Thread: Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1,2&3

Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1,2&3

Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 992f0ffba9

ASK THE STEELERS Ė BYRON LEFTWICH Ė PART 1

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Jeff Brewers asks: What was your first reaction when you found out you were traded to the Steelers?
    Byron Leftwich: It was a great reaction. When I was here last time it was the best experience I had being in the NFL. I feel this is the best organization in sports. To have another chance to get an opportunity to play here itís a great time for me.

Dennis Sullivan in San Diego, California asks: Did you have any say in the trade that brought you back to Pittsburgh?
    Byron Leftwich: Any time you get traded you have some type of clue as to what is going on. I didnít really need a say because what I wanted to say is the same thing they wanted to say, I wanted to be a part of the organization. I wanted to be a part of this team again. To have the opportunity is a blessing. I took it and ran with it.

JJ Myers in Miami, Florida asks: What makes the Steelers organization special?
    Byron Leftwich: The way they run things from the top to the bottom. All good organizations have to be run great from the top. Thatís whatís going on here. The Rooney family runs it in a great way. Itís starts there and mingles down through the coaching staff, players, the training staff, equipment staff and the office staff. It all starts at the top. When you have the right leadership at the top, showing you the way to do things itís good to follow and thatís what we are doing.

Steve Burns asks: How much does it help to come to a team you are already familiar with as far as the playbook and your teammates?
    Byron Leftwich: This is great. I donít have to learn a whole new offense. I kind of remember it. Itís different from what I did last year. Itís just getting used to it and that is what I am doing.

S. Everett in Hackensack, New Jersey asks: Was it hard leaving the Steelers after winning a Super Bowl with the team?
    Byron Leftwich: Yes, it was very hard, but at the same time you understand in this business sometimes things happen. What is exciting for me is to have the opportunity to come back and play where I won a Super Bowl. That is a beautiful thing.

James Little asks: What type of reaction did you get from your teammates upon returning to the Steelers?
    Byron Leftwich: I got about 15 text messages and 10 calls right away. It was exciting to see that the guys were excited I was coming back. I made friends here that I will have for the rest of my life. To have another chance to play with them is good.

Martin Mendez asks: How are you going to deal with such high expectations from Steelers fans everywhere?
    Byron Leftwich: As players we have such high expectations for ourselves. I am pretty sure their expectations will be where mine are. When you are here, you are here to do one thing and that is win football games and we will try and do that.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Re: Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1

Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 2
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 806c100f53

ASK THE STEELERS Ė BYRON LEFTWICH Ė PART 2

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Chris James asks: What is the strong point of your game?
    Byron Leftwich: The mental part of it would be. I understand what defenses are trying to do; I understand where my guy is supposed to be. I have a real good grasp of this game of football and I understand what teams are going to try and do against us, against me if I am playing. I have a good understanding of the game.

Kevin Johnsonin Birmingham, Alabama asks: With the recent shuffle of receivers from the draft and injuries do you feel we have the weapons and the capabilities to stretch the field vertically and horizontally?
    Byron Leftwich: From what I have seen in mini-camp yes we do. This receiving corps is a whole lot faster than the one when I was here two years ago. I know we have some unproven guys, but from what I am seeing on a day-to-day basis we are far capable of doing whatever we need to do offensively, especially at the wide receiver position.

Paul M. Jefferson in New York, New York asks: What do you have to do to get the receivers in sync with you and to develop chemistry?
    Byron Leftwich: Doing what we are doing now, just throwing the ball to each other as much as we can. Being around each other; picking each otherís brain. That is the key for me, to learn them and understand where they like the ball and put the ball there. Once you understand where guys like the ball and you figure out how your guys are coming out of breaks, it makes throwing the ball a lot easier.

Greg Allison asks: What is your initial impression of Mike Wallace having seen him in mini-camp?
    Byron Leftwich: He can run. He can run. He is one of the fastest people I have seen in my life.

