Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why not signed him?

Backup

User Info Menu

Why not signed him?

Ive been thinking...Brian Westbrook. We don't have alot of depth in the RB slot. I like Dwyer's potential also but to think he is going to be a major contributor is very unlikely.
    Westbrook isn't going to cost us much....if he doesn't get another concussion, he should remain healthly and hungry for a championship. I agree its a chance, but a chance worth taking.
    We seem to love those old philly rb's anyways, why not huh?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Why not signed him?

Because Washington signed him.
    [url="http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a"]http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/a[/url] ... ics/ky.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kennyes
    Because Washington signed him.
    The Redskins made an offer, but they didn't sign him.

That being said, I wouldn't want the Steelers to sign him. One hit and he's done. You can't rely on him being around.

Backup

User Info Menu

Plus we don't throw to the RB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07
    Plus we don't throw to the RB

besides, we prefer the empty backfield and 5-wide formation on 3rd and 1...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Eagles overworked Westbrook because their WRs sucked. So he got more than his fair share of carries and catches. Put him in a system where the WRs are competent and his presence can open things up for the whole offense. I say it's worth a shot. He could be very efficient with his touches if handled properly.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't have time to photoshop his face onto this image:

Legend

User Info Menu

Westbrook is one tackle away from being lost for a season because of concussions. The one he had last year was very serious. He would be a big risk. Besides the injury issue, he is really a redundant capability to Mdwelde Moore. Unless you were going to cut Moore it makes no sense to sign Westbrook.

If you wanted a RB to come in as a veteran #2 there are better and probably cheaper choices like: Justin Fargas, Ladell, Betts, LaMont Jordan.

Since this is the year of boomerang players, Gary Russell is a RFA unsigned by the Raiders and from what we hear about his performance Willie Parker may be back on the market soon.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Westbrook is one tackle away from being lost for a season because of concussions. The one he had last year was very serious. He would be a big risk. Besides the injury issue, he is really a redundant capability to Mdwelde Moore. Unless you were going to cut Moore it makes no sense to sign Westbrook.

If you wanted a RB to come in as a veteran #2 there are better and probably cheaper choices like: Justin Fargas, Ladell, Betts, LaMont Jordan.

Since this is the year of boomerang players, Gary Russell is a RFA unsigned by the Raiders and from what we hear about his performance Willie Parker may be back on the market soon.
    with you O. Westbrook is redundant unless we are going to cut Moore but I don't think that is going to happen. The 3 backs you mention are all good choices for a vet if that is what we decide to do. I also thought Gary Russell was coming into his own right before the Steelers let him go. He also seemed to do well as a FB for the Raiders.

I still think we should wait and see what we have in camp before we try and pick up another RB.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Prok

If we brought in anyone i'd want it to be Fargas as well. He'd be good complementary back imo and sure is a hustler.