/news headlines" it wouldn't be anyones business...

I've said it before and I'll say it again... if Ben is doing these things sober then we have a full blown wild child on our hands.
    I agree...and highly suspect alcohol is a factor. One of the criteria for alcoholism is negative consequences to drinking.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I'm not at all surprised to see that people who either admit they have problems with alcohol or who have alcoholics in the family are quick to assume that Ben has an issue with alcohol.

That seems to be a trend. Addicts almost always assume someone else is an addict too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer8
    I'm not at all surprised to see that people who either admit they have problems with alcohol or who have alcoholics in the family are quick to assume that Ben has an issue with alcohol.

That seems to be a trend. Addicts almost always assume someone else is an addict too.

I also find a trend that those who drink minimize the effects of alcohol, symptoms of alcoholism etc. It's a human tendency to evaluate through our own filters. With that said, the things I have stated can be seen in any medical book on addiction. And for the record I stick with the statistics. 1 in 10 of us will develop a clinical diagnosis of addiction. That number is shaded down due to reporting and recognition issues. Our ability to see trends and symptoms in recent years has improved significantly due to education. Your last statement is mostly incorrect. I don't know many addicts or alcoholics who see addiction in everyone they run into. But, they are more aware of the symptoms than the general public.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

I also find a trend that those who drink minimize the effects of alcohol, symptoms of alcoholism etc. It's a human tendency to evaluate through our own filters. With that said, the things I have stated can be seen in any medical book on addiction. And for the record I stick with the statistics. 1 in 10 of us will develop a clinical diagnosis of addiction. That number is shaded down due to reporting and recognition issues. Our ability to see trends and symptoms in recent years has improved significantly due to education. Your last statement is mostly incorrect. I don't many addicts or alcoholics who see addiction in everyone they run into. But, they are more aware of the symptoms than the general public.
    I'm just making an observation based on what I've seen in my life and that trend seems to hold true here as well.

I don't drink or do any drugs. Never have. I don't even take any prescription medications. So there's no filtering on my part.

Legend

User Info Menu

From the mayoclinic site on alcoholism one of the main symptoms of alcohol abuse is...

Having legal problems or problems with relationships, employment or finances due to drinking

This alone is reason to get an evaluation.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't drink at all. Never had any desire to drink or smoke or do any drugs other than Tylenol and the like. The whole concept of getting drunk or high just seemed dumb to me and I didn't want to be a part of it, even though I understood that I was in a miniscule minority in high school, college, and even today. I prefer to keep my wits about me, and if I want a brief escape from some of the dredgeries of everyday life, I can watch a movie, play a game, do something athletic, etc. That works for me. Therefore, I don't have much of a frame of reference to comment on the effects of alcohol, since I never experienced it myself.

That being said, my opinion is that alcohol almost certainly played a significant role in whatever happened in Millegeville that night. But I have no reason to believe that Ben, the girl, or anyone else there is an alcoholic, just because there were some negative consequences that evening.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

I also find a trend that those who drink minimize the effects of alcohol, symptoms of alcoholism etc. It's a human tendency to evaluate through our own filters. With that said, the things I have stated can be seen in any medical book on addiction. And for the record I stick with the statistics. 1 in 10 of us will develop a clinical diagnosis of addiction. That number is shaded down due to reporting and recognition issues. Our ability to see trends and symptoms in recent years has improved significantly due to education. Your last statement is mostly incorrect. I don't many addicts or alcoholics who see addiction in everyone they run into. But, they are more aware of the symptoms than the general public.
    I'm just making an observation based on what I've seen in my life and that trend seems to hold true here as well.

I don't drink or do any drugs. Never have. I don't even take any prescription medications. So there's no filtering on my part.
    Gotcha. Well, your statement is an overgeneralization not based on fact. Many times early alcoholics long to "drink like normal people". That in itself shows that many alcoholics recognize the difference in normal and abnormal consumption of alcohol.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I don't drink at all. Never had any desire to drink or smoke or do any drugs other than Tylenol and the like. The whole concept of getting drunk or high just seemed dumb to me and I didn't want to be a part of it, even though I understood that I was in a miniscule minority in high school, college, and even today. I prefer to keep my wits about me, and if I want a brief escape from some of the dredgeries of everyday life, I can watch a movie, play a game, do something athletic, etc. That works for me. Therefore, I don't have much of a frame of reference to comment on the effects of alcohol, since I never experienced it myself.

That being said, my opinion is that alcohol almost certainly played a significant role in whatever happened in Millegeville that night. But I have no reason to believe that Ben, the girl, or anyone else there is an alcoholic, just because there were some negative consequences that evening.
    Fair enough...but the fact that alcohol likely played a role supports the notion of alcohol abuse at the very least. I know a professional white collar recovering alcoholic who only drank 1-2 times a month. But, many times when he drank he got himself into fights or legal troubles. He was diagnosed by some of the best minds in addiction with alcoholism.
    Trolls are people too.