Edward Heupler in Pasadena, California: What do you think you can contribute to this team?
    Byron Leftwich: I have been through every situation. I have been through the highs, led my team to the playoffs. I have been to the lows of the lows. I understand the true meaning of this league. When you play in enough games, there are going to be some peaks and valleys. I have been through that and by doing that it has made me a better person and player.

Nate Hinzman in Johnstown, Pennsylvania asks: How does it feel to be a member of a team with such a great history and legacy as the Pittsburgh Steelers?
    Byron Leftwich: These are the things you dream about. As a kid you dream about certain teams because of their legacy and history. Everybody in the world knows the Pittsburgh Steelers. It doesnít matter where you are. The black and gold is known worldwide because of the guys that played here, what they do and what type of organization it is. For me you canít get any better. I believe itís the best organization in sports.

Dan Furlone asks: What are you looking forward to this year?
    Byron Leftwich: Just having the opportunity to play with this organization again; to play with this team again. It was so much fun last time I was here. I am so excited. I canít wait. I want us to get in season mode because last time I was here we had so much fun.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Re: Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1&2

ASK THE STEELERS Ė BYRON LEFTWICH Ė PART 3
    http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... bceba990a8

Bryan DeArdo at Capital University asks: Despite all of your NFL success, where does your 404-yard, four touchdown performance in the 49-45 win over Toledo in the 2002 MAC Championship Game rank among your all-time greatest football moments?
    Byron Leftwich: Itís up there. I remember everything. That is one thing about me. I remember every play, every game. I remember it all. Itís a memory in my brain and brings back good memories of what we did at Marshall because it was special.

Kevin Flaherty in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania asks:How does playoff atmosphere feel in Pittsburgh?
    Byron Leftwich: Itís great. It an exciting time to see all of the things I saw during the Super Bowl run. Me being in Jacksonville I was used to playing against the Pittsburgh Steelers. When you are a part of this you realize this is a special place.

Jay Peterson in Ohio asks: Having played for the Steelers and against them, what do you think of Steelers fans?
    Byron Leftwich: I love them. That is what football is all about. Even when you came here as the opposing team, Pittsburgh fans understand football so much. They have been around football so long. They are true football fans. Not a lot of people can say that. When you are the opposing team you understand what you get from the fans. Itís what you expect. When you are a part of it and see the thousands of fans who come to the road games, itís a great thing.

Tammy Argyrakis in Princeton, West Virginia asks: After all these years in the league do you still have allthat confidence in your ability that Ihave admired since your college days?
    Byron Leftwich: Oh yeah, that will never go anywhere. When I lose confidence in myself I will stop playing this game. My confidence is very high right now. I know I can play in this league. Just to have a chance to go out and play with a team like this is very exciting.

Morgan Miller in Bridgeport, West Virginia asks: Do you have any game day rituals?
    Byron Leftwich: I donít wet my hands on game day. I donít wet my right hand.

Dale Munn in New York asks: What kind of advice can you give to the Steelers rookies?
    Byron Leftwich: The best advice I can give is be ready to come in and contribute and help win football games. Thatís what it is all about here. We are football players. There is some entertainment, and that comes when you win football games. I think Mike Tomlin does a great job of getting guys in here who he believes will give him the best opportunity to win football games. Come in here and be prepared to help win football games. Thatís all I can really say.

Luke Collins asks: What is the Steelers locker room like compared to other teams you played for?
    Byron Leftwich: Itís very different. Itís a professional football team and they act that way. We have veteran guys who understand how to win football games. Thatís what you want. We are all on the football team to win football games. One thing I know about this locker room is everybody in there has one goal in common and that is win football games.

Molon labe

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Ask The Steelers - Leftwich 1,2&3

Morgan Miller in Bridgeport, West Virginia asks: Do you have any game day rituals?
    Byron Leftwich: I donít wet my hands on game day. I donít wet my right hand.
    Ewww...note to self...if by some miracle you get sideline passes one day, do not shake Leftwich's hand on gameday. Stinkpalm...

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware