Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Question About Karate Kid

Legend

OT - Question About Karate Kid

I've seen this movie 200+ times, and for the first time today, I noticed something that bothered me.

When the guy from the Cobra Kai cheap shots Daniel Laruso and knocks him out of the competition, why does he apologize to Daniel?

The whole movie, these Cobra Kai guys want to take out Daniel. But when their sensei commands them to put Daniel out of commission, the kid objects. WTF? He should have wanted to kill Daniel-san. And why would he be sorry for doing what he wanted to do the whole movie?

And why didn't I notice this until today?

Legend

Re: OT - Question About Karate Kid

Now this same kid that took out Daniel and apologized is the same one that's now cheering on Johnny and yelling "Get him a body bag!" WTF?

What a flip flopper this kid is.

Legend

And what's with Johhny congratulating Daniel san right after he gets crane kicked in the face?

I'm sorry, if someone crane kicks me in the face, I'm gonna be too PO'd to be immediately gracious.

And why is it illegal for Johnny to punch Daniel in the face, but the much more powerful crane kick to the face is allowed in the All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament? This isn't a karate tournament we should let our kids participate in.

Legend

When you rewatch the Karate Kid, are you let down a little? I mean, we now know that the undefendable crane kick is totally blockable with Okinawa training.

I was yelling at Johnny to use the drum technique.

The crane kick has so lost it's allure now that we know about the drum technique.

Legend

Oh and 1 more thought. The drum technique rules. Cause in KK3, Daniel-san perfects his bonsai trimming skills while his karate skills make him look like Napolean Dynamite. And he just does some crappy slow motion karate form dance to razzle dazzle his opponent before just beating him in the next All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament.

I mean, KK3 is so bad that they replace Daniel-san with Hillary Swank.

Hillary F'n Swank.

I'd so drop her with my drum technique.

Heck, Chuck Norris might not be able to handle the drum technique. He'd try to roundhouse kick me and I'd drop that mother flipper - drum style.

Step to flippy and you are gonna get beat (like a drum).

Ah ha, that's where that saying came from

Starter

i think dude was trying to pretend it was an accident so the judges wouldnt give him a red card and send him to the showers? then later after Danielsan kicks his arse he is all "put him in a body bag!!"....?? I havent seen that movie in a while....

isnt Dutch a douche? i hated that dude back in the day....

We didn't have a crane kick in Chinese kenpo. The closest kick was called a chicken kick (yeah I know funny name) and it's pretty easy to block. I have never seen a "crane kick" done in a tournament if that's even a real kick. That bothered me since I was little. But, it's just drama...just a movie. Great when you are a kid and kinda corney as you get older. But we are seeing the new one today here in a few minutes with the girls.

Great movie btw. Very true to the original film but with it's own spin.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Is Elisabeth Shue in the new one? If not, then I'm not going.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Is Elisabeth Shue in the new one? If not, then I'm not going.

While I always thought she was hot, I think it might be weird to see a 46 year old dating Will Smith's 11 year old son even in a movie.

That would be way beyond a normal cougar.