Thread: The...This is why (insert sport) sucks! thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The...This is why (insert sport) sucks! thread

Soccer - because it's 89 minutes and 20 seconds of watching people chase each other, and 40 seconds of excitement broken down into about ten 4 second clumps. After those 4 seconds it is either a REALLY cool celebration (I gotta admit when goal is finally scored soccer is exciting for a couple minutes of celebration and announcer calls) or the ball is out of bounds/controlled by the goalie and all momentum is lost.

SOCCER SUCKS!

Basketball - There's 200 points scored in a game. There's no real danger if you miss a shot until the last 10 seconds. I just fail to see how this is interesting at all.

BASKETBALL SUCKS!

Golf - This is what business men and mafia gangsters do as a way to get out in the open and discuss their dirty dealings where no one else can hear them. That's kind of exciting if you could hear what was going on. Unfortunately, the only golf that's on tv is the kind where it is considered rude to make noise half of the time, and the only dirty dealings are with Tiger Woods banging a whole lot of chicks in his private life. Bonus points to John Daly for spicing things up.

GOLF SUCKS!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The...This is why (insert sport) sucks! thread

The Baltimore Ravens Suck

Same old Browns, different unis. They did to Cleveland what Indy did to them. What a city of douches. They lack class. They play dirty. And they smell funny. Oops wrong thread. Sorry D. Baltimore sucks so bad they distracted me off topic.

F Baltimore. You have Johns Hopkins, but that's because you are a violent sh!thole that needs a great hospital to take care of your cesspool. But I digress.

Back on topic.

This is why ShuttleCock sucks

People who play it wear headbands. And the only people I ever see wearing headbands are the guys who mow their lawns in coke bottle looking glasses, daisy duke shorts, striped polos, and white tube socks up to their knees and shuttlecock players.

Shuttlecock is meant to be enjoyed at summer barbecues. It's a fun sport. Nerds who suck at manly sports shouldn't be allowed to take this summer pastime away from us and try to turn it into a serious game that it's not. Go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons you freaks!!!!!!!!!!

Or at least go sink each others battleships. Leave shuttlecock to my drunken aunts and uncles. This sport was built on honorable hardworking drunks across America who like to trip over lose pegs when they run out of bounds. It was built on seeing how much air you can get under the birdie. It was meant to create family fights over crooked nets. And it was meant for laughing at the word shuttlecock.

Joke's on you for taking this crap seriously.

This is why ShuttleCock Sucks!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer sucks.

Golf is awesome.

Legend

User Info Menu

DRoco nailed it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Basketball -

I've witnessed our middle aged, overweight, vertically challenged high school janitor
    knock down 30 free throws in a row.

I turn on an NBA game and a professional can't hit two in a row. But he's 7 foot tall
    and can make 9 out of 10 when standing unchallenged under the hoop.

March f#@king madness annoys the hell out of me. Everyone and their grandma
    fills out a bracket. I refuse to.

The last two minutes of a game take an hour and a half, but if you enjoy commercials,
    you'll be on the edge of your seat.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer

If Slovania can beat us at any sport it must suck!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Soccer

WTF do the clocks count up instead of down? Must be a metric thing? I would rather know how much time is left.

Backup

User Info Menu

NASCAR

Never understood the fascination with it. Spending three hours (or however long it takes) watching people drive in a circle is no way to spend a Sunday afternoon. And during interviews, I hate how the drivers refer to the cars instead of each other ... "Yeah, the 4 car bumped me." A lot of people say they watch it for the wrecks. Really?? Here's an idea, watch SportsCenter ... you'll see the wrecks and don't have to sit through the rest of the boring crap.

NASCAR sucks.
    http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7648/newwallacesig.gif

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Soccer, like golf does not suck if you play(ed) the sport. So IMHO, the both are awesome.

Baseball sucks the big vein-layered sausage!!